Strategy Guide Pic

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Strategy Guide Pic

Post by Aaron »

The beastiary & item charts don't list where to find the things you are looking for. LAME!

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

In the pages of the guide it lists every item found in a treasure chest, as well as the red locked chests and what can be purchased from the shops. Maybe they weren't as thorough as they should have been to list locations of items/weapons/armor separately if someone missed them.

dairugger
Lyton Singer

Post by dairugger »

what i thought was odd about the character intro section, was there was no Nall info..

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Yeah, that's disappointing. Instead of wasting an entire page with Ramus' portrait they could have allocated that space to a Nall bio.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Apparently our Game Stop has em. Called em. Jerks never called me to say they were in. I had it pre-ordered. :x Man that place likes to screw up my pre-orders. I remember I pre-ordered Fullmetal Alchemist and the Broken Angel morons never even did it! Sure took our money though...luckily it wasn't one of those major games though, but still.

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

Yeah I went into Gamestop today to buy a PS3 and saw 4 Lunar SSH guides. I was shocked, and pleased.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Yeah, I'll get mine this week sometime probably.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Monde Luna, congrats on your PS3 purchase. Is this in preparation for FFXIII, or something else?

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

Thanks I am quite happy with it. =o) It was purchased because of FF but my hubby doesn't know that. He is excited about watching Blue Ray movies. He bought Wolfenstein and I started playing Valkyria Chronicles today. I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit.

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

Way to go, Monde Luna~ I just finished Heavy Rain... definetly rent it if you can't afford to buy it. Its not a game for everyone (This is my dream genre!), but definetly worth picking up once. =)

TerraBemani
Student of Vane

Post by TerraBemani »

You know I'm wondering if the guide is the exact size of the old WD Lunar SSSC guide. I mean the pages/cover can't be that much smaller or bigger.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Monde Luna wrote:Thanks I am quite happy with it. =o) It was purchased because of FF but my hubby doesn't know that. He is excited about watching Blue Ray movies. He bought Wolfenstein and I started playing Valkyria Chronicles today. I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit.
There's DLC for Valkyria Chronicles on PSN, and new content was just put up this past Thursday. As for your telelvision settings, you want to get the most out of your PS3 and TV setting. Under Display Settings on the XMB screen (when you boot up your system) make sure you have RGB Full Range (HDMI) set to Limited, and under Video Settings you want BD/DVD Video Outut Format (HDMI) set to Y Pb/Cb Pr/Cr.

RGB is only used for computer monitors generally, and you'll get an oversaturation of blacks (Crushing) that will hide detail. Are you using an HDMI cable for an HDTV, or are you using an SDTV?

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

I picked up my copy of the guide yesterday and I really like it! It's kinda tiny which kinda works because the game is on PSP? It Feels right? There's a lot of really good information! But there seems to be some stuff missing or things I really wish could have been put in. Such as, I couldn't find anything about the item you get from beating the demo. Maybe even a section that mentions the demo? Also missing was a page on each of the temp. characters who join your party. I think that would have been nice. I must say I really laughed hard on Ramus' info pages. I would have really liked to have seen that book broken up into chapters. Like to me I feel the game is in chapters because of the sections of world map you travel. There are no pictures of the world maps at all. :( Nice would have also been if there was an art section where each character had their expressions shown. Oh same with the bestiary, I would have liked to have seen a picture of each monster. My favorite part of the guide is the way the maps are shown! It's nice to be able to see how things changed. Some of the map changes I don't agree with but that's me. Well worth the $15!
Depend On You Changed My Life.

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

Guys thanks for the all advice/suggestions regarding my new PS3. =o) As for the Strategy Guide I just got it today and I think it's cute. I'm totally excited for the big day tomorrow. I even got a text from my gamestop to remind me that Lunar will be waiting for me when I get out of school tomorrow. But now I gotta get back to my PS3, thanks again guys!

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Post by DragonmasterDan »

I tried to avoid buying from GameStop but it appears they're the only place that carries the guide. Even Amazon doesn't have a listing I could find. Oh well.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

The guide is a Gamestop/Gamestop.com exclusive, therefore you won't find it in any other stores or online.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I finally got around to unwrapping my guide and flipping through it today. It's not bad. A lot of things are done right. A few strange choices, though.

I didn't see anywhere the explanation for the boss stats, though possibly I just missed it. If not... the "bonus" row is what's multiplied by Alex's level (not his HP, as it says in the beginning of the guide) and added to the numbers in the base row to get the actual stats. You can see this by inspection, but thought I should clarify; it took me a while to figure it out from the Japanese guide, which only lists the stats for the "expected" level.

The mini-boss guide for Mel in Meribia says that Alex should use Vigor, but I don't think the guide says anywhere that Alex should therefore be at Level 12 by the end of the Saline Slimer fight. I wonder if anyone will get messed up by that.

The same ludicrous height and weight -- well, weight; the heights aren't ludicrous -- stats are used as in the TSS guide. What's also used from the TSS guide is Alex's age of 15, which I'm pretty sure is wrong; he's older in the remakes. There are several other errors in the character profiles; Jessica's hometown is listed as Vane and Kyle's as Nanza, when both should be Meribia (where Kyle grew up, though not his current residence as of the time of the game). There's an obvious typo in Mia's stats chart. The stat charts themselves are great, though.

The guide also says that Dragon Healing removes status effects. I don't remember this; can anyone confirm, for this or previous games?

Sadrin: the Silver Darts you get from having the demo clear data are listed at the end of the Staves section of the weapon charts, inexplicably. They're also mentioned in the Secrets section on p. 220, since they can be purchased just before going to the Frontier, but (also inexplicably) they're described as "a great early-game weapon". The Frontier, of course, isn't early-game in any way. I would guess that they didn't want to put anything about the demo in the guidebook since presumably the demo will stop being available long before the game itself vanishes.

There's also the rather idiotic note before the Bromide section saying that while it may be a spoiler to show the bromides and their locations they can be pretty hard to get so we want to provide all the information. Then they show the bromides anyway, which is totally unnecessary to providing the instructions on how to get them. :roll:

It's strange that Mel isn't in with the bosses, just in the guide text itself. There's blank space on the bosses pages where his info could have fit. The statue isn't in those tables either.

The enemy charts are nice and comprehensive, but also lack a legend (that I could see) and need some things explained. The item drop % is out of 128, not out of 100, so it's not a percent chance. The vulnerabilities to Alex and Kyle are to their spells, not their direct attacks. There are also other weaknesses and resistances that individual monsters have -- to various status effects and Jessica's Banish (Fear) Litany -- that are not listed. I suppose that's understandable since most players don't use status effects specifically much.