Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
HikariOmoi
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Post by HikariOmoi »

I'm absolutely loving the customizable clothing! I've been making a lot of LUNAR posters and dresses.

The posters are converted from the SEGA images, but I made the dresses myself by looking at the character references. Thought some of you might be interested! :D

A pixel artist friend made me Luna's dress on PC while I made Mia's, converted it, and I loaded it in. After gaining some confidence through making Jessica's, I decided to tackle Luna's myself and this is a comparison. The one my character is wearing is the one I made.

Lucia's dress is hung up in the corner, but I don't have a screen shot of it front on atm.

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Post by Alunissage »

I can't see the images (might be a setting on my computer, which had to be hastily secured for work-from-home), but it's cool that you did that! I did several dresses in New Leaf (Luna, Mia, Jessica, Althena, and Alex's mom), and imported them to New Horizons via QR code scanner, but they don't look right in NH because the shape of the dresses and the treatment of the pixels is different. So I'll have to redo them.

My town tune is the first few notes of the village/town theme in TSS (my island is named Lann), and I also worked out the beginning of the Meribia town theme in SSSC and a bit from the middle of the TSS Meribia theme. And most of the Ocarina songs from Zelda and maybe another game or two? I'm pretty sure a couple of Chrono Trigger themes would fit but I haven't put them in. Let me know if you'd like to see any of these and I can attach photos.

HikariOmoi
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by HikariOmoi »

Ohh, gotcha. I'm not sure if twitter will work better, but if so: https://twitter.com/magiccityofvane/sta ... 48897?s=20

I'd love to see your songs and outfits!! That's so cool! :D I haven't gotten to the point of being able to change my town theme, but having a Lunar theme would be so satisfying. I named my island Caldor.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Wow, those look great! Thanks for sharing! I'll have to take some pics of my New Leaf outfits, since they look totally wrong on the New Horizons model. I've entirely missed how to do custom posters in NH, though...?

I'm also seriously envious of your vintage sewing machine in that pic. I have the box, and also a sewing project item and an ironing board.

Hm, the SSSC Vane music would be something like G C D D - C E.

Was going to write more, but boss just texted me, so will have to get back to this later.

HikariOmoi
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by HikariOmoi »

Awww thank you!!!

I was using https://acpatterns.com/ to create QR codes for the posters in the background. I found some gifs from TSS, and it was pretty easy to upload them, clean them up a bit, and download via QR code. I thought I saved the QR codes, but it turns out I just downloaded them and closed out, otherwise I'd offer to share. ^^; I'll save the next ones!

Once you have the image you want, just stand next to the wall, choose to display the custom design and choose 'canvas'.

Ohhh awesome! I can't wait to try the Vane music out. :D

If you're open to becoming AC friends, I could gift you the sewing machine! It should be in my catalogue now that I've purchased it once. My friend code is the pinned message on my twitter account, or we could go by Dodo Code. ^^

Super excited to see your Lunar goods!

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Sure, thanks! I'll send a friend request tonight. I think it will come from user "Rombus". And if you want the sewing project I can give you that too.

Other Lunar music:

TSS village (the one I use): D F A - x D F A | G - F E - x x x x
TSS Meribia: E C ^C - B A G F | E F G C - C vG C
SSSC Meribia: E - F - G - x C | D E F A G - x x

x = no sound, - = longer (dash). ^C = high C, vG = low G.

HikariOmoi
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by HikariOmoi »

Awesome! Added! :D What's the best way to coordinate a visit? Posting here? I also have Discord, and check twitter a couple times a day. (I don't have the app--I try to limit my consumption of social media).

I'd love the sewing project! Thanks!

Ohhh I can't wait try those songs out.

The hours logged in Stardew and BOTW are impressive, woah. You must have a mega farm. :o

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

My husband is the farmer, though I watched and advised. He stopped playing shortly before AC came out, when he hit some milestone I can't remember now. BOTW is mostly me, though. I was looking for Koroks and found 700+ before caving and using the mask. I still need to finish the DLC, though.

We've been going online around 6 or 7 Meribian, I mean Pacific, and will have our gate open to friends at some point after that. The Able Sisters just opened their shop so I've been encouraging friends to visit. So check for flights for Lann this eve! Not sure when exactly because it depends on when other friends are around.

Erroneous
Legendary Hero

Post by Erroneous »

Holy shet, Brittney? I haven't seen you in 15 years.

The things people create in Animal Crossing's pattern app is truly amazing. Your stuff is top notch!
---
LunarNET Discord: https://discord.gg/yzXgsSa

HikariOmoi
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by HikariOmoi »

Alunissage wrote:My husband is the farmer, though I watched and advised. He stopped playing shortly before AC came out, when he hit some milestone I can't remember now. BOTW is mostly me, though. I was looking for Koroks and found 700+ before caving and using the mask. I still need to finish the DLC, though.

We've been going online around 6 or 7 Meribian, I mean Pacific, and will have our gate open to friends at some point after that. The Able Sisters just opened their shop so I've been encouraging friends to visit. So check for flights for Lann this eve! Not sure when exactly because it depends on when other friends are around.
Wooooah, I would love to see screenshots of your husband's farm if you have any available. :) It sounds so cozy that you played it together and had some input!

I watched my brother play BOTW and did a lot with the horse taming (I was addicted to horse taming!), but don't have the game myself. It's so beautiful and well executed.

The visit last night was fun!! Thank you again for the tour and for the sewing kit.
Erroneous wrote:Holy shet, Brittney? I haven't seen you in 15 years.

The things people create in Animal Crossing's pattern app is truly amazing. Your stuff is top notch!
Oh my gosh, I've been MIA for a long time! LOL Thanks for remembering me! :D

Aww thank you! I've done some revisions on the clothing already as I learn more. It's so addictive.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Oh... I'm not playing Animal Crossing myself (not my thing but I really enjoy watching others play it), this is just perfect. Those outfits are seriously amazing. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Wow, you guys are crazy. I never would of thought to do this stuff!

brit
White Dragon Knight

Post by brit »

I have made a few already, mostly for the ladies. ^^'' I have been sharing them on tumblrand twitter for those that are interested.

I also open my island weekly and have them up for sale at the Able Sister's if anyone wants any that way.

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08
SWITCH | SW-1497-7723-9594

** please let me know if you add me **

HikariOmoi
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by HikariOmoi »

Aww, thanks, Kizyr, MaroonChan! :D

Oh wow!!! Lucia's shorts outfit! Alex's coat! I love them!

It's interesting how we tackled the same outfits in different ways. I never thought of using the robe for Jessica's--it looks great!

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Ooo, that looks awesome!

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I'm going to try to redo Thalia's dress in ACNH, since, uh, probably no one else is going to be doing hers. :) I had the New Leaf version on when HikariOmoi visited my island but the colors are a bit crude and I've gotten better examples since I made it.

I also did a version of the Eternal Blue title screen -- well, okay, just the moon and planet -- for New Leaf which was my town flag, but it looked very weird with NH's smoothing. I'll see if I can get all those to post in Able Sisters' store and take a photo or something. I can't edit the ones I imported, unfortunately, so I have to start over to do them better in NH.

Brit, I really like the outfits you shared on Twitter! I'll probably add you on Switch (user Rombus, and my ACNH character is Jessamine on Lann) sometime soon.

brit
White Dragon Knight

Post by brit »

Thanks!!

I have been spending way too much time playing it and working on outfits. ^^ I still have a few other lunar ones I want to work on mostly for magic school and maybe even dragon song.

I will be sure to add you! :)

Currently my island is a mess. I have been moving buildings and trying to get K.K to come so I can get terraforming and pathways. ^^"

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08
SWITCH | SW-1497-7723-9594

** please let me know if you add me **

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Those are amazing!! :D
-Nobi

S.ninja
Red Dragon Priest

Post by S.ninja »

Don't play but this is very awesome

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

So... how many of y'all are naming your islands Vane?

...or even Ien/Iyen?

For real if I played then I might go the Ien route and try to have MSL-themed decorations, for all the three people who might still catch that reference.
~Kizyr (they|them)