What Are You Currently Playing?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: What Are You Currently Playing?

Post by LuNaRtIc »

NiGHTS into Dreams! <3 A great game to play just before retiring for the night. :D
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

brit
White Dragon Knight

Post by brit »

Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII and Hometown Story

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08
SWITCH | SW-1497-7723-9594

** please let me know if you add me **

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

brit wrote:Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII and Hometown Story
Two games i want to try, how are they?

TempestOne

Post by TempestOne »

I'd love to freak out to Zelda as much as the next person but it's been about, like, only ten years since the time I had played A Link to the Past + Ocarina of Time and already there are a random assortment of games scattered among different Nintendo-based platforms, hehe. Plus a book.

NiGHTS into Dreams... I loved NiGHTS into Dreams...! I would play it all the time at Target. Hehe! It'd be so cool, I thought it was so cool because you can finally freak dance in 3D. I remember that was a big deal and Sega Saturn was, like, whoa because of it. I think I felt it was too special for me but for some reason I have that game + system (albeit broken) on me right now. It was cool because of the main character.

Oh, my gosh - I can't believe they have three games within the Fabula Nova Crystallis mini-saga or whatever it's called. I've yet to finish or even start, um, Final Fantasy XIII-2 but, I'm kind of on a retro or backlog run. I've never heard of Hometown Story but I love it's name/title!

I've been tweaking features on my T.V. and I found a "game mode" where it specially caters to your videogame console with faster loading times and/or whatnot. It's pretty cool... stuff. I have to just finish off Arc the Lad II, like, I'm on the last ten pages of the strategy guide and I feel it's a refreshing game. I like all the characters and they aren't annoying or obnoxious-sounding to me... yet. 8-)

brit
White Dragon Knight

Post by brit »

Kaiya-Sky wrote:
brit wrote:Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII and Hometown Story
Two games i want to try, how are they?
Pretty good. Though I'm little disappointed that Lightning Returns is pretty much a quest based game. :/
You have more interactions with the NPC's then the main cast from the previous games. The fighting system is a lot of fun; the outfits not so much. .__.

Also if you get Hometown Story beware the glitch! After a few hours of playing make sure you save (as much as you can) horizontal lines will appear on the game screen and then your character freezes. D; But other than that the game-play is quite fun and easy to get the hang of.

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08
SWITCH | SW-1497-7723-9594

** please let me know if you add me **

TempestOne

Post by TempestOne »

Oh, my God - that's so funny! I love, kind of love those types of games when it's, like, the random third part of the series. After the sequel, it's all, oh here's a random game to "tie everything together" or "tie up loose ends." Hehe. I feel some gamers find it to be sort of gaiden-ish but I like it despite some players thinking it's just trying to reel in more money for a title - or whatever. For some reason, I find it to be utterly hilarious and would gladly get it to add it to part of the collection.

I just looked up Hometown Story and judging from the first picture I saw, it's one of those games I like 'cause it's just funny! 8-)

(I'm tiptoeing around the end of Arc the Lad II because I just feel like it. Usually this is where I plow through and just finish or forget about the game [weirdly] but... taking my time and stuff. I've been playing with the settings on my T.V. and it's been set on standard or factory sealed... and it was all "stretched out" but I thought it made the font bigger and the characters easier to see... I set it to 4:3, though and did things like make it "warm" & it's so nice to look at. I like the font even more, even better.)

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past GBA version. Never did finish this game.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Just finished Ghost Trick, having started it yesterday evening. Fun.

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

LuNaRtIc wrote:NiGHTS into Dreams! <3 A great game to play just before retiring for the night. :D
Great call! That game was so good that it caused me to make the mistake of buying NiGHTS: Journey Of Dreams for $50. So disappointed in that game.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Playing a weekly multiplayer game of CK2 with some friends. We started in the 860s. Now it's past 920 - I've unified West Francia into the empire of Francia, taking north and east Spain from the Moors and nibbling at the remnants of Lotharinga. Other players are unifying Egypt, cutting a swath through Eastern Europe as Carpathia, taking over the area known now as Russia, fighting a very hard battle to survive in England, and one player being very pissed that I took part of Spain because he's in northern Spain. (Sorry!)

Besides that, lots of board games, since it's the Christmas season. My favorite game to introduce people to is Forbidden Island, since it is a light and fun cooperative game. My favorite to play is Innovation, since it has some strategic grit while being sufficiently unpredictable to reward my quick-witted play style.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

TempestOne

Post by TempestOne »

I'm squeezing every littlest bit out of Arc the Lad Collection specifically Arc the Lad II because that game screams one to just want to spend an eternity on it and I'm giving it what it wants. It almost wants to annoy you into resetting over and over just so you can have a quote, unquote "perfect" game - and I'm totally giving into it. If it takes me years to finish the entire trilogy, so be it, because I'm not going to kill myself over it borderline wanting to put a cheesegrater to the system. I got through a holidays without buying a new game and I feel proud working on all the games I currently have before splurging... young people these days have always been rude to me and my peers, anyways.

I have so much more fun going online and trying to first of all find old school, retro-ish games and then haggling for them. There's so many cool games I missed out on and I'm using this time I have here for me and what I want to spend my money on. I think it'll make me a better gamer too down the road. I think it's a weird time in the videogame market right now where all the awkwards randomly got a job in the industry, hehe. 8-)

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I'm still on Grandia, just got to Disc 2.

I really started warming up to the story about halfway through Disc 1 (er, approximately halfway--at one point I started levelling up like mad). I'm not too big on the voice acting for Sue still, Justin's is tolerable, and Feena's I definitely like. I just encountered Rapp also, and... I can't comment because I can barely understand what he's saying most of the time.

But yeah, one thing I appreciate the most is that they still haven't thrust you into a "the whole world rests on your shoulders" situation. It's still about having an adventure for the sake of adventure, exploring the far reaches of the earth just because you haven't been there, and making sure the main love interest doesn't materialize until close to the end 'cause otherwise the story jumps the shark. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

Just started Animal crossing new leaf on my new 3DS

TempestOne

Post by TempestOne »

I love sneaking away on major holidays and doing what I want... doing what I don't want to do.

Grandia's so good, at least the version I played. I loved it from the beginning because when I think of RPGs that's what I want - saccharine sweet adventure get in my belly and eff my mind up. I've always thought the hue to the adventure was really thought-provoking.

Mm, I love Animal Crossing though I haven't played it. There's something about adventure games from the mid-year of any generation that really enraptures my attention because it's, like, trying to get over a hump and you're at the very tippy top of the rollercoaster ride. Meaning, like, games from 1992-1999 and videogames from, like 2002-2009 or whatever. I'm feeling crazy today. :!:

Also, I think I've been giving the videogame, Arc the Lad II, a hard time because I'm just at a cusp part of the game that seems like it'd be the border of the end-game or the point of no return and I'm psyching myself out in some weird way to pump myself up. I just did the Diekbeck-related storyline that was really cool and I'm about to grimace through Choko's side-story or whatever - she's so frickin' weird. I actually like Arc the Lad Collection for it stays true to the original as best as possible... it's actually not even that long of a videogame now that I think about it... it's probably my fault because I feel like I'm abusing it playing around so much but nothing's really bothering aside from my own personal inflection in going past the eighty-hour mark. I just wanted to be pessimistic or slightly Scrooge-y all in the Christmas spirit. I like this game a lot, it's just taking a lot of time away from my other bab-, er, games.

Zero
Student of Vane

Post by Zero »

I got the Metal Gear Legacy Collection for Christmas. I already own physical copies of all the Metal Gear games, but I never did get Substance or Subsistence, so having those are nice, especially in HD. I'm also pleased to see that those rare digital graphic novels are on here. I have the original MGS for PSX but one thing I was looking forward to doing when I opened this was playing through the game on my Vita. Unfortunately, the digital version of MGS can only be played on your PS3. Hopefully they make it playable for the Vita soon, as I would thoroughly enjoy that. So I started with Metal Gear Solid 2, since it is my least-played numbered game in the franchise. I played it twice way back when it originally came out and haven't touched it since, so it's cool rediscovering things in it that I had forgotten about.

Not sure which one I'll go to after this. I've played Snake Eater probably a dozen times and it hasn't been long since I did my second playthrough of Peace Walker on PSP. Heh, who am I kidding, I'll play 3 again next.
I'll take a potato chip... and EAT IT!

TempestOne

Post by TempestOne »

^ That's a good collection. I'm looking forward to playing the graphic novels, too. They're random!

I'm on Arc the Lad III. I just beat Arc the Lad II the other night. So cool and awe-inspiring. I love when a company veers off of their beloved franchise and tackles a different series. I loved everything about it. Upon completion, I didn't even care about how long I thought the game was, at least I didn't trickle off into the one hundreds when it came to the clock - that would've been a travesty. I like shorter games. Long-ass games, I mean, anyone can type really fast, too. Hehe. I felt like I schooled the boss, it was cake. 8-)

I love Arc the Lad III so much more than Arc the Lad II already. I hated when videogames or RPGs in general try to be creepy. I almost feel like that's the worst-looking genre of all time - horror/crime-show anything. I got involved in it because the characters were far better off than the world they lived in. Anyway, I like the graphics a lot and the lighthearted feel. I don't think as if the shadows are trying to suffocate me or my eyes becoming as dim with the backdrop.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

I had a hankering for Zelda out of nowhere the other day. So I plan on replaying Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess. Especially looking forward to MM and TP. They are my favorites of the series. :)
Last edited by LuNaRtIc on Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Heh, I made the mistake of starting up Minish Cap last night -- a mistake because I'd forgotten how hard it is to stop playing. I have a few issues with it but overall it's one of my favorites.

I need to (re)play Twilight Princess myself. My husband did most of the playing of it on the Wii, largely because I have some controller issues with the Wii version, but we also got the Gamecube version and I'll play that. As a bonus, Link will be correct-handed, which is to say left-handed in it.

And someday I should get back to my game of Majora's Mask that I started in 2002. Maybe I'll have an easier time with the motion sickness now. Though at this point I probably should just start over. Lunartic, what will you be playing it from? I tried playing it on the collection disc way back when but had to stop because it froze twice sometime in the first hour or so when you can't save yet, and I just lost patience with doing that beginning over and over.

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

I was playing Majora's Mask two weeks ago, i took a break once i reached the snow level, i don't know why but i have bad memories of it. I've been thinking of playing it again really soon. It's one of my favorite Zelda games.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Alunissage wrote:Lunartic, what will you be playing it from? I tried playing it on the collection disc way back when but had to stop because it froze twice sometime in the first hour or so when you can't save yet, and I just lost patience with doing that beginning over and over.
I have both the N64 copy and the collector's disc, but I'll be playing it on the disc out of convenience. I've never experienced a problem with it freezing though. :( I know there is a disclaimer at the beginning of the game that some people may experience "sound irregularity" due to data loading or something. I wonder if that has anything to do with your game freezing?

When I first played Twilight Princess, I was at my cousin's house and played his Wii copy of the game. I thought Link's right-handedness a little awkward too! lol And I wasn't used to the Wii controls just yet, so when I bought my copy I purchased the Gamecube version. (That will be the one I replay too.) I still get confused from time to time when playing the GC copy! It's interesting how much the layout of a game sticks with you the first time you play it. I only played the Wii version once (I think I reached up to the Oocoo dungeon) and that was years ago... and the original GC layout, the one I've played the most, still throws me off. I imagine playing the Master Quest option for Ocarina of Time 3D must be just as boggling! lol I don't have any of the newer hand held Zelda games. I'll have to add them to my list along with Minish Cap!
Kaiya-Sky wrote:I was playing Majora's Mask two weeks ago, i took a break once i reached the snow level, i don't know why but i have bad memories of it. I've been thinking of playing it again really soon. It's one of my favorite Zelda games.
Is it just me, or are the dungeons and temples in Majora's Mask more complicated than in other games? Snowhead Temple wasn't insanely difficult, but the criss-crossing floor levels could be frustrating at times. I will say that the dungeon boss, Goht, was probably my favorite battle though. So much fun! :)
Last edited by LuNaRtIc on Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」