Lunar: The Silver Star final goal time reached. Game is now sub 2:40. Future plans of WR holder inside

For discussion of Lunar: The Silver Star, the original game for the Sega CD
RedHairGreenEyes
Pao Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar: The Silver Star final goal time reached. Game is now sub 2:40. Future plans of WR holder inside

Post by RedHairGreenEyes »

Hey all, the journey is finally over. Not only did I get my final goal time of under 2:40, I've finished and uploaded full commentary for anyone interested:

[youtube]https://youtu.be/dTqyiEwZlgU[/youtube]

Now for the game's future -

I plan on running this once a year during the month of lunar new year for a final stretch goal of sub 2:35. I'd love a sub 2:30 but it's almost impossible RTA.

I also have quit making a TAS for the game. It was relentlessly boring AND I couldn't pull off a trick I do in-game normally so I decided to go another way. I now plan on creating a segmented run on-console to get sub 2:30. In theory I'll record and send it to replace the ancient record on SDA.

For ntsc-j it's finally been concluded that the ntsc-u version is faster so if I do improve that record it will be for no good reason.

I plan on getting a solid console run to serve as proof of an easy sub 3 for speedrun event purposes.

I have tech which could take 100% sub 5 but I don't think I'm coming back to that category unless a speedrun event requests it.

Any% no save and quit is what I'm leaving specifically for future runners. You don't have to learn steproute and I left the time at only 2:57 to encourage new runners.

It was a long journey but I did more than I set out to do. I'm taking a big step back from the game now though and hoping the next generation will step up to push it ahead even more.

Thanks to this board for hosting my posts. I'll try to answer any questions people might have, but at any rate. Play lunar, and keep going fast!