Lunar 2...after the events

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the remake of Lunar 2 for Saturn/Playstation and all its translations
Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Lunar 2...after the events

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Angelalex242 wrote:perhaps Hiro's just the first in Lucia's line of boyfriends
What a hussy

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

*smites*

Now now, Marriage vows say 'till death do us part.' It's not her immortal fault her guys keep dying on her for ages on end.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Angelalex242 wrote:*smites*

Now now, Marriage vows say 'till death do us part.' It's not her immortal fault her guys keep dying on her for ages on end.

But when it comes to immortal people, how long do you wait until you move on? If you see an older couple together for 40 years and one of them dies, people disagree quite a lot of the other person moves on within just a year or two.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:
Angelalex242 wrote:*smites*

But when it comes to immortal people, how long do you wait until you move on? If you see an older couple together for 40 years and one of them dies, people disagree quite a lot of the other person moves on within just a year or two.
They can move on whenever they're ready to. It's not like a person needs a consensus vote of approval from society to enter a relationship. (And that applies to both hypothetical immortals and real-life old people whose spouses passed away.)

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

How would you look at someone who moves on after 7 months or so after a very long marriage?

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:How would you look at someone who moves on after 7 months or so after a very long marriage?
I'd look at them the same way I look at any other person: with respect.

People get lonely. They want companionship. What right do I have to say someone isn't allowed to act on those feelings, for whatever reason? Are they supposed to pretend like nobody in the world is worthy of making them happy until some arbitrary period of time is over?

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

And if they feel this loneliness the day after the funeral? People's decisions speak of them and those who observe will make some level of judgment..even if they'd rather not.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

The proper time to wait is 5% of the total length of the relationship before marriage, and 10% of the total length of the relationship after marriage. So, if you've been married for 20 years, and were seeing each other for 5 years before that, then you must wait exactly 2 years and 3 months before you may begin to see someone else.

Certain factors can be taken into consideration to reduce or increase this amount. Children will decrease the amount if they are younger than 12 by a factor of 5% for each year. If they are between 13 and 17, then they will increase the amount by a flat 10%. If the marriage was not particularly good, then the amount can be further decreased; for that, you have to see me, and I will personally determine the quality of your relationship and the amount by which it can be decreased. (This is assuming you live in North America. I have other counterparts in Europe, South America, East Asia, and Australia.)

Frankly, ilmg, I'm surprised you didn't know the system. Don't tell me it was a surprise that all rules of etiquette were personally decided by me? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

:lol:

Either way, consider my previous post in the thread and then look at it as if it were your parents.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Personally, I don't think mortals have the time to wait. Us normal people, we could be gone at any moment. Don't blink, you just might miss a critical event in your life.

As for Lucia, though, she's a goddess, SHE makes the rules about how long it's proper to wait. Really. Who's going to tell her she should wait longer? The only one who MIGHT'VE had the authority to tell Lucia what to do is quite dead (Althena). As such, she's a power unto herself.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

burn321
Lann Fisherman

Post by burn321 »

At the end of the epilogue when Hiro and Lucia are standing on the tower looking over the Blue Star the grass is growing and wind is blowing sonthe Blue Star is already revived within like a decade or two they'd be moving people back or they'd realize that Lunar is a bigger better world for humans and they'll go back. Either way Lucia will never be left alone unless Hiro dies within 20 years after the game ends so you have nothing to worry about
"Lucia, I know you're not feeling very well......but I need to make sure that we're straight about something. Hiro is helping you out 'cause he's a nice guy, but he's ALL mine. Got that?"- Ruby

"What...what do you mean by that? I don't understand." - Lucia

"I mean you shouldn't get too close to Hiro, because you'd be setting yourself up for a fall." - Ruby

"Now I understand. You mean that Hiro tends to trip people who get too close. I will remember to walk several paces behind him in the future." - Lucia

"No, no, no! That's not what I meant! You're too dense to be a threat to me...let's just go!" - Ruby

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

burn321 wrote:At the end of the epilogue when Hiro and Lucia are standing on the tower looking over the Blue Star the grass is growing and wind is blowing sonthe Blue Star is already revived within like a decade or two they'd be moving people back or they'd realize that Lunar is a bigger better world for humans and they'll go back. Either way Lucia will never be left alone unless Hiro dies within 20 years after the game ends so you have nothing to worry about
What?

JonOU812
Red Dragon Priest

Post by JonOU812 »

first off

1. why post in a 7 year old thread
2. also
Check Out My Youtube Channel: YOUTUBE
Follow Me on Twitter: TWITTER
Watch Me Stream: TWITCH

The Boat Song
Saith Pirate

Post by The Boat Song »

Ugh..."Lunar" is the Silver Star (the moon) that Alex, etc live on, no? I don't think it's bigger.

Alibi@Topic: I always assumed Lucia and Hiro were like Adam and Eve to the Blue Star o -o

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Well, the developed/populated region of Lunar is surely larger than that of the Blue Star. Otherwise, I got nothing. It seems entirely possible to me that the people in the story might not know how much of a difference in size there is, though. I don't think astronomy is their strong point.

[Vane library, right side, second shelf from front]
5th book: We have yet to understand why the Blue Star always shows us the same face.
Nall [shocked]: I don’t get it, either…

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

Suppose the next game starts off on Earth and the character dreams of going to Lunar and having adventures there? Back To The Lunar! =P

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Alunissage wrote:Well, the developed/populated region of Lunar is surely larger than that of the Blue Star. Otherwise, I got nothing. It seems entirely possible to me that the people in the story might not know how much of a difference in size there is, though. I don't think astronomy is their strong point.

5th book: We have yet to understand why the Blue Star always shows us the same face.
What's odd is that they get one part right (because Lunar is tidally locked, the Blue Star would be in the same position in the sky from Lunar's perspective -- you can see it from most of Lunar, but it's implied to be hidden from the perspective of the Frontier). But then other parts are not so astronomically possible (like, Lunar's night/day cycle is not 4 weeks, and the bit above about the Blue Star always showing the same side to Lunar). KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

burn321
Lann Fisherman

Post by burn321 »

"Bigger and better" as in humans are happier on Lunar and don't feel the need to move back to the Blue Star
"Lucia, I know you're not feeling very well......but I need to make sure that we're straight about something. Hiro is helping you out 'cause he's a nice guy, but he's ALL mine. Got that?"- Ruby

"What...what do you mean by that? I don't understand." - Lucia

"I mean you shouldn't get too close to Hiro, because you'd be setting yourself up for a fall." - Ruby

"Now I understand. You mean that Hiro tends to trip people who get too close. I will remember to walk several paces behind him in the future." - Lucia

"No, no, no! That's not what I meant! You're too dense to be a threat to me...let's just go!" - Ruby

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Kizyr wrote:
Alunissage wrote:Well, the developed/populated region of Lunar is surely larger than that of the Blue Star. Otherwise, I got nothing. It seems entirely possible to me that the people in the story might not know how much of a difference in size there is, though. I don't think astronomy is their strong point.

What's odd is that they get one part right (because Lunar is tidally locked, the Blue Star would be in the same position in the sky from Lunar's perspective -- you can see it from most of Lunar, but it's implied to be hidden from the perspective of the Frontier). But then other parts are not so astronomically possible (like, Lunar's night/day cycle is not 4 weeks, and the bit above about the Blue Star always showing the same side to Lunar). KF
This is a good example of where aggressively interpreting a game to make it fit real physics leads to funny implications. For instance, could we assume that every night scene in the games takes upwards to two weeks to resolve? So:

They set up a camp and a fire and stay in the same place for two weeks.

It's a very long boat journey alleviated only by a two minute song.

Kyle spent two weeks continuously partying, and even he had to rest it off.

Should we instead assume that the astronomy of the game is accurate but approximates a planet/moon pairing unlike Earth - that (a) the Silver Star has a much briefer orbit around the Blue Star that allows it to approximate days and (b) the Blue Star and the Silver Star have both become tidal locked?

That'd be fun too. But I think they just don't care that much about astronomical verisimilitude.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I'm not astroknowledgeable myself, but wouldn't the day/night thing be from the Silver Star's rotation rather than its orbit around the Blue Star? Unless you're saying that the two are perfectly synced up so that the moon stays right above the same spot of of the planet and doesn't rotate at all on its axis (which I suppose it doesn't normally anyway)? That would lead to rather frequent eclipses, right?

My head hurts. Think I'll let this one go.