What Are You Currently Playing?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: What Are You Currently Playing?

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Sakura Wars. Again.

I'm sure people who know me will be shocked by this revelation. Shocked I tell you.
-Nobi

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Getting closer to returning my Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate 100% back to 100 % lol

Thanks a lot expansion lol
Lotus Moon Productions
- Podcasts on Independent Music Artists & Wrestling -

https://soundcloud.com/lotusmoonproductions

VidKid369
Red Dragon Priest

Post by VidKid369 »

Hey you guys!!! About three weeks ago I beat Dragon Warrior VII for PlayStation. It was loads of fun and I rolled the Clock into the 100th hour-mark lol. I loved it so much and I still think of that adventure still today.

I started Secret of Mana for Super NES right after, and I just beat it like an hour ago it was my first time through it I think. Now I have no idea what to play next!! :)

Edited: I decided to play Revelations Series Persona next.

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

DW VII brings back a lot of memories! SOM is one of my favorites for SNES! Has been for 20 years (^^) Great choice!

I'm still playing Trials of Mana & Warriors Orochi 4
Lotus Moon Productions

VidKid369
Red Dragon Priest

Post by VidKid369 »

I know I think as of right now Dragon Warrior VII is my favorite RPG ever. It was so long and it was so worth the near 200-hours I poured into it. I had such a fantastic adventure with it. Maribel is one of my favorite characters. As of right now I compare every RPG I play to how much fun I had with Dragon Warrior VII. I can see why Dragon Warrior/Quest is such a popular series now. I loved absolutely everything about it but I absolutely loved the length. I love big, long RPGs.

Secret of Mana is the one game that brings back a ton of forgotten memories from my childhood. I think it was the first time I beat it. It's so nostalgic to me everytime I beat it I think, "What a weird game." I know Secret of Mana is such a good choice. I had to beat it by myself though which was tough since the A.I. is horrible. I spent 50+ hours on it grinding and leveling all the Mana weapons and Magic Elementals up. I think it was a nice story too. I love all Nintendo RPGs especially its library on the Super NES, I can have just those games and I would be set for life.

Oohhh, are those games any good, ShugoHanasaki? Trials of Mana reminds me I still have Legend of Mana to beat on PSX!! :p

If anyone was wondering or cares, I'm currently making my way through the original Persona game on PSX. I just made it out of the Deva Yuga and I think I'm on the good paths and I'm nearly almost done. Thank God because this game is just absolutely horrible. The battle animations take forever to play out and there's a literal loading screen for each and every random encounter battle. The boinks are annoying as sin itself in this RPG and it's so weird and awkward everything about it. ::blech:: Sometimes the game doesn't allow you to run even if you try 10x in a row. Horrible.

On the bright side though I love the story I think playing as high school kids and being in High School is so relatable. ^_^ I love Naoya's character design he seems too cool, for school. I chose to go with Alana as I think she's super, duper funny and super real. I love her voice over it's the only one I can tolerate next to Naoya. The personas magic system is ok, pretty basic though. I like the melee weapons and being able to use guns a lot.

I think the dungeon designs is kinda neato and nifty cool it makes me want to play more dungeon crawlers. It's definitely a hard difficult RPG though something I'm not used to. Demons hit you hard in this game. Save points are sparse too as well. I think it's pretty short though on the plus side. It never feels like it's getting too long in the tooth. Anyways.

I just kinda think having a fantasy RPG set in the modern setting is a little awkward. I like medieval. The game actually makes me feel a little claustrophobic to tell the truth everything seems a little too confined.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Still playing Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

VidKid369
Red Dragon Priest

Post by VidKid369 »

Hey! I just wanted to let you all know that I finally beat Persona for PSX like an hour ago lol. I'm sure I got the Good Ending. This game has been nagging me for the longest time since I was young. I thought the random encounters require a lot of strategy and short-term memorization (absorb, reflect elemental attributes) which I am not used to I just like to click action over and over lol. The dungeons can be quite long and save points are hard to come by. I grinded and overleveled, and the last boss was still annoying.

I thought the game throws out very philosophical terms which was nice to think about but it left me feeling... lost... most of the time. It's a nice introduction to the series/franchise. The magic system/Personas is pretty basic. I like it. If the rest of the sequels, games are like this I'm looking forward to playing them.

I'm just happy to pick another RPG off my backlog and I get to finally start this series off. The characters were ok. The music was great-good/nice lol.

I have no idea which RPG to play next.

Edit: I decided to play Chrono Trigger. (SNES)

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Still working on Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Finding it hard to stop and play something else. XD

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I've created a second character in Animal Crossing but it's slowed me down playing at all because now I feel like I have to play as each of them daily (because some things are duplicated for each playable character, like the bottles) and it becomes a chore.

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Finishing off the last trophy in Diablo 3 collection. Still playing Trials to get the trophies lol
Lotus Moon Productions

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I've been slowly working through Persona 4 Golden. I tried the original over a decade ago, liked it, but stopped before the end. In this playthrough, I'm only a little more patient with the dungeons. I like the story; it's just 10+ levels of pregenerated dungeon wear on me.

I also gave The Warlock of Firetop Mountain a try on the Switch. It's a fun little Choose Your Own Adventure (adapted from a 1980s gamebook) with branching paths and some light tactical combat. The paths and being able to choose heroes with different stats/skills adds some replayability. It was worth the $2 or so I paid for it on sale!
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Still working at Animal Crossing: New Horizons

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Starting Atelier Ryza soon
Lotus Moon Productions

VidKid369
Red Dragon Priest

Post by VidKid369 »

Hey, guys! I just finished Chrono Trigger (SNES) yesterday, so I started Star Ocean The Second Story (PSX) this afternoon, lol.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Lunar SSST and SSH.

JonOU812
Red Dragon Priest

Post by JonOU812 »

I've been mostly swapping between Halo PC, Skyrim and Xenogears.
Check Out My Youtube Channel: YOUTUBE
Follow Me on Twitter: TWITTER
Watch Me Stream: TWITCH

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Finally getting to some games that've long been on my list.

I finished The Last of Us last month. Played through it twice: once naturally (no guides or hints), and a second time getting all the small things I may have missed.

I'm currently playing Horizon: Zero Dawn. I wanted to make sure I budgeted more time for this one since I'm not used to open-world games and I spend a *lot* of time just exploring and building a mental map for myself. I think I've gotten nearly 30 hours in so far and I'm still relatively early in the game -- though I can take down Fire Bellowbacks at a hundred yards without taking a scratch.

After this, I'll either do another run through of H:ZD with a guide, or move on to FF7R.

Not sure what I'll move onto after that... Maybe go back through much older games on my list (like Parasite Eve and the Arc the Lad collection). Though also the last time I played any Lunar game was when the EB Remake came out for the PSP... and the MS:L guide could use a cleanup from getting many of the dungeon directions wrong (east vs west e.g.)...
~Kizyr (they|them)

Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

Kizyr wrote:Not sure what I'll move onto after that... Maybe go back through much older games on my list (like Parasite Eve and the Arc the Lad collection). Though also the last time I played any Lunar game was when the EB Remake came out for the PSP... and the MS:L guide could use a cleanup from getting many of the dungeon directions wrong (east vs west e.g.)...

Don't you mean SSH for PSP? XD

As for me, I've pretty much finished up the routes I wanted for Langrisser I&II l on Steam. Been playing Dragon Knight 4, the Windows XP remake specifically. It's made by ELF corporation who also made YU-NO that I talked about earlier. The Japanese font is very clear so it's a good learning Japanese tool as well as having good art and gameplay. Too early on to comment on the story. Also playing Dragon Master Silk on Saturn, which is silly but fun. No connection to Lunar's Dragonmasters btw.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I just finished a move, so I've had little time to do anything else. I've dabbled in Breath of Fire 2, since I can easily play the Switch version for 15 minutes before bed. I also have carved out a bit of time with Crusader Kings III, which hits the sweet intersection of grand strategy and roleplaying. I did one game where I unified Ireland and kept losing anything else I got due to partition inheritance. Now I'm playing as William the Conqueror and trying to do better.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Shinto-Cetra wrote:
Kizyr wrote:Not sure what I'll move onto after that... Maybe go back through much older games on my list (like Parasite Eve and the Arc the Lad collection). Though also the last time I played any Lunar game was when the EB Remake came out for the PSP... and the MS:L guide could use a cleanup from getting many of the dungeon directions wrong (east vs west e.g.)...

Don't you mean SSH for PSP? XD
I actually mean the EB Remake. It was released for the Playstation Online store so I downloaded it to my PSP (well I suppose technically it's a PSO game not a PSP game). It's Japan only so if I recall right, I needed to set up a Japanese account for it. It's been a while though.

SSH by contrast was... rather forgettable.
~Kizyr (they|them)