All the Lunar character portraits

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Enclave
Iluk Crackpot
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

All the Lunar character portraits

Post by Enclave »

I found a blog post on Tumblr that pointed out that the card game in All the Lunar has high-res versions of the character portraits seen in EBC and what appear to be EBC-style portraits for the SSSC characters. From what I can tell, it's only limited to the ladies and doesn't have dark Luna, red robe Lucia and karate Jean, but there appears to be a decent amount of images for each character.

I'd be interested to see if these images could ever be ripped. They'd be great for things like avatars. Based on how most of the files are already stored, I'm willing to bet they're just .bmps buried in an obscure folder. Of course, the hard part is finding All the Lunar in the first place and, for the lucky people that have it, finding enough time to go through various folders and hope you can find the portraits.

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: All the Lunar character portraits

Post by Alunissage »

I'll see if I've already done that. Kizyr and I both have All the Lunar. Might not get to it for a while though.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

I've been wanting those too, but the good stuff is probably within the program for the daifugo game. I don't own it myself so I can't verify this, but it seems that as far as the All the Lunar art assets are concerned, the low-hanging fruit has already been plucked. If nothing else, we could isolate the daifugo character art from lossless screenshots if there were any available.

The Lunar 1 character art appears to be sourced from animation stills. I recognize several images from the remake opening and Luna's introduction.
「まあいいけど。」

Enclave
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Enclave »

Shiva Indis wrote:I've been wanting those too, but the good stuff is probably within the program for the daifugo game. I don't own it myself so I can't verify this, but it seems that as far as the All the Lunar art assets are concerned, the low-hanging fruit has already been plucked. If nothing else, we could isolate the daifugo character art from lossless screenshots if there were any available.

The Lunar 1 character art appears to be sourced from animation stills. I recognize several images from the remake opening and Luna's introduction.
Ah, that makes sense. It explains why the characters look slightly off compared to their mugshots in SSSC. Regardless, I think the real meat of it is high-res EBC character portraits. The SSSC portraits are just bonuses.

You can easily get lossless images with FRAPS. The problem would be getting the portraits without the card graphics on the bottom of each portrait. Looks like you can remove enough of the cards to get the full portraits, but getting the poses you would might be a pain.