Yay three-day weekend!

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Alunissage
Goddess
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Yay three-day weekend!

Post by Alunissage »

Actually, four days for me since I took Friday off. This thread is really only an excuse to mention that I passed by, though not through, this place yesterday or the day before:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jenner,_California

Other highlights of my trip include being stopped by a herd of cows crossing the road in front of us and... well, that was it, really. Walked through Muir Woods thinking of schemes to filter out all loud children from national parks, saw one or more whales which spouse managed to photograph, and had a couple of nice and very expensive meals. Then back home last night because we couldn't stand to spend another night away from the kitties even if it had been possible to find a place to stay on this weekend, which it wasn't.

chiiruchan
Red Dragon Priest

Re: Yay three-day weekend!

Post by chiiruchan »

Jenner, California!? Heh heh.

I wonder if there is such a thing as a cow crossing sign.

:3 What kind of whales were they?

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

chiiruchan wrote:
I wonder if there is such a thing as a cow crossing sign.
There is. I've seen them in Wisconsin.

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

I know a road around here that should have a cow crossing sign. Damn cows.

Bleh. I spent most of the weekend doing yardwork, and one day at Dragon*Con. My mom decided to get her house refinanced and reappraised, so several weekends have been devoted to making the drive there and getting it in shape.

Solana
Student of Vane

Post by Solana »

Sounds like a great weekend! Glad you got some time off.
Alunissage wrote: Walked through Muir Woods thinking of schemes to filter out all loud children from national parks, saw one or more whales which spouse managed to photograph, and had a couple of nice and very expensive meals.
Care to share any of those pictures of the whales? :wink: I'm also curious to know what kind those are, the adorably sweet cuties.

I've never been stopped by a herd of cows on the road, but we live near some farms and one morning the cows got out. We woke up to see a few of them standing in our front yard, sniffing the lilac bushes and checking out the neighborhood for a change of scenery. My mom didn't believe it at first when my dad told her.
This is either madness, or brilliance- Will Turner
It's remarkable how often those traits coincide- Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Actual dialogue from a couple of days ago:
Spouse: I wonder why there are so many dairies around here.
Me: Because here's where the cows are.

I'll get some pics of the whales up once spouse puts them in a form that's smaller than my hard drive. :P He has a massive camera and it takes massive pictures. I'm ashamed to say that I forgot to read the sign talking about the whales though and can't tell you what kind they are without further research.

While I haven't seen a cow crossing sign, I do remember signs to the effect of "Caution: invisible cows ahead" on Mauna Kea, Hawai'i. I forget whether I actually saw an invisible cow, though.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

lol, I like that sign about invisible cows.

My 3 day weekend was really two: Friday and Saturday. It was nice though, had a great BBQ at my place Monday around noon. Finished up and ate just in time to relax for about 40 minutes before work. Work on holidays and Sundays is basically paid vacation, sure you don't get to watch TV or play games, but you can catch up on reading, relax, and have a nice cup of warm tea/hot chocolate.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I was at Dragon*con the entire weekend, except for when I had to work on Friday, and when I left midday Monday. Loads of fun! My favorite part was probably putting on my friend's corset and dancing around like a fool in the late night drum circle. Also, the Futurama panel. And the parade (I was Potassium!).
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

^How was the Futurama panel? I almost went to it, but instead went to an EFF panel (I think it was deep packet inspection? Nothing I didn't already know, disappointing) with a couple of friends.