Lunar 2 Epilogue with only Hiro and secret ending?

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the remake of Lunar 2 for Saturn/Playstation and all its translations
protivakid
Saith Pirate
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar 2 Epilogue with only Hiro and secret ending?

Post by protivakid »

So I have read that if you beat the epilogue of Lunar 2 Complete with Hiro alone you get an animated ending that you will not see otherwise. Feeling good about myself I tried this but was killed quickly in my first battle at lvl 53.

For those who have done it, did you power level prior? If so where?

Is the secret ending even worth it or is the story the same both ways?

Any other tips?

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Re: Lunar 2 Epilogue with only Hiro and secret ending?

Post by Shiva Indis »

I'm intrigued about what would be different in a solo run, but I wouldn't expect dramatic changes. People have searched through the files on the disks and all the cutscenes are accounted for just playing through game normally.
「まあいいけど。」

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

I've never tried such a thing myself, but according to the official strategy guide, you don't have to do the epilogue solo to get the alternate ending; you just can't have a full party. It also states that the alternate ending is an in-game event, not an animation.

S.ninja
Red Dragon Priest

Post by S.ninja »

you'll want hiro max lvl for solo play.

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

I did this and I can confirm there is no difference.

The white dragon cave has those little shiro creatures they give like 30k exp. But you have to be fast enough to catch them. So, for a long while you'll just have to grind the old fashioned way. I remember many days coming home from school and just grinding for a good hour or so before I could get to that cave. Eventually you have to grind there too. Once you max out your game becomes immensely easier. BTW lvl 100 Hiro is god like. Cant remember if it is 99 or 100 its been years.

protivakid
Saith Pirate

Post by protivakid »

Imperial Knight wrote:I've never tried such a thing myself, but according to the official strategy guide, you don't have to do the epilogue solo to get the alternate ending; you just can't have a full party. It also states that the alternate ending is an in-game event, not an animation.
I saw that too but since the guide has other typo's I assumed it was just another. From reading online it look like Hiro needs to do it alone to get the alternate in-game ending. I would love to know if shorting my party by only 1 would allow me to get the same. That I could easily do but Hiro alone is a large challenge.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

It's not animated. If you don't have the full party the animation with all four of them doesn't make sense, so instead each person who is in the party has a vocal event, IIRC. If you want to hear all the voice clips the thing to do is to do most of the epilogue with just two other party members, save, then get one of the others and do the ending, then reload and get the other one and do the ending to hear that person's event.

Max level is 99, not 100.

protivakid
Saith Pirate

Post by protivakid »

Alunissage wrote:It's not animated. If you don't have the full party the animation with all four of them doesn't make sense, so instead each person who is in the party has a vocal event, IIRC. If you want to hear all the voice clips the thing to do is to do most of the epilogue with just two other party members, save, then get one of the others and do the ending, then reload and get the other one and do the ending to hear that person's event.

Max level is 99, not 100.
So if you do it with all party members you get the same ending but don't get to see the individual comments? Also why can you only use hiro + two others? Why not use Hiro + 3 others so you are still 1 shy of an entire party? Or will this not trigger the event?

S.ninja
Red Dragon Priest

Post by S.ninja »

if you use 3 you can't save the game after getting the 4th...if you want to hear the last members speech.(or else you'd have a 5 and get the anime)

protivakid
Saith Pirate

Post by protivakid »

S.ninja wrote:if you use 3 you can't save the game after getting the 4th...if you want to hear the last members speech.(or else you'd have a 5 and get the anime)
I am sorry I don't understand.

The max party members including Hiro is 5. (Hiro, Ronfar, Lemina, Jean, & Leo).

Why can't you use Hiro + 3 out of the 4 others to have a party of 4 in total. Won't this still give you the last members speech's?

S.ninja
Red Dragon Priest

Post by S.ninja »

Lets say you grab all but Leo and Jean. Then when you grab one of them (lets say Jean) then you can no longer save the game if you want to hear Leo's quote. That's why you want to just lvl with 2others members for a total of 3. Then right before the end you grab one of the 2 left beat the game, and then reload and the game and grab the other and beat it(if you want to hear all. If you grab 3 party members for lvling then you will be forever locked out of the 5th. That is all we are saying.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

protivakid wrote:
S.ninja wrote:if you use 3 you can't save the game after getting the 4th...if you want to hear the last members speech.(or else you'd have a 5 and get the anime)

Why can't you use Hiro + 3 out of the 4 others to have a party of 4 in total. Won't this still give you the last members speech's?
If you have a party of four, you won't hear the speech of the fifth person, since s/he isn't in the party. But if you get all five people, you still won't hear the speech because with five people you'll get the animated scene instead of the speeches. So, you want to save with only THREE people (including Hiro).

Say your other two are Ronfar and Jean. After saving with just the three of them (Hiro, Ronfar, Jean), go get Leo in your party. Then go finish the game. You'll hear Ronfar, Jean, and Leo speak.

Reload and go get Lemina in your party but NOT Leo. Then go finish the game. You'll hear Ronfar, Jean, and Lemina speak.

If you get Leo AND Lemina, then finish the game, you'll get the animation instead of hearing any of them.

protivakid
Saith Pirate

Post by protivakid »

Alunissage wrote:
protivakid wrote:

If you have a party of four, you won't hear the speech of the fifth person, since s/he isn't in the party. But if you get all five people, you still won't hear the speech because with five people you'll get the animated scene instead of the speeches. So, you want to save with only THREE people (including Hiro).

Say your other two are Ronfar and Jean. After saving with just the three of them (Hiro, Ronfar, Jean), go get Leo in your party. Then go finish the game. You'll hear Ronfar, Jean, and Leo speak.

Reload and go get Lemina in your party but NOT Leo. Then go finish the game. You'll hear Ronfar, Jean, and Lemina speak.

If you get Leo AND Lemina, then finish the game, you'll get the animation instead of hearing any of them.
Ok this makes perfect sense now. I was confused before about why you wouldn't use max party members-1 but now I get it.

I have actually grown to despise Lemina's character throughout the game and could care less what she has to tell me at the end haha :lol: . I will complete the end with everyone but her to see the individual speeches and then go grab her for the animated ending.

Thanks everyone!

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

I've actually thought about it this! But it's good to see there's not a major difference. Thanks for clearing it up, guys!
Lotus Moon Productions
- Podcasts on Independent Music Artists & Wrestling -

https://soundcloud.com/lotusmoonproductions