Dragon Aura 1.2* - L2EBC Save Editor (UPDATED AGAIN!)

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the remake of Lunar 2 for Saturn/Playstation and all its translations
captaindax
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Dragon Aura 1.0 - Lunar 2 Eternal Blue Complete Save Editor

Post by captaindax »

I had a feeling it was a Lucia spell based on where it was grouped but that explains why I'd never seen it in game. I'm gonna try to crank out a version 1.1 tonight that allows spell customization and then focus on making all the characters editable which shouldn't be too hard.

I think the list of spells is indeed complete as anything after Burning Soul results in game messages like "Insert Disc 2" being spell names with random icons and costs and anything before "Empty" results in locking the game up on viewing the spell selection window.
I - am that is

captaindax
Red Dragon Priest

Re: Dragon Aura 1.0 - Lunar 2 Eternal Blue Complete Save Editor

Post by captaindax »

Dragon Aura 1.1

http://www.captaindax.net/downloads/DragonAura11.zip

This one allows for full editing of all of Hiro's Stats, Equipment and Spell Slots. This is the big one, as probably the biggest task in this program was identifying and cataloging all the spells. I believe I've found them all (a total of 136!) and included them. There are 20 spell slots and it's possible to place any spell in any of them, and they all work. However if you cast a spell that's not meant for your character expect them to randomly change into the one it matches (for example, Jean's karate spells result in you turning into her) or for Hiro to shout a phrase that doesn't match up.

It's really amazing to see this thing take shape, and to prod about in Lunar's inner workings. For anyone out there who might be interested I've added a few things to this zip to make it more enjoyable. Inside you'll find:

Dragon Aura 1.1
Readme File
My List of Spells and their Values
My List of Items and their Values
My Hex Addresses cheat sheet
My Lunar 2 savestate I use for testing (just outside Zophar's Coliseum, dig out Disc 3!)

This is again designed for what I think is an awesome Playstation 1 emulator, pSX, which you can get here

http://psxemulator.gazaxian.com/

Enjoy! My next step is adding these features to all the characters, which shouldn't be too hard. Expect Dragon Aura 1.2 very soon :mrgreen:
I - am that is

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Re: Dragon Aura 1.1* - L2EBC Save Editor (UPDATED)

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Someone make me a video showing Lucia's Solar Bomb!! I thought Lucia casted more spells in the Sega CD version, and didn't use as many or have as much variation in the remake. I also liked how the spells looked in the Sega CD game. She had some some kind of comet spell that I never saw in the remake. They were like yellow shooting stars, and I don't think it was Plasma Rain.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Oh, and here's another reason why the Sega CD Eternal Blue is the best one. One of Ghaleon One's favorite omitted scenes, care of liquidpolicenaut. Notice how much better the Pentagulia music is too, as it has more of a backing reverberation to it that sounds like a harmonizing choir.

I have to say, Lucia needs a better voice actress because she is overly monotone and just too soft sounding. It's like she's on Valium the whole time she's talking.

*SPOILERS* If you have never played Eternal Blue, or haven't completed the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HandrNDkYhA

and another...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWmOevCa_SQ&NR=1

The original Goddess Tower appearance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-IX44mkIBQ&NR=1

Tranny Zophar and the original greatness of the Sega CD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2pVB1Xkp8E&NR=1

captaindax
Red Dragon Priest

Post by captaindax »

Silver Phoenix wrote:Someone make me a video showing Lucia's Solar Bomb!! I thought Lucia casted more spells in the Sega CD version, and didn't use as many or have as much variation in the remake. I also liked how the spells looked in the Sega CD game. She had some some kind of comet spell that I never saw in the remake. They were like yellow shooting stars, and I don't think it was Plasma Rain.
Lucia's Solar Bomb isn't really that exciting, it's more or less the same as Black Dragon Grief. I'd take a video but I'm too lazy :P. You can always just add it with Dragon Aura and check it out, that's what I just did.
I - am that is

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

So instead of you just making a quick video you want me to download the program, download an emulator, and try to configure everything so I can see one spell? You sir are evil! :twisted:

I guess I'll just have to go without. I never saw the spell from Lucia so I thought it would be interesting. Comparable videos showing the original EB Lucia spells versus the EBC spells would be a cool little project for someone. Unfortunately I don't have a capture card, nor the original EB game.

captaindax
Red Dragon Priest

Post by captaindax »

There's not really any configuration, and really I didn't expect you to at all. It's not worth it for that spell. It's not even worth taking a screenshot of. It's almost exactly identical to the black dragon crest spell.
I - am that is

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Well that's a shame they didn't even bother to make it appear somewhat different. I like games with variation in their spells, and you rarely find an rpg anymore where each character has their own unique spells with no copying whatsoever.

captaindax
Red Dragon Priest

Post by captaindax »

Silver Phoenix wrote:Well that's a shame they didn't even bother to make it appear somewhat different. I like games with variation in their spells, and you rarely find an rpg anymore where each character has their own unique spells with no copying whatsoever.
The only difference is the "black hole" appears after a ball of light appears, and then the stuff getting sucked into it looks slightly different, rocks are the same though.
I - am that is

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

To be fair, it's not like it was intended to be seen, really. The whole point of its existence is to keep people from levelling up forever in the Blue Spire. In EB, there wasn't even a visible spell; if you level Hiro up to 7 (or 8 if he's already at 7 when you get Lucia) Lucia announces that she's cast a spell to keep the monsters away, but we must hurry on out of here, etc. I think she has a slightly different message for different floors of the tower, but the effect is the same: no more battles after that point. I think I gave up before getting to that level, because by then it's a thousand or so battles to get to the next level.

captaindax
Red Dragon Priest

Post by captaindax »

Happy Holidays everyone! Just as an update I've almost finished adding all the characters for editing, next release will be after new years and expect some surprise options :mrgreen:
I - am that is

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I never bothered to grind much in the Blue Spire as I wanted to continue on with the story. Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to everyone as well.

captaindax
Red Dragon Priest

Post by captaindax »

Silver Phoenix wrote:I never bothered to grind much in the Blue Spire as I wanted to continue on with the story. Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to everyone as well.
I'm pretty much the same way, I tried to grind once and just got anxious and left.....that sounded wrong.
I - am that is

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Haha, that's an afterschool special waiting to happen.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

I actually recommend grinding to level 14 in the Spire.

See, Hiro gets another attack at level 14. That extra attack will serve him well for quite a while.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

As much as I love EB(C), I don't know if I'd want to go back for a playthrough right now and it would take some major grinding to get to level 14 in the Spire. I wish I had my Saturn version in English, and had I not played the game before (Sega CD) it would have been even more of a challenge.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I've been through EBC twice, and both times I have always level grinded Hiro to 14. I just always thought "I better take the opportunity while I can!"

I would go back to EBC to try the Save Editor, but I'm working on EB right now. I haven't had much of a chance to play EB the last couple of days though, but at least I finally made it back to Taben's Peak (the place where my first data got wiped out).

captaindax
Red Dragon Priest

Post by captaindax »

I have completed all the characters, so you can edit them all now, as well as the amount of silver you carry. I'll be doing the inventory soon as well (I can't find where the inventory slot amounts are stored yet though). And I found where the party member data is stored, and can currently change who is in the party. This doesn't change the visual member in the party in any way and is a work in progress. And for those who might still be debating it, for the record, Leo and Mystere are programmed as the same character in the game. So I think that pretty much seals the deal that they're the same person. Strangely though there's another variable somewhere that controls if the name, picture, sprite and battle cries for Leo is different. I haven't figured out a way to force Leo into Mystere mode yet.
I - am that is

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Was Leo/Mystere ever really up for debate, I mean really? You should be able to put Ghaleon in your party. That would rock.

captaindax
Red Dragon Priest

Post by captaindax »

Silver Phoenix wrote:Was Leo/Mystere ever really up for debate, I mean really? You should be able to put Ghaleon in your party. That would rock.
I vaguely remember people arguing about it in the past. If I could figure out a way to put Ghaleon in the party I really would. He's not a pre-programmed selectable character however.
I - am that is