A Lunar-Net exclusive about Lunar iOS

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

A Lunar-Net exclusive about Lunar iOS

Post by Aaron »

I have just learned that the following will be included in the upcoming version of Lunar for iOS:

1) It will be compatable with both the iPhone and iPad
2) All the cutscenes will be present
3) There will be Game Center integration meaning trophies and awards!

I hope there will be a trophy that looks like the monster Mia likes.

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: A Lunar-Net exclusive about Lunar iOS

Post by jay_are »

Wait. This game is still coming out?? How did you learn of this??
I hope it's not on that old thread about the game on toucharcade I think...

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Awesome! How did you come by this information?
「まあいいけど。」

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

Yes this game is still coming out. When I don't know. But the way I got this information is I emailed them a litany of questions. All but 3 of my questions were ignored. This is the information they were willing to part with.

But this fuels some speculation.

Which cast did they choose for the voice overs?

What kind of achievements and trophies will they have? *Crosses fingers* Talk to every NPC. Lol, seriously there is so much unique dialogue at different points of the game its worth it to throw that achievement in.

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

Well that is awesome news!!!!! I had almost given up hope!! Shame on me....

AlexofBurg
Lostest Boy

Post by AlexofBurg »

I will probably buy an iPhone just for this game.

EternalDragonX
Nanza Bandit

Post by EternalDragonX »

AlexofBurg wrote:I will probably buy an iPhone just for this game.
Not even Lunar could convince me to buy an Icrap. Android or no sale for me.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

EternalDragonX wrote:
I'm in the same boat.

...and this is coming from the person who bought a PSP solely for Lunar SSH, a GBA solely for Lunar Legend, and didn't get a DS until Lunar Genesis was announced. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Post by DragonmasterDan »

Interesting news!

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I might get an Ipod touch in the future because my poor Ipod classic is in pretty rough shape. If it's compatible with an Ipod touch, then I'll probably get Lunar iOS. Otherwise I won't be getting it because I have no need for an Iphone. I'll just need another Mp3 player soon. Plus, Iphones are way more expensive since you'll also be paying for the phone services.

I'm good with my crappy pre-paid tracfone phone. It does what it needs to (texting and calling) and it's cheap since I rarely use it. :lol:

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

Well... i'm sure that most people who dont want to get a new system just for this game is either because:
A: It's almost an exact port of the PS1 version. When the GBA, PSP and DS Lunars were completely new remake or game(DS).
B: Getting a new system for this is more expensive than getting a PSP.

I still WILL buy a system mainly for this game! I already have other games I want to get too.
If anything, this game will make up for the lack of Lunar SSS on the PC that there is.

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

Get an iPad, you won't regret it.

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

The request for approval of this game from Somoga to Apple was probably in Steve Jobs' email or something.
He forgot it and now we will never get this game approved. :cry:

WhiteKnightLeo
Red Dragon Priest

Post by WhiteKnightLeo »

Too soon man.....too soon! lol

EternalDragonX
Nanza Bandit

Post by EternalDragonX »

Kizyr wrote:
EternalDragonX wrote:
I'm in the same boat.

...and this is coming from the person who bought a PSP solely for Lunar SSH, a GBA solely for Lunar Legend, and didn't get a DS until Lunar Genesis was announced. KF
HAHAHA I did the exact same thing. PSP, GBA and no DS. Lunar DS was not a Lunar in my book. Also got a vita and dl'ed the digital copy of Lunar. It looks a bit better on the Vita's screen being brighter and a higher resolution, also the bilinear filtering helps too along with shorter load times to boot. Now if the IOS version was a new one or a remake....then were talkin theres a chance. but I'm not spending a few hundred bucks just to play the ps1 version of lunar. And on that note let me say this.

Aaron your on crack an android tablet is leaps and bound better than the ipad. So much more you can do with the operating system in terms of apps and capabilities. Also having an micro sd card input lets me uprgade my space another 64 gb.

:whispers to lunar fans who already own android devices: DOWNLOAD FPSE ON THE GOOGLE PLAY FOR A FEW BUCKS AND PLAY YOUR RIPPED COPIES OF LUNAR 1 AND 2 ON PS1 RIGHT NOW. (legally as long as you own the game you can rip it creating an ISO with a program called magic disc and have fun on the go)
Enjoy and your welcome. I'm playing them both on my 10 inch Asus quad core tegra 3 tablet. BTW I'm starting to like Lunar EBC better than the first.....yikes , yeah I just said that.
Last edited by EternalDragonX on Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

EternalDragonX wrote::whispers to lunar fans who already own android devices: DOWNLOAD FPSE ON THE GOOGLE PLAY FOR A FEW BUCKS AND PLAY YOUR RIPPED COPIES OF LUNAR 1 AND 2 ON PS1 RIGHT NOW. (legally as long as you own the game you can find an ISO of the games and have fun on the go)
Not this again. No, owning the originals does not make it legal to download the ISO. You can rip your OWN copy of your OWN software YOURSELF, which is not the same as downloading a copy someone else made.

EternalDragonX
Nanza Bandit

Post by EternalDragonX »

Alunissage wrote:
EternalDragonX wrote::whispers to lunar fans who already own android devices: DOWNLOAD FPSE ON THE GOOGLE PLAY FOR A FEW BUCKS AND PLAY YOUR RIPPED COPIES OF LUNAR 1 AND 2 ON PS1 RIGHT NOW. (legally as long as you own the game you can find an ISO of the games and have fun on the go)
Not this again. No, owning the originals does not make it legal to download the ISO. You can rip your OWN copy of your OWN software YOURSELF, which is not the same as downloading a copy someone else made.
You do realize that there is is no way shape or form a possible way of comparing the two right? an iso rip of lunar, is an iso rip of lunar regardless with no difference except language. In my case I have a program called magic disc that rips iso's very, very easily. It takes about 5 mins and there ya go. So why wait or pay a few hundred bucks just to play the same game we all know and love. When you can just do it now and be happy. Maybe some people didn't know this was possible and I just saved them some money. Or you can just act as you just did which is, well not how I would have. I'll edit my comment above to clearify.
Last edited by EternalDragonX on Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

^ That last sentence was very disrespectful, EternalDragonX.

You do realize that Alunissage was talking about the illegality of downloading an ISO, and you responded with a post asking how other people could tell? In other words, you responded with a message that doesn't at all refute her observation. Crimes don't stop being crimes when people can't tell that you did it.

To respond to it literally, there are ways to tell the difference between a downloaded ISO and a personally ripped one - download history with an ISP, for instance, or metadata. Whether or not you try to justify it, it's still legally a crime, and thus something this website cannot encourage.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

EternalDragonX
Nanza Bandit

Post by EternalDragonX »

That's fair to say and I agree and editied my comment, I did not mean to offend anyone. Well we all know now how do play the ps1 LUNAR games. Legally on our android tablet or phone with the use of magic disc and your own copy of the games. Save yourself the money. I'm playing through EBC again right now, I havn't played it since its first release years ago so its pretty cool for me.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

EternalDragonX wrote:That's fair to say and I agree and editied my comment, I did not mean to offend anyone.
Really now. I do not believe for one second that this
EternalDragonX wrote:(there ya go winebag)
wasn't meant to be offensive, as well as your entire previous post directed at me. If you're that poor at gauging what is and is not offensive, refrain from posting until you learn better. Start by assuming that if I post something about legality I do so for a reason, although correcting a blatant error or falsehood is reason enough.