Silver Star Story being remade for PSP

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Silver Star Story being remade for PSP

Post by Monde Luna »

This is the most exciting thing I have heard in quite some time. Finally a game that I am more than willing to buy, even though it's just another SSS I'm totally stoked! I hope sales are through the roof.

BTW Kizyr loved the fb quote... "In the Darkest Hour, Remakes Spring Eternal." so true so true

Hirox
Student of Vane

Post by Hirox »

Holy crap! I was about to try and put my copy of silver star story on my PSP but I cant figure the multi disk thing out, so Im just gonna wait for this now and just play lunar EB until then ^.^

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

I noticed this on another forum I visit. I'm quite excited, though I do worry a bit about what will become of the voices if an English release hits our shores. I wouldn't mind changes in the cast since it's pretty much inevitable, but I also really don't want to see the game littered with incredibly common voice actors and actresses. It just wouldn't feel right to me.

I wonder how much they'll pull from old and new versions of the game, though. I'd like to see a lot of the spell variety from the original come back.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Post by DragonmasterDan »

Lunar Eclipse wrote:I noticed this on another forum I visit. I'm quite excited, though I do worry a bit about what will become of the voices if an English release hits our shores. I wouldn't mind changes in the cast since it's pretty much inevitable, but I also really don't want to see the game littered with incredibly common voice actors and actresses. It just wouldn't feel right to me.

I wonder how much they'll pull from old and new versions of the game, though. I'd like to see a lot of the spell variety from the original come back.
I know Game Arts owns the English localization of TSS. So they could potentially use actual text and clips from that version in this (where it would fit).

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

I'm sure they could, but I'm also sure that at least some of the script will be rewritten. But who knows. Maybe the script will remain the same for all voice acted segments in both versions to avoid difficulty and reduce costs.
Last edited by Lunar Eclipse on Wed May 13, 2009 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Lunar Eclipse wrote:I'm sure they could, but I'm also sure that at least some of the script will be rewritten. But who knows. Maybe the script will remain the same for all voice acted segments in both version to avoid difficulty and reduce costs.
Well, all three different versions of the game so far TSS,SSS and Legend have substancially different scenarios and scripts.

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Oh, hey. I just noticed the yellow bars below everyone's HP/MP values. I wonder if this means they're keeping the break skill system from Legend?

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

http://www.gunghoworks.jp/game/lunar/ Website goes live Friday according to 1Up.

Sonix
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sonix »

I'm going crazy man, I'm really excited \o/
First day buy.

With this years lineup (some games also next year) I'm really glad I own a PSP.
Last edited by Sonix on Wed May 13, 2009 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

DragonmasterDan wrote:I know Game Arts owns the English localization of TSS. So they could potentially use actual text and clips from that version in this (where it would fit).
The last I heard, they didn't have the rights to all of it, just "bits and pieces."

Oh, and when are we going to open the new forum? ;)

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

DevNall wrote: The last I heard, they didn't have the rights to all of it, just "bits and pieces."

Oh, and when are we going to open the new forum? ;)
My understanding was Working Designs sold back the Sega CD translation of TSS to Game Arts, this allowed for names, places and other things to be re-used by Ubisoft for Lunar Legend.

Sonix
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sonix »

So is this based on TSS or SSSC?

I'd personally prefer EB remake, but I'll be fine with this. I'm just glad Lunar is still alive :)
"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Sonix wrote:So is this based on TSS or SSSC?

I'd personally prefer EB remake, but I'll be fine with this. I'm just glad Lunar is still alive :)
We're unsure. Supposedly it has more backstory though

segaboy7
Red Dragon Priest

Post by segaboy7 »

This is wicked news, finally another game i would buy for my psp, I only have like 3 games lol. I just wish it was either a sequel or an EB remake, TSS has been done so many times now. Oh well it looks awesome none the less, cant wait

Sonix
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sonix »

Ana
Saith Pirate

Post by Ana »

I just saw some higher quality scans for this. Nice to get a closer look. They're right under the Monster Hunter 3 scans.

http://www.true-gaming.net/home/?p=1045

Even though it's just an enhanced port/remake, I'm really excited and happy to see that Lunar is back!

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Sonix wrote:Remember this?
It's VERYsurprising that they chose PSP considering it's at the end of its life.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

This is the most excited I've been since before I played Dragon Song!

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Appropriate that it happens to be announced on my birthday. Can't say that I'm happy about the PSP choice.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

It would be on the only current-gen machine we don't already have. I've probably joked before about how I'd buy a PSP if there were a Lunar game on it, without expecting that ever to happen.

DDan: I don't believe anything was said about the SegaCD translation rights specifically being sold back to GA -- the context was when Legend was being localized and it'd be the SSS translation IF there were a specific game referenced, not TSS. Certainly no mention ever of the voice clips etc.