Strategy Guide Pic

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Strategy Guide Pic

Post by Monde Luna »

Gamestop has a picture of the strategy guide up: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Product ... t_id=76951
Attachments
strat guide.jpg
strat guide.jpg (6.43 KiB) Viewed 20411 times

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Re: Strategy Guide Pic

Post by Silver Phoenix »

The shipping date is next Tuesday (February 23rd) so some stores may have it the day of, or a day or two later.

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

For some reason, they've done early shipping with a lot of guides lately. I remember getting the Tales of Vesperia guide several days before the actual game's release and being able to spill lots of localization info. XD
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

It would be nice to get this early. I want to look through the pretty guide! :mrgreen:

Even if I don't get it early, the 23rd is only 5 days away. ^_^

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

The guide ships today. I haven't received a confirmation email yet :( I hope it comes.

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

I'll probably be picking it up as soon as I get my paycheck. But first I'll probably see if I can find it at a Gamestop to flip through it a bit. If it doesn't contain an insane amount of awesome artwork, I see no reason to pick it up.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Um, it's a strategy guide not an artbook. It also isn't a special edition, so don't expect to have an over abundance of art. Who knows, you may be surprised.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Aaron wrote:The guide ships today. I haven't received a confirmation email yet :( I hope it comes.
If you ordered it from Gamestop, did you sign in to check your order? It may be backordered. I signed in to check on my guide and it says it's backordered for whatever reason.

The stupid part is that it says "usually ships in 24 hours" on the page for the guidebook. >_>

Is anyone else backordered?

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Today is the shipping date, and not the release date. I called one of the area Gamestops and was told they should hopefully have the guide tomorrow.

If anything was back-ordered, it's the game itself because Amazon had a message on my purchase saying that the item was back-ordered and it pissed me off. I pre-ordered the game back in December! I joined the Prime trial just to get release day delivery for free, so it better show up.

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

I just checked and it said my status was open and that they were verifying...whatever that means. I think it means, its not on the truck that going to be delivering the mail today...

=\

This is last time I order something from gamestop

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I'm tempted to cancel my order if I don't get it in the next few days an try ordering it from them again since it's not backordered on the website but is for me for whatever reason. It still says open status and backordered in green letters for me. :\

When did you order yours, Aaron? I ordered mine on the 4th of this month.

Hopefully you get it your game on time, Phoenix. I ordered mine in December as well and mine isn't backordered. I got paranoid and checked mine after you said yours was backordered. I would be mad too if mine said backordered (well, I am mad, but about the guidebook).

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

Silver Phoenix wrote:Um, it's a strategy guide not an artbook. It also isn't a special edition, so don't expect to have an over abundance of art. Who knows, you may be surprised.
I'm hoping to be surprised. I've seen some strategy guides that are just chock full of awesome official art.

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

I also ordered mine on the 4th

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Aaron wrote:I also ordered mine on the 4th
Well, now it says mine is shipped! How it can go from backordered to shipped is beyond me. O_o

I guess Gamestop just wanted to taunt me or something. Not EVER ordering anything from them online again, though. I'll only buy stuff in the store itself.

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

I didn't get to preorder this guide, so I hope they still have one left when I go... Our GS is very bad with getting guides-- it's why I missed on Muramasa, they only had 1. Luckily, if I can leave the "in-laws" soon enough, we can make it to my Gamestop and I can reserve one while picking up Heavy Rain and preordering Alan Wake's LE...

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

Mine shipped too! yay! Now I better have it tomorrow, can't wait.

@ShindoW
LOL
"In-Laws" I feel your pain and sympathize with you.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Ah crap, I completely forgot to pre-order the guide. Looks like they have them in stock on the GameStop website. I'll probably hit local stores tomorrow and if they don't have it, pick it up online.
-G1

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

Apparently mine is on the way. I ordered 2 so hopefully I will get them tomorrow.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I called three GameStops and they didn't get the guides in today either. I'm worried that it is going to be hard to find the guides as not all stores will even get them, and it was stupid to make it exclusive to them if they don't have enough to meet demand.

Hopefully some will show up in the next few days.

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

I just can't imagine Gamestop carrying the strat guide for Lunar unless it was preordered anyway. I doubt that they even acknowledge Lunar as a potential high selling game. I hope I'm wrong, but that's my thought process. Thus I preordered, hopefully they got the preordered guides in store though. I wonder...