My jaw is broken

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Alex_Pwns_Hiro
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

My jaw is broken

Post by Alex_Pwns_Hiro »

So, my jaw is broken. Some 25 year old guy decided to hit me for no reason at all. I'm 17. My mouth is wired shut. I can't eat any real food, only protein drinks. It sucks. I'm about 3 and a half weeks in and have 3 more weeks to go. I have already lost 20 pounds. To make it worse, my girlfriend broke up with me. Probably because I can't open my mouth. I can talk, but it sounds weird and I don't like it. I would trade this for a broken arm or leg, or both, in a second. Never break your jaw people, it is the worst thing to break.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Re: My jaw is broken

Post by Werefrog »

Are you going to file assault charges?

Alex_Pwns_Hiro
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Alex_Pwns_Hiro »

Werefrog wrote:Are you going to file assault charges?
Yes. Right when I hit the ground, my friend that was there, who is 20, beat the guy up pretty bad for hitting me. So that made me feel a little better, but I still plan to file assault charges. Anyone know what will happen to this guy for hitting a minor?

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

Yeah, breaking your jaw can be pretty bad but it could be worse, trust me.

You'll be back and better in about three or so months.

chiiruchan
Red Dragon Priest

Post by chiiruchan »

Aww! That is really mean of that guy!! O_O; I hope you recover soon!

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Hey, sorry to hear about that! Have the police been involved as of yet? The longer it takes to get the ball rolling, the harder it will be to prosecute. Worst case scenerio, he'll be found guilt of assault and battery, maybe one other minor charge. I doubt he'll serve any major time though.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

chiiruchan
Red Dragon Priest

Post by chiiruchan »

Yep. phyco126 is correct! You should do something ASAP if you are going to. I waited too long when someone assulted me and they didn't have any evidence.

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

Well that sucks. I hope your recovery goes speedily! Where on earth were you where people just punch people significantly younger than them anyway? A rough concert or some such?

Alex_Pwns_Hiro
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Alex_Pwns_Hiro »

Vyse of Arcadia wrote:Well that sucks. I hope your recovery goes speedily! Where on earth were you where people just punch people significantly younger than them anyway? A rough concert or some such?
I was just at my friends house outside. It was some drunk guy just walking by. I don't even know him. Pretty messed up. Only 2 more weeks of this hell, so not too much longer. I can't wait to eat some real food. I'm gonna press changes tomorrow.

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

That sucks man, you have my best wishes that you'll feel better soon. :( I've never broken a bone in my body, so I'm lucky, although my cousin broke his arm once... o.o

File charges, even if they don't do anything to him (IE: basically probation or a slap on the wrist jail time or a fine) it will always be on his record. If the police care at all, can't they charge him with public drunkenness?

And forgive me for being out of line, but your girlfriend is a @%##. You don't leave people because they get hurt or disfigured, that's #$^##^ed up.

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

I know its a little late for advice. But don't wait to file charges when you can talk normally. You should press charges and seek damages by hiring a lawyer you could easily get medical expenses covered and get some sort of compensation. Don't feel hesitant because this douche has wronged you, not the other way around. Your friend beating him up complicates it a bit though. Especially if you told him to beat the guy up.

Alex_Pwns_Hiro
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Alex_Pwns_Hiro »

Yeah I wanted to wait until I could talk a little better, but I guess I should just do it now. I really don't want my friend to get in trouble, though. I didn't tell him to do anything, he just did it right when he saw the guy hit me. You guys think my friend that beat the guy up could get into any trouble?
Oh, and about the girlfriend....I know. She says its not because of my jaw problem, but I think it is. Messed up but whatever.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

You don't need to talk to press charges. You can write just fine too ;)

Were the police called when this happened?

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Alex_Pwns_Hiro
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Alex_Pwns_Hiro »

Yes they were. See, after the guy got beat up, he called some of his friends. It was pretty much a brawl, and the cops got called. They said I was fine, though. I kept telling them I think he broke my jaw, because it hurt so bad, and they said no no its not broken because you wouldnt be able to talk if it was broken. Well guess what, It was broken. Idiots. I told them I got hit and that I was a minor. Then they called my mom and she picked me up. Anyways, all, the guys ran when the cops got there and none of them got caught... but I know the guys first and last name and where he lives.

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

What are the odds of some random drunk just punching someone out? That really does suck.
Alex_Pwns_Hiro wrote:Oh, and about the girlfriend....I know. She says its not because of my jaw problem, but I think it is. Messed up but whatever.
I'd describe it as "cold" or "selfish." Anything else you could have done to instigate the breakup or did it come out of the blue?

brightshield
Red Dragon Priest

Post by brightshield »

That was actually one of the most messed up stories that I've heard in a while. The guy must have clipped you just right to do that kind of damage. At work, I've been hit in the head by a shield, slashed in the stomach by a sword(it was dulled down though), and stepped on by a horse but I never got hurt that bad. I hope you feel better soon.

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

Late to the thread, but that was so bad!!!
I also hope you get better and that you come back and post good news about the assault charge! =)

My mom got bitten by a dog once and we filed an assault charge against the owner, and everything went nicely in favor of my mom! So best wishes to you too =D

And of course sucks about your girlfiend, if it was her jaw, would she be ok with you dumping her then? wow. If she really meant to say that it wasn't because of your problem, she should have at least waited for your recovery!! Karma is gonna have some fun.