Final Fantasy Favorite

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Final Fantasy Favorite

Post by Guest »

What is your favorite Final Fantasy game ?

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Final Fantasy VI (3 in the US).

Runner up is X.

In fact, in order of what I've played:

FFVI
FFX
FFIX
FFVII
FFIV
FFVIII
FFX-2
FF Mystic Quest
FF
Last edited by GhaleonOne on Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Mystic Quest.

:P

It's the only one I've finished, though I got pretty close to the end of FF1 before stopping earlier this year. The one I'm looking forward to playing the most is 8, though, but it'll be several years as I intend to go through them in order.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Whoops, forgot Mystic Quest. Wasn't fond of it though. :P
-G1

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I don't know. I suppose it'd be FF4, for the childhood memories and the overworld music and... everything else. I've never finished an FF though... for I get bogged down a lot.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Audric
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Audric »

I like FFXi but if it was a offline game id have to say FFVII

segaboy7
Red Dragon Priest

Post by segaboy7 »

to be honest all the FF's are pretty good till 7, after 7 it seems to go down hill and its obivious that square started to care more about how the games looked then how they played. FF7 is my fave thou

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

FF VII

then

FF VIII,
FF VI
FF X

Post by Guest »

Final Fantasy Adventure...heh, it was hardly a FF, but was fun.

DragonMaster Sam
Nanza Bandit

Post by DragonMaster Sam »

Always will be Final Fantasy IV for me.

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

FFVII was my favorite... Currently playing crystal chornicles. (I think that was a waste of money.)

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

FFVII. It was my first FF and the first one I beat. I'll just make a top 5 list.

1. FFVII
2. FFX
3. FFVIII
4. FFVI
5. FFT

The rest of the FFs I haven't gotten far enough in to even decide if it's one my favorites. (Except for FF1 where I almost have it beat)

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Where's the love for Final Fantasy Tactics?

meru
Reza Thief

Post by meru »

FFVII is my favorite all the way! :o
I wanted healing, attention, and love to gain. But you gave me hatred, abuse and pain.
-Meru

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

FF VII's my fav, but I'm really getting into the Dawn of Souls remake for GBA... and yeah Tactics is pretty addictive.

Felth
Burg Farmer

Post by Felth »

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance is my favorite, with Final Fantasy 6 coming in a close second place (although I do recognize that it's a higher quality game than Tactics Advance).

SSSFan
Red Dragon Priest
Location: in front of my computer, above my keyboard, at the lunarnet forum, in my house etc. etc.

Post by SSSFan »

certainly FFVII. Also FFV isn't bad.

lunarRPG88
Meribian Merchant

Post by lunarRPG88 »

ilovemyguitar wrote:Where's the love for Final Fantasy Tactics?
right here and final fantasy I & II drawn of souls

DaWrestla
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DaWrestla »

1. Final Fantasy VII 10.0/10.0 Superb

2. Final Fantasy VI 9.9/10.0 Excellent

Final Fantasy X 9.9/10.0 Excellent

4. Final Fantasy VIII 9.5/10.0 Excellent

5. Final Fantasy IV 8.0/10.0 Great

6. Final Fantasy V 7.5/10.0 Good

7. Final Fantasy II 6.5/10.0 Fair

8. Final Fantasy I 6.0/10.0 Fair

9. Final Fantasy IX 1.0/10.0 Bad

- FFVII is the greatest. Gameplay was great, story was great, FMVs were great. FFX and FFVI are so damn close. Note that FFVI was released for the Super Nintendo while FFX was released for the PS2. Yeah, FFVI is THAT good. FFVIII is also a masterpiece. These four Final Fantasies are la creme de la creme.

- FFIV has a marvelous story, and is overall pretty hard towards the end. While the battle system and jobs of FFV are more innovative and very, very cool, FFIV gets the nod over it because the story to FFIV is better, overall. These two Final Fantasies should also be considered must plays, however.

- I didn't quite enjoy FFII like I did with FFI, but I must say that I was impressed with how much more detail the story to FFII was compared to FFI, which is why FFII gets the nod over FFI. A true Final Fantasy fan will play and enjoy these games. (Note: I played both of these on the PlayStation on "Easy" mode, simply because I hate leveling up, and "Hard" mode would require a lot of that.)

-FFIX is absolute garbage. It was a piss poor attempt to go back to the roots of the more fantasy oriented titles of the series (FFI - FFV). SquareSoft must have been riding the high from the success that was the last four Final Fantasies, but boy did they mess this one up real bad. Only a die-hard Final Fantasy fan like myself should play this game, and I had to force myself to complete it.

-I do not consider FFX-2 and FFXI to be canon Final Fantasy. I consider them to be cheap attempts at making money, and as such, will never play them. I look forward to Final Fantasy XII next year, though I'm a little apprehensive about it, and I can only hope that Square Enix will finally get its act together and bring FFIII over to the States.
Vaporized before my eyes

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

It's a close tie between FFX and FFX-2. XD I'll just count them both as one, seeing how they're the same story. My second favorite is FFVIII, and all of you are going to think I'm evil when I say I have never played FFVII... :oops: I really want to though.

Do I have to play FFVII to understand Advent Children? Because I really want to see that too, but I'll probably have to play VII first.
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3