Images from All The Lunar fandisc? (also: SFX?)

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Jaydeis
Saith Pirate
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Images from All The Lunar fandisc? (also: SFX?)

Post by Jaydeis »

Hey. Long-time Lunatic here, but I've only just found a reason to register.

So, regarding the All The Lunar: Hyper Application fan disc. Specifically, the DAIFUGO card game (seen here, in case anyone doesn't have LunarNET's contents memorized backwards and forwards).

Does anyone happen to have a collection of the image files used in that game? From what I can tell, they may or may not have been extracted and found on some fansite or another that has since gone under -- there's at least one website using one of the images as a graphic, but I've asked the owner about it, and he seems to have lost track of the exact source.

I would sincerely appreciate it if anyone could help me with this! I mean... failing that, there's the option of buying the disc myself, but when it's already ¥6,090 (or about $78) not counting shipping... it seems like a frighteningly large amount to buy just to get my hands on those images. (Though... yeah, I'm considering it regardless of price...)

A side question in a similar vein, small enough that it probably doesn't warrant its own thread: Does anyone happen to know how I can get some of the sound effects from the PSX games? Specifically, I would like to get my hands on the EBC menu select sound, so that I may upload it to my new iPhone and use it as my Text Tone.

Thanks in advance! ... or if no one can offer any help, thanks anyway?

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: Images from All The Lunar fandisc? (also: SFX?)

Post by Alunissage »

That's actually remarkably cheap for All The Lunar. I mean, its original price was 5900, quite a few years ago now. I paid more than $78 for mine, a good seven years ago, so I can't see its current price being a compelling argument for providing its content, given that it clearly IS available to you and within your means. Other people here might feel differently, of course.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I don't mind trying to extract the images. I haven't been able to get any of the products to work on my computer to begin with, though, so the CD just kind of sits in a glass case mocking me. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Jaydeis
Saith Pirate

Post by Jaydeis »

Alunissage wrote:That's actually remarkably cheap for All The Lunar. I mean, its original price was 5900, quite a few years ago now. I paid more than $78 for mine, a good seven years ago, so I can't see its current price being a compelling argument for providing its content, given that it clearly IS available to you and within your means. Other people here might feel differently, of course.
'Within my means' may be stretching it. I've only been employed for a few months, and thus am only now recovering from college-induced poverty. It's possible for me to buy it, but it would be incredibly stupid budgeting. So while I'm considering it... it would be months, if not years before I could part with that much money for such an obscure collector's item and not immediately regret it.

("Ah," you must be thinking. "And now we understand why she chose Lemina, of all characters, for her avatar.")

But that's all right. It was a request, not a demand, and I can understand why you'd decline. No hard feelings.
Kizyr wrote:I don't mind trying to extract the images. I haven't been able to get any of the products to work on my computer to begin with, though, so the CD just kind of sits in a glass case mocking me. KF
Aaah, thank you! You're a saint! May I preemptively offer something in return as thanks? I'm a bit out of practice with drawing, but I'd be willing to dust them off and make some fanart. (Or, as an odd alternative, I'm experienced with composing synth music, and would be more than willing to try my hand at an arrangement/remix of the piece of your choice...?)

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

I've been thinking for a while now that some of the assets from the fandisk would be handy... Like the higher resolution text box art from L2EB.

You know...for projects. ^_^
「まあいいけど。」

Jaydeis
Saith Pirate

Post by Jaydeis »

Shiva Indis wrote:I've been thinking for a while now that some of the assets from the fandisk would be handy... Like the higher resolution text box art from L2EB.

You know...for projects. ^_^
I think much of those have already been extracted and shared on this page and that page? Or are there still some assets that have not been extracted, besides the character portraits in the card game?

Because I do have my own reasons for wanting to get my hands on as much raw Lunar art as possible...

... ... ...

... what? Don't look at me like that! I swear, roleplaying icon fodder isn't the only reason. I do other graphics editing, too. It's just that this is the only Lunar-related graphic work I'm doing right now, okay?

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

Jaydeis wrote: Because I do have my own reasons
Holy Lemina on a mega magic carpet! Scrolling that page gave me a weird unique pleasant feel :)
I would love to help. If only I had the disc.

Jaydeis
Saith Pirate

Post by Jaydeis »

jay_are wrote:
Jaydeis wrote: Because I do have my own reasons
Holy Lemina on a mega magic carpet! Scrolling that page gave me a weird unique pleasant feel :)
I would love to help. If only I had the disc.
Why, thank you! Considering how much hunting/editing/coloring I've had to do to amass that collection of Lemina icons, I'm quite proud of it.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Ok... the disk actually works (somewhat) in Windows 7. The problem I'm having right now, though, is that most of the characters come up as ASCII gibberish instead of Japanese text, so I can't tell what's going on. I know that on older systems you had to go and completely change the system to Japanese Windows or something, but there's supposed to be an easier way to do this in Win7. Any suggestions? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Jaydeis
Saith Pirate

Post by Jaydeis »

You mean like ƒ‹ƒiEƒGƒ^[ƒiƒ‹ƒuƒ‹[ instead of ルナ・エターナルブルー? Not sure... if it were a webpage, you could just change character encoding to Shift_JIS and it would display properly. (And as a CS major, I'm embarrassed at how long it took me to learn how to do that.) But as for changing the character encoding of a program...

Um... hang on, I'm going to Google for some answers. If I find some and no one's replied, I'll just edit them into this post.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Oh I just found the method. Apparently it's called mojibake (文字化け) which folks who started using PCs to look at Japanese text after 2002 would probably be totally unfamiliar with (back in the days before everything was Unicoded).

You can change the locale settings under
Control Panel > Regional and Language > Administrative tab > Change system locale...
and change it to Japanese to render non-unicode text as Japanese by default (which solves this problem).

It's late so I haven't tried actually installing anything just yet. I'll check this out a little later when I have time (which may be a week or so from now, but hopefully sooner). KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Jaydeis
Saith Pirate

Post by Jaydeis »

Mm, that's the only answer I've found, too. Still seems like kind of a pain, considering you have to switch it and restart again if you want to run another non-unicode program with a different encoding... but at least it works!

Thank you again. Take as much time as you need! I'm eager to get my hands on the images, but hey, just knowing someone's trying to extract them at all feels like a Christmas present.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Jaydeis wrote:Or are there still some assets that have not been extracted, besides the character portraits in the card game?
The character portraits are exactly what I was refering to.
「まあいいけど。」

Jaydeis
Saith Pirate

Post by Jaydeis »

Not to be pushy, but has any headway been made on this?

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Oh, the game works on my computer. I just haven't had any time in the last couple of weeks to do anything, sorry. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Jaydeis
Saith Pirate

Post by Jaydeis »

No problem! The holidays were crazy, I completely understand. Just wanted to make sure this hadn't been forgotten!

Jaydeis
Saith Pirate

Post by Jaydeis »

Again, I don't want to be pushy or annoying about this, but... have you still been too busy for this? If so, I completely understand, no worries.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Yes, 80 hour weeks of work and school plus wedding planning. I'm sorry. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Jaydeis
Saith Pirate

Post by Jaydeis »

Yowch. No apologies necessary. Good luck with the wedding!

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

Dang Kizyr how do you find time to post at all w/ that workload? Hope you and Jenner are enjoying your wedding planning!