Translations of Lunar 2 Novelist's Short Stories

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the remake of Lunar 2 for Saturn/Playstation and all its translations
Angelalex242
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Translations of Lunar 2 Novelist's Short Stories

Post by Angelalex242 »

I just now noticed these. Very interesting. So apparently, there are to be dragons on Lunar and the Blue Star separately. The lack of neighbors is also interesting. About the only people strong enough to get there are Hiro's friends (Leo, Ronfar, Jean, Lemina), and possibly the 4 heroes that are still combat ready (Lunn, perhaps).

I'm a little dissapointed to find out this claims Lucia isn't, in fact, as immortal as I'd hoped she was.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

Wow, I am thankful to you Shiva~ The insight to Leo has inspired me now. XD I'll have to go write some fanfiction soon, ha!

Nonetheless, the story about Lucia... I don't know why but I always imagined her as being strong, but never to have powers of creation. I think the fact that she will loose her magic makes her mortal is strange... I can only conclude that Luna may have given up her immortality, but perhaps when she did so, she gave the magic that held that immortality to either create Lucia or perhaps something else. What if Lucia was once a normal human, merely kept on the Blue Star to keep Althena company? It sounds so crazy, but maybe Lucia was more of a failsafe for Althena/Luna.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Personally, I rather like the concept that she can create Life under her own power, as Althena herself did. Which means one of two things:

Either A:I was right, and she kept Althena's power after claiming it in Lunar 2.
Or B:She's actually just as strong as Althena was all along, just less experienced.

Either is fine by me :)

I am less then happy, however, with the idea that creating enough life can 'burn out her goddesshood' and leave her mortal.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Zhane Masaki
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Zhane Masaki »

Shiva Indis wrote:A smiling Lucia stood next to him. She appeared to be pregnant.
With the way Hiro was hot for her, I think we all saw this one coming a mile away.
Also an expert on the Phantasy Star tetralogy, Ys, Star Ocean, Dirty Pair, and most things Universal Century Gundam

Visit My Backloggery to keep up on my gaming exploits!

Dinolad
NPC

Post by Dinolad »

I really love this. Thank you so much for the translations. You've made my day.