World Cup contest?

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: World Cup contest?

Post by GhaleonOne »

Jenner wrote:Okay, serious rage at the South Africa game... -Fatal Hopper- Uruguay so hard. The Goalie went for the ball, not the kicker, it's the goalie's job to -Fatal Hopper- stop balls. If he hit the kicker at all, it was barely, looks more like the kicker tripped over him as he went for the ball.

Absolute -Dung Beetle-.
The moment he felt contact he went down. I hate that. He was probably offsides too. Similar issue today... The retarded Nigerian kicked out at that Greek bloke, and the Greek guy went down like he had been shot when replays show he was barely even touched. It's still a red, but come on.

Oh, and congrats Kiz. That was a magical display by the Argies. Dunno what that defender was doing, but I imagine he didn't hear his fellow center back yelling at him to get rid of it cause of those damn horns. He was stripped clean though.

And Sonix, good luck tomorrow. Lots of people over here are way too confident. You guys are a quality side.

Thankfully teams are figuring the ball out. 10 goals today is not a bad haul at all.
-G1

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Yeah, Maradona is really surprising me and turning out to know a thing or two about coaching. And Messi, damn does he deliver, and Higuain was sheer awesome.

That one goal conceded though was simply embarrassing, I won't lie. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Higuain deserves more credit than he gets. He's surrounded by superstars for Madrid & Argentina, yet gets little credit when he delivers more consistently than anyone.
-G1

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

I cannot believe what I just got through watching. Absolute rubbish playing on the England side of the field. I cannot fathom just what on Earth they are thinking, especially Rooney who's under performed this entire time.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

The refs are complete shite today. Just sayin'. 9 yellows and a red? Klose did NOT deserve a red. At all. And I'm not even much of a Germany fan.
-G1

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

Well from the sound of things, that ref that made that horrendous call against the US has seen his last game in this world cup.

Sonix
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sonix »

Well, he didn't give Dempsey a card :P

Anyway, Cameroon - Denmark was awesome! Never expected that game to be so enjoyable to watch.
"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, neither team seems to have much of a defense, which made it entertaining. Tomorrow Brazil vs Ivory Coast. I'm hoping for a great game from that!
-G1

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

No WAY was that a red card on Kaka. What a joke. I used to like Cote d'Ivoire, but some of their players were a bloody disgrace. The guy barely got hit in the chest, while running into Kaka, then goes down clutching his face. It's a disgrace, pure and simple. But whatever, 3-1 Brazil, into the next round. They would have rested Kaka anyways. Portugal is so bad these days that they could field their second string and probably still win. I could see North Korea pull an upset tomorrow.
-G1

Sonix
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sonix »

Talk about pulling an upset :P
7-0, damn.
"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

A lot of people are talking about how great Chille played, but I'm just gonna say; how about Switzerland pulling an all out defense with 10 against Chille making it only 1-0? Not to mention that almost equalizer in the last few moments of normal time. I know it's like they say, almost only counts in hand grenades and horseshoes, but in my opinion the Swiss played a really good game of football if nothing else. Just needed to put that out there.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

The South American teams in general seem to be doing well. I didn't see the Chile game, but I have seen a bit of Uruguay and Paraguays first two matches, and they look quite good. Good enough to knock out a few of the big usual contenders. Who knows, maybe we'll finally have a new champion at the end that's not from the same Brazil/Argentina/France/Italy/Germany that have won it the past 40 years. Uruguay won it twice back in the day. Maybe they're about to become a powerhouse again.
-G1

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

Clearly though, the real winner here is the vuvuzela.

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Ardent Fox wrote:Clearly though, the real winner here is the vuvuzela.
That sound... it never stops. Adult Swim has been buzzing it all over everything.
I can't stop hearing it. It haunts my every waking moment.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Oh... that's what that sound on [adult swim] was.

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

I'm soaring on the air of elation right now. England moves ahead after those dreadful two draws. Maybe they can start picking up the pace now.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Ardent Fox wrote:I'm soaring on the air of elation right now. England moves ahead after those dreadful two draws. Maybe they can start picking up the pace now.
That's exactly the result I was hoping for from that division. England going through... I was pessimistic about it, but of course the surprise there was overshadowed by the US goal. Woo for both of them!
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

That might have been the greatest moment in US soccer history honestly. First time we've topped our group since 1930, and the latest ever goal scored. And we get Ghana again, with a chance for redemption from our 2006 3-0 loss to them. I am glad an African team made it out of the group stages though. I don't see Ivory Coast being able to at this point.
-G1

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Most people I know don't have a clue how lucky USA is today. Not only did they win but they avoided the other bracket that would have them play Germany and then the winner of Mexico and Argentina.

If they beat Ghana they get the winner of Uruguay and Korea which is a huge opportunity. If they get past one of those 2 then they would be in the final 4 against Brazil or The Netherlands.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Goooooooo USA!! :P
I'm so excited that they made it through! <3
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3