Your top 5 video games

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Dragonship Destiny
Iluk Crackpot
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Your top 5 video games

Post by Dragonship Destiny »

There was not one, and I was just wondering what other people's favourite games were. We'll just make it a Top 5 with descriptions.

1. Lunar Eternal Blue Complete

Great game. Lucious graphics, embraced storyline, and wonderful characters to journey with.

2. Lunar Silver Story Complete

Another great game full of laughs, intense battles, and epic adventure.

3. Zelda Ocarina of Time

A long journey set out by a young boy. Harsh dungouns, and flourished graphics.

4. Final Fantasy VII

Wonderful storyline.

5. Final Fantasy XI

No comment.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

1) Lunar EB (both Sega CD/Playstation versions)
2) Lunar TSS (both versions, if I included individual games, Lunar would be the whole list)
3) Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
4) Chrono Trigger
5) Dragon Force

Honorable Mentions: Ninja Gaiden II, Skies of Arcadia, Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy 3 (VIj), Final Fantasy X and Suikoden I, II and III.
-G1

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Lemme see...my top five and descriptions.

1. Lunar 2 EBC (It's what got me hooked on rpgs, great characters, wonderous cutscenes, and an awesome story line.)
2. Kingdom Hearts Series (I love KH to death. Enough said.)
3. Final Fantasy IX (My favorite FF and first one I played.)
4. Final Fantasy VII (The first FF I owned. )
5. Castlevania Series (Luv Castlevania. =3)

Special mention (No particular order): Lunar SSSC/TSS, Final Fantasy X, Tales of Symphonia, Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Trigger

Edit (2/27/07): My favorites have changed DRAMATICALLY. And since someone revived the topic I thought I'd edit my list.
Last edited by Dark_Fairy on Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

This is tough. Very tough. Even picking five... hmm. Okay.

1. Skies of Arcadia Yes, this one is... I can't replay it too many times, but... this one's just good feelings the whole way through for me.
2. Earthbound I haven't replayed this in a while. A long while. But I still have fond memories of this. Hehe, HP and PP. Fuzzy pickles.
3. Lunar SSSC (Interchangeable with EBC, honestly) ... I'm replaying it now, and it's such a short game, but at the same time... I don't tire of it.
4. Grandia II I've only played through this once, but I loved it even then.
5. Sonic 3 & Knuckles I have to have something of Sonic. I could beat this half asleep. Get all the chaos emeralds by Hydrocity and all the super emeralds in Mushroom Hill. If I beat the game with less than 60 lives, I'm seriously falling short. XD

Other mentions - Lunar 2: EBC, Chrono Trigger/Cross, Harvest Moon: Back to Nature, Zelda: OoT, Alundra, Growlanser II, Curse of Monkey Island, Pirates!, Exile III: Ruined World, and TIE Fighter.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

In no particular order:

River City Riot
Zelda: OoT
Metroid
Wizardry 4
Lunar: TSS and Lunar EB
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Oh this won't be a problem to list...

1) Lunar: Eternal Blue
Epic and brilliant. Kept me on edge the entire way through, got me to really care about the characters, and even got me all emotional in a few scenes throughout. Truly the best game ever made...

2) Lunar: The Silver Star
Classic and brilliant. I didn't feel as strong a connection with the characters as I did in Lunar: 2, but every other aspect was just great. Oh and the music...

3) Tales of Phantasia
The PSX version is better in many regards, but both the Super Famicom and PSX games are just so much fun. The storyline, like EB, is epic and spans ages, and the characters, you really begin to care about. The only minor down side is that the villian wasn't as interesting as he could have been, but I can overlook that given the immensity of ToP. Oh yeah, and did I mention the battle system is the most fun in any RPG?

4) Tokimeki Memorial
The most successful non-hentai dating sim (and hence, the most successful decent dating sim). All the other incarnations of it are quite fun, too--in particular, Tokimeki Memorial: Girls Side was a fun play-through.

5) Dance Dance Revolution
I'm not gonna start splitting it up into all its different versions, but, eh, DDR is revolutionary.

6) Civilization 3
Ok yeah, I know it's just five, but it occurred to me just how much time I spend playing Civ3. I must've spent a total of 200-300 hours playing through this game. Recently I kicked it up a notch to Regent mode and have had a great time using my strategy and wits to beat the computer opponents, instead of just swarming over them like usual.

There're a million runners-up, though: Vay, Popful Mail, Snatcher, Lunar Magic School, Panzer Dragoon, Dragon Force, Nights, and last but not least, Super Mario World. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

YoungDyne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by YoungDyne »

Lunar TSS: The first game with any real story I ever played, it's been at the top of my list for over a decade. Really says a lot about the game, you know?

A lot of the FF series, but mostly FFVIII: I love any old school FF game, but VIII just speaks so much louder. I liked the draw system, the junctioning, the story was really good, not to mention Squall is, apart from Locke, the best FF hero ever.

MMORPG: I'm a huge sucker for anything online, and for RPGs. Put them together, and what do you get? My virtual love child. Now people just need to make a TRUE FF online title (FFXI is nice, but they need to put more recent FF originality and trademark, and less of this castle knight and dragon stuff)

Disgaea Hour of Darkness: Tactical RPGs are another favorite of mine, so it comes as no surprise when I mention this rare beauty. A good storyline, good laughs, awesome gameplay...when a simple formula like this is pulled of perfectly, it makes for a great game.

[dot] Hack: Well, I've made it clear that I love a good MMORPG. So what's the next game? An online game that isn't actually online. They do a damn good job of making it feel like one, though. I can't wait for the 2 newest in the series to come out, one of which will actually be a MMORPG.

I'm going to update this when I can think of better games ^^

I'll keep with this "horable mention" thing: Lunar: EBC, Vay, I'm also a sucker for any great mech game (Armored Core, Gundam), Vandal Hearts, Kingdom Hearts, I think it was called Shining Force (I'm not sure which one...that one with the phoenix, I think his name was Peter, somebody uses him as an avatar over at RPGFan).

Spirit Icana
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Spirit Icana »

Golden Sun
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Master Quest
Super Mario Bros. 3
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Fire Emblem 7

I've never played a Lunar game before so I don't know how those are; I'm excited about Lunar: Dragon Song though.

meru
Reza Thief

Post by meru »

1.Legend of the Dragoon
I loved this game. It had a great storyline.

2.Lunar 2
Everything was good about it!

3.Final Fantasy VII
Very tense. Which is what I like about it.

4.Chrono Trigger
My first video game. One of the few ones I've finished...

5.Lunar Legend
This game kind of made up for not having SSS. It was pretty good, but a little too short.
I wanted healing, attention, and love to gain. But you gave me hatred, abuse and pain.
-Meru

Post by Guest »

1: Lunar Eternal Blue Complete

2: Lunar Silver Star Story

3: Arc The Lad Collection

4: Lunar Legend

5: Golden Sun 1&2

6: Lunar:Dragon Song

Well here's a question why do people always say that Lunar SSSC is better than Lunar EBC but,say that they they identified with the characters in Lunar 2 better.

Spirit Icana
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Spirit Icana »

Divine Dragon wrote:6: Lunar:Dragon Song

Can I borrow your time machine?

Post by Guest »

Can I borrow your time machine?

Yes you can right after I find out the lotto numbers :lol:

LuciaOne
Goddess

Post by LuciaOne »

Lunar: Eternal Blue (Sega CD)
Lunar: The Silver Star (Sega CD)
Suikoden II (Playstation 1)
Dragon Force (Sega Saturn)
Star Ocean 2 (Playstation 1)
Dance Dance Revolution - derp!
I found my old siggie! MUAH HAHAHAHAHA!!!
~~~
Sir Kizyr: ::high-pitched voice:: Ohh lookit me, I'm a cute li'l elf!
MiaAusa: Oh wait! NO I GET IT.
MiaAusa: It's him finally fessing up the the fact that HE IS a cut li'l elf. :d
MiaAusa: Hey, chance" NO I GET IT" to "NOW I GET IT"
MiaAusa: change**
MiaAusa: I'm mad with grammar today
MiaAusa: bad**

I'm mad with grammar too.
~~~
Sir Kizyr: Here's a lovely song about my favorite food
Sir Kizyr: Lima, lento, soy, and pinto ~ Navy, northern, and garbanzo! ~ Kidneys and frijoles negros
Sir Kizyr: I love beans, I love beans, woo woo woo! ~ How 'bout you? ~ High in fiber ~ Low in fat ~ Hey, I betcha didn't know that
Sir Kizyr: When I eat beans, I sit in my little cloud, I don't know why ~ maybe 'cause I'm cuttin' muffins ~~ Because....
Sir Kizyr: I love beans! Hey hey hey! ~ I love beans everyday! ~ Beans are an excellent source of protein ~ I love beans!
Sir Kizyr: Diggydoo!
~~~

segaboy7
Red Dragon Priest

Post by segaboy7 »

1. Lunar 2 Eternal Blue (sega cd)
This is the best game ever, and better then the remake, this one just seems to envoke more emotiong then the remake does.

2. Lunar The Silver Star (sega cd)
First Rpg I ever played, and what every other rpg I play is compared it, if it doesn't meet Lunar TSS standereds its no good.

3. Final Fantasy 7
in my opinion the last good Final Fantasy game, and the best one at that.

4. Ghouls 'N Ghosts
The best side scrolling games ever made and one of the most challenging games as well, this game kicks ass

5. Lunar 2 Eternal Blue Complete
What can I say, I really really love Lunar 2

these are my top 5 games ever, kinda wish you would have asked for top ten but meh this will do

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

1) Final Fantasy VII

2) Earthbound

3) Final Fantasy VIII
-Yeah, beleive it or not, I am a big fan of FF VIII. I think it was HIGHLY underrated.

4) Lunar: SSSC

5) Xenosaga: Episode I - Der Wille zur Macht

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

First off Im a SEGA nut. I've always enjoyed games that had beautiful enviroments. Ones where somtimes you can just sit and watch without playing.

1. Shenmue 2. Easily the most depth in a game I've ever seen. It feels so real to me. It's as simple as being able to open your hotel window at night and watch people walk the streets below you. The music is amazing to me as well.

2. Secret of Monkey Island (Sega Cd) If you've never played this game then your sooo missing out. Sonic# can testify, the story is just as emotional and just as heart renching as Lunar with such deep chr's. :lol:

3. Shining the Holy Ark Amazing graphics at the time and awesome music from Sakuraba.

4. Lunar TSS Rented it for the weekend and beat it before school on Monday morning. I remember staring at the map wondering what Vane was going to look like.

5. Ecco The Dolphin (Dreamcast) The best enviroments I've ever seen. So much detail in the oceans and when you go deep it really feels cold and dark. Great game.

HM: Curse Monkey Island, Lunar EB, Sonic 3D blast (Saturn), Shenmue 1, Streets of Rage II, Sonic CD, Albert Oddysey, Golvelius (SMS), Rainbow Six, Sonic 2, Tekken Tag Tourny.

Vane Premier
Reza Thief

Post by Vane Premier »

-Final Fantasy IV:
I'm a huge Final Fantasy nerd so I'll pick this one since it's the only one that I still replay. Not exactly the most original story but still one of my favorites
-Sonic CD:
I think this is my favorite Sonic because of the music. It was the same 2D Sonic but it seemed so much different.
-Snatcher:
Finally got to play this last fall and it was just amazing. Truly a gem.
-Lunar Eternal Blue Complete:
I liked the second one better than the first because some of the characters like Jean and Lemina better than some of the characters from the first one.
-Super Metroid:
This is still my favorite Metroid even though the 3D ones are decent but this just had the right formula of exploring and combat.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Spirit Icana wrote:I've never played a Lunar game before so I don't know how those are; I'm excited about Lunar: Dragon Song though.

Just wondering, why are you here then? Dragon Song is pretty much only big news to people who already knew the series.

DivineDragon wrote:Well here's a question why do people always say that Lunar SSSC is better than Lunar EBC but,say that they they identified with the characters in Lunar 2 better.

I'm not sure I've heard anyone say that. Plenty have said that they like TSS better even if they like EB's characters better, but TSS is not the same as SSSC. Though I personally preferred Lunar 1's cast to Lunar 2's.

Erroneous
Legendary Hero

Post by Erroneous »

Damn there being a limit of 5 games, *sigh*... Anyways no specific order, just my top 5 nontheless.

• The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (PC)
  • Duke Nukem 3D (PC)
  • Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun (PC)
  • Ultimate Doom (PC)
  • Return to Castle Wolfenstien (PC)

Hmmmm..... I might as well just said top 5 PC games
---
LunarNET Discord: https://discord.gg/yzXgsSa

Blue_Sycro
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Blue_Sycro »

The whole Lunar series

The Legend of Zelda OoT (N64)

Final Fantasy Tactics (PS1)

Super Mario World (SNES)

And a tie between Super Mario 64 and Sonic 3 (N64 and Sega Genesis)

Most people think these picks sorta suck, but they really did something for me that I can't really describe. So ya there ya go.