Pets!

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Pets!

Post by MaroonChan »

In one topic some people were showing off their pets, so I figured maybe a topic might be nice for it.

Me and my chihuahua, Poppy! She's a little trouble maker! Lol...ignore the part of it that is me *runs*
MeganPoppy5.jpg
MeganPoppy5.jpg (57.88 KiB) Viewed 26264 times

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Pets!

Post by ShindoW »

Yosh, that was me and my little Olie. I'll find/post the pic later.

He gave us a scare today, with a 106 fever. The vet looked like she was gonna have to tell us to put him down but his blood work and kidneys were perfect for a 10 yr old cat.. a little antiobiotics and hes doing way better. <3

Im not a dog person, but that dog is very cute!

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

ShindoW wrote:Yosh, that was me and my little Olie. I'll find/post the pic later.

He gave us a scare today, with a 106 fever. The vet looked like she was gonna have to tell us to put him down but his blood work and kidneys were perfect for a 10 yr old cat.. a little antiobiotics and hes doing way better. <3

Im not a dog person, but that dog is very cute!
^^ Thank you. Her cuteness can deceive you, lol.

And awww...least your guy is feeling better! I hate seeing animals sick and junk.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Glad to hear your cat's doing better. CMY had a fever back when she was only a couple of months old. I had to take her to a vet on Christmas eve. >_< Her fever was only 103, though, which is only slightly above normal for a cat.

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

Moved from the 2 Lunars in one day thread:
My baby and I
This was when he had some excess fat removed a few weeks back
Hes sayin Hello yall
"Im enjoying the new sheets, don't bug me."
Lastly, hes chillin on the afghan blanket my mom made me for xmas

Any unique things about your pets? Olivar is particularly smart, but he likes the simple life. Chasin rats, eating crunchy cat food, sleeping, and annoying my gf because he's jealous. He can also say "Mom, Out, and No" XD

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Hmm, well Poppy will eat anything. She loves to steal laundry. And likes to break into the bathroom when you're in there. We have a sliding door, so she can barge in. But she was at my sister's once and someone was in there and it was a regular door so she couldn't get in. She started whining.

Oh! If she sees a foot she'll lay by you and wait for you to rub her, lol.

Old_School
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Old_School »

My choice of pet is a bit less cuddly...

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

My house is a strict no pet zone, with the exception of this little guy.

Not so much a pet as a cute pest that I need to get around to getting rid of. Messy, nasty, filthy, and destructive critters.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by whitedragon_nall »

Hahahahaha, That pic of the mouse is hilarious! The little guy looks so shocked. Are you trying to lure him out with a cheese curl or something? I seriously can't stop laughing at it. :lol:

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

ImageImage
ImageImage

Patches is 10, Maverick will be 3 in June, Vala is 6 months, and I don't know how old Stella is, i think she's about a year. The chipmunk isn't really a pet, but he comes around a lot, and i feed him everyother day, theirs atleast 2 others around that i know of that i feed too, but that one is my favorite.

You better not hurt that cute little mouse Phyco

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Actually, the orange thing in the picture is just a toy. However, the mouse kept coming out and sniffing it. Thats how I was able to get the picture, I stuck the camera onto the floor, took the picture, and hoped the camera focused right. It did. :)

Kaiya-Sky - Sorry, but the mouse has to go one way or the other. They seriously are very dangerous to keep around, especially if you have kids around as well. Plus, I'm tired of cleaning it's crap from the couches and from the top of my computer desk. Not only that, but the thing keeps eating food.

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

phyco126 wrote:Kaiya-Sky - Sorry, but the mouse has to go one way or the other. They seriously are very dangerous to keep around, especially if you have kids around as well. Plus, I'm tired of cleaning it's crap from the couches and from the top of my computer desk. Not only that, but the thing keeps eating food.
Well if you feed it cheese everyonce in awhile it wouldent have to go looking for food, and if you gave it a name, like Hector or something, maybe it will be nicer to you.
Well if you must get rid of it, maybe try catching it and transporting it somewhere else? I jsut hate it when the poor little guys have to be killed just for trying to find a warm place to stay and some food

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

The plan is to try to use live-capture traps. Failing that though, well....

Oh, and it's already got a name - a friend named it 'Captain Nommington McEarflaps'

Still doesn't stop the crap issue though, like I said, dangerous for kids.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

phyco126 wrote:The plan is to try to use live-capture traps. Failing that though, well....

Oh, and it's already got a name - a friend named it 'Captain Nommington McEarflaps'

Still doesn't stop the crap issue though, like I said, dangerous for kids.
Lol, awesome name. I gotta say he's cute. I can see why you want him gone even if he is cute. I hope you can do it without hurting them.

Arlia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Arlia »

Mice are pests. They might be cute, but you don't know where they've been, and they only do harm to any household. (Unless it's a pet.) They could carry germs toxic to humans, and it could be in their stools that are on your desk, too. Not to mention what it might carry into your food or kitchen.

Put some peanut butter on a mouse trap and get rid of it. Mousetraps are actually very humane; there are sticky pads for them to get caught on, and they get so anxious and desperate to get out that they chew themselves to pieces. It's cruel to make them wait until you find them. Traps are very quick, and they don't see it coming.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Arlia, thank you. Glad you understand. I love the little guy, I really do, I call him my little neighbor. However, mice are VERY destructive and disease ridden. They aren't pets in the wild.

That said, I'm not one to kill animals or insects unless absolutely needed. I'm fairly passive actually. Humane traps are good, but if I catch it live, where am I gonna take it? It'll likely get eaten or freeze to death out in the fields.

So, while I won't lay the traps or take care of it, I have friends that will once they come over.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Yeah, I know wild animals like that are dangerous and junk, just sad.

Hirox
Student of Vane

Post by Hirox »

This is Alex, he is alot bigger now, but the only photo I could find on my work computer.

And this is Hiro! She is way bigger now (probably 3 feet longer) This was taken the day we got her.

Also have 3 Mice, and 1 rat, named Mia, Rainy, Lucy, and Leliana.

Old_School
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Old_School »

Nice ball python. I was starting to fear that I was the only one who liked snakes around here.

Hirox
Student of Vane

Post by Hirox »

Yea I have a pie-balled ordered so hopefully he/she will come in soon!