A single Lunar Coin.

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Drathial
Reza Thief
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

A single Lunar Coin.

Post by Drathial »

For sale on ebay is a single Lunar 2 coin.
Looks legitimate, and saddly to say I can't afford.
Good luck if anyone wants it.
Link.

It's kind of sad, really, the little spots of tarnish. Don't you wish fresh life would breath into this game again?

-D

P.s. Apologizing for sloppy post for I am on mobile.

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: A single Lunar Coin.

Post by Alunissage »

Heh. I have the coinbag those came with but not any of the coins. Pretty sure I'm not willing to pay that amount for one myself. Thanks for linking it, though!

Arlia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Arlia »

I've auctioned off several within the last few weeks. You just happened upon the one that was in the worst condition, and it's close to my last one available. They all sold for $50 or more, although I feel sorry for this one and might "adopt" it.
Someone wanted over $100 for one of them some time ago, but I think they changed their mind, because it never sold.

Try not to be too hard on me over the price- someone recently listed a Nall for $1,000 again... $50 for a very rare collectible kind of pales in comparison.

Drathial
Reza Thief

Post by Drathial »

No problem! Glad to share.

---

On my sentiments about the item:
I dont mean sad as in" it's not worth the money." IMHO, it's worth it.
I say that because sometimes I feel as if I mourn the series in some way. Maybe it's the dreamy everlasting universe with the game contrasted to the reality of the lack of attention the game has.

"In your dreams... Magical thoughts— all things are real, unless you dream they're not."
But what if no one dreams for the game anymore? As if to say, all this energy and love we have is going to just pass away with each of us passing? All this merchandise and care put into a trash bin.

Fanatical? Probably. But just a thought I had when seeing the coin. Don't take me so seriously, I'm far too detached from reality to be a bother.
-D

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Arlia wrote:I've auctioned off several within the last few weeks. You just happened upon the one that was in the worst condition, and it's close to my last one available. They all sold for $50 or more, although I feel sorry for this one and might "adopt" it.
Someone wanted over $100 for one of them some time ago, but I think they changed their mind, because it never sold.

Try not to be too hard on me over the price- someone recently listed a Nall for $1,000 again... $50 for a very rare collectible kind of pales in comparison.
Feel free to bring it up here if it's Lunar-related and you think it might be an item we're interested in. I'm not much of a collector for Lunar ephemera, but others are, and I just love looking at the associated images and descriptions.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

Is this official merchandise? Or did some fan make this?

I was hoping to see something that mentioned Silver. But all it mentions is Magic Guild Gold coin? What is that? I'm interesting in buying it if I knew what type of metal it is cased in. I want to buy it if I know I can clean it.

Arlia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Arlia »

They're not silver, they have more of a gold finish. Which admittedly, goes against the game's currency of simply "silver".

http://www.lunar-net.com/merchandise/coin.php

You'll have to take it to someone who can tell you what it's made of, but like the auction says, cleaning is very bad for coins. Google or this link can tell you why:
http://www.numismaster.com/ta/inside_nu ... lean-coins

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

So how much are any of you willing to pay for pristine new Lunar key chains that were never opened and remain sealed in their packaging?