Teen parents.

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Teen parents.

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

It's depressing for teenage girls to attempt to raise a child while they are still growing so much. I want all the teenage girls who decide that a babydoll isn't enough and inconsequentially decide to mess up a life to just die. They tie themselves down with it and either do without properly living and grow up to be bitter or they just end up being neglectful because the novelty of having kids of their own wears off. It's disgusting.

If we have any people here who had a kid in their teen years and didn't have the decency to allow mature adults to adopt the child, you're pathetic and selfish and your child will be the one to pay for it most. Kill yourself.

meg
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Teen parents.

Post by meg »

over the top. you have to make them want to die without telling them to do so.

on the bright side, you and jenner both have just enough subtlety to do chick tracts.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

This has potential because it's my opinion rather than just trolling. I hate people that have the indecency to selfishly attempt to raise kids in their teen years.

"It's MY baby and as long as we're together...it's okay if he only ever eats ramen noodles and spaghetti growing up!"

"Your kid would have a better life if you'd chose to let him be adop-"

"I don't care! He's mine!"

meg
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by meg »

ah. that's a horse of another color.

i dunno, i have kinda mixed thoughts on this one. on the one hand, yes, a child is infinitely better off in the care of a capable and loving adult.

on the other, we're vastly understaffed in the "capable and loving adult" department. this issue ties in heavily with the availability (or lack thereof) of good sex ed programs and contraceptives. and how ridiculously hard it is to adopt a child in this country. and basic human selfishness all over the map. many kids that actually get taken away from their parents never find adoptive parents. they just get shuffled around from foster home to foster home until they're old enough to escape. and those looking to adopt don't tend to want anything besides a perfectly healthy baby--not one with some condition, or an older child.

i've actually tried to convince my husband to consider adoption or foster parenting, and he's just flat out not interested. he only wants a baby he's helped made. my mother, similarly, was considering having more children--by way of spending tens of thousands to get her tubes untied, rather than adoption.

people are kind of lame like that. and a child is better off with its immature underage birth mom than it is in the foster care system. so.

we need a "shrug" smiley.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Plenty of teenage girls avoid birth control for the sake of intentionally getting pregnant. I think they're trying to feel more mature and think they've advanced in life by creating a horrible situation that they can't undo.

Tell your husband that he's emotionally deficient if he can't love and take care of a child that doesn't share part of his genetic makeup. Ask him to put the shoe on the other foot and see how he'd feel if HE were a child that needed to be adopted.

Let your mother know that she should be disgusted with herself.

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

meg wrote:over the top. you have to make them want to die without telling them to do so.

on the bright side, you and jenner both have just enough subtlety to do chick tracts.

I'm too sophisticated to do Chick Tracks. I think I'd go more for abstract confounding New Yorker style comic panels. Monocles and top hats -Borgan-.

also, to make this a serious discussion: Adoption is -Dung Beetle-, adoption centers are paid money for each child they have, when you adopt a kid, you collect that money instead. As such, in order to make the most profit (which, as I've established before, is the goal of all industries) adoption programs are encouraged to not let families keep kids and make the requirements for receiving the kid ridiculous. That's why it's so difficult to adopt. Adoption programs can do surprise investigations of your home and trust me they'll look for everything they can to bring their cashcow back. I had a friend who was a child of the state, she had bounced between five foster families. I

n the first two cases where she was returned to the facility it was because the adopters were -Albino Baboon-. The other two cases where she was returned was because she did not mesh well with the families. The final family she was adopted to was absolutely perfect for her, she was so happy and called them mom and dad and genuinely loved them. The adoption center did a surprise inspection, found some -Dung Beetle- infraction on their ridiculous requirements for standard living conditions and took her away from that perfect family. I assume she killed herself when they took her back, she just disappeared off the radar.

As such adoption is designed to exploit children much like assisted living homes are designed to exploit the elderly and their families. If adoption was a more viable and pleasant alternative, I would be pro-Life. I wish all those frothy mouthed pro-lifers would practice what they preached and adopt if they don't want abortions to happen. But, omg, that would be intrusive onto their lives. Instead, we'll just sit back and -Borgan- and intrude in other people's lives.

Not all kids who are teenagers who get pregnant are idiots. But, getting pregnant while you're a teenager is idiotic. It's time to stop being so tight pants about sex education. The argument that proper sex ed is giving the impression that having sex is a good thing is just so completely ridiculous. When did having sex become a bad thing? I honestly think that these views of society are a bit backwards. I understand that, to have sex outside marriage or at a young age, is irresponsible and dangerous. It's going to happen. Abstinence Only edicts just give the kids NO way to protect themselves. Yes, it would be ideal if kids just did not have sex, but that is a delusion, especially when everything is so sexualized now. We can't plug our ears and sing loudly and escape to magical rainbow fairyland anymore about this. Children need to be armed to defend themselves against unwanted pregnancies and STDs. Proper education on all the ways to keep safe while having intercourse should be taught to kids, and mentioning abstinence as the most effective way should be pushed, but the other ways to prevent unwanted results from sex should also be taught. Then, maybe, after a few generations, we might see some change, especially if we make protection regularly available.

We, as a society, can no longer afford to pretend that our disapproval will be enough to steer cultural actions and personal choices. So, we should teach them, prepare them, support them, and protect them. Then, we can go back to plugging our ears and singing really loud and pretending they're not doing it. Ignorance is bliss.

Until then. If it's a baby's life vs a full grown woman's life. I kill the baby.
Last edited by Jenner on Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I've always found it a bit hypocritical to be pro-life and opposed to teaching proper sex education to teenagers. Unless your goal is more teenage pregnancies, at least. (I also find it odd how someone can be both pro-life and an avid supporter of the death penalty.)

On that note, I fully support comprehensive sex education in high school, and I'm strongly opposed to the death penalty in this country. You may be able to infer my feelings on abortion from that. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Kizyr wrote:I've always found it a bit hypocritical to be pro-life and opposed to teaching proper sex education to teenagers. Unless your goal is more teenage pregnancies, at least. (I also find it odd how someone can be both pro-life and an avid supporter of the death penalty.)

On that note, I fully support comprehensive sex education in high school, and I'm strongly opposed to the death penalty in this country. You may be able to infer my feelings on abortion from that. KF
Jenner wrote:Until then. If it's a baby's life vs a full grown woman's life. I kill the baby.
In response to this, I would also eat the baby so it doesn't go to waste. Especially if it was a minority baby, then not only would I have a good meal, and not waste a perfectly good baby, but it also wouldn't grow up to take my job and vote for democrats.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

I'd go so far as to make it the law that you HAVE to let your kid be adopted if you have it before 25. If you had to be 25 or older to raise a child, the country would be VASTLY better within a decade.
Jenner wrote:I would also eat the baby
Why don't you have a seat over there?

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Jenner wrote:Until then. If it's a baby's life vs a full grown woman's life. I kill the baby.
In response to this, I would also eat the baby so it doesn't go to waste. Especially if it was a minority baby, then not only would I have a good meal, and not waste a perfectly good baby, but it also wouldn't grow up to take my job and vote for democrats.[/quote]
That's quite a modest proposal.

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

DevNall wrote:
Jenner wrote:
In response to this, I would also eat the baby so it doesn't go to waste. Especially if it was a minority baby, then not only would I have a good meal, and not waste a perfectly good baby, but it also wouldn't grow up to take my job and vote for democrats.
That's quite a modest proposal.

Well played sir. :D

See Mickey? Now the No More than Three Quotes rule is screwing up our intellectual discussion.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

meg
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by meg »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:Tell your husband that he's emotionally deficient if he can't love and take care of a child that doesn't share part of his genetic makeup. Ask him to put the shoe on the other foot and see how he'd feel if HE were a child that needed to be adopted.
sadly, the only man i know who ISN'T emotionally deficient in some way is gay.
Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:Let your mother know that she should be disgusted with herself.
dude. i have to do everything around here.

do we really have to eat the babies? i lean vegetarian (except where delicious bacon is concerned). couldn't we just send the babies to the taxidermist? dolls for everyone!

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

meg wrote:do we really have to eat the babies? i lean vegetarian (except where delicious bacon is concerned). couldn't we just send the babies to the taxidermist? dolls for everyone!
I dunno, we'd be wasting all that good meat. We could just collect it and package it though. We could sell it in the markets. Harvest the organs and hook them up to life support until they grow so we can use them when they grow? Use the stem sells when we kill them as "fetuses" and maybe use the dead fetuses that come out of that to line slip and slides.

This is becoming increasingly awesome.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

meg wrote:
Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:Tell your husband that he's emotionally deficient if he can't love and take care of a child that doesn't share part of his genetic makeup. Ask him to put the shoe on the other foot and see how he'd feel if HE were a child that needed to be adopted.
sadly, the only man i know who ISN'T emotionally deficient in some way is gay.
We all have our issues. Some more than others. With some it's the "only my genes" thing and with others it's trust. To each his own, I suppose. You're already married so I guess it doesn't matter what other men you know go for. lol

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

why can't teens just practice self control? Whats so bad with that?

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Aaron wrote:why can't teens just practice self control? Whats so bad with that?
They can, some do. But self-control is learned. It comes from good parenting, something America is extremely lacking in.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

CatsWithMatches
Red Dragon Priest

Post by CatsWithMatches »

meg wrote:i lean vegetarian (except where delicious bacon is concerned).
curse your stereotype-supporting dietary ways!

As a non-bacon-obsessed vegetarian, I protest.

:P

On a serious note, self control, despite being the answer, is anathema to what modern society and media preaches.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Jenner wrote:
Aaron wrote:why can't teens just practice self control? Whats so bad with that?
They can, some do. But self-control is learned. It comes from good parenting, something America is extremely lacking in.

I'm sure the 12-16 crowd that gets pregnant can take a decent portion of the blame for that.

meg
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by meg »

CatsWithMatches wrote:
meg wrote:i lean vegetarian (except where delicious bacon is concerned).
curse your stereotype-supporting dietary ways!

As a non-bacon-obsessed vegetarian, I protest.

:P

On a serious note, self control, despite being the answer, is anathema to what modern society and media preaches.
dude, in this case, the stereotype is richly deserved. bacon is -Fatal Hopper- tasty.

also, fish. i don't care what peta says. those are not sea-kittens, those are delectable entrees. if my beta fish was bigger, i'd be tempted to fry him up.

and regarding self control--i wish i'd had less of it as a teen. i wish i'd gotten an actual sex education instead of the abstinence talk (our pastor told us kissing wasn't ok). i wish i could say more about my teen years than "i was a good girl who stayed home and studied." seriously. there is nothing worth remembering about my growing up. i had a lot of self control, a lot of tightly held morals, and 18 years of being bored and miserable.

the kids need education and access. they have plenty of time to learn self control.

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

@Meg

Seems like you had a good life. Seems like you're being a bit immature. You should feel lucky you were spared that. Don't look down on yourself.