Selecting an Answer?

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the remake of Lunar 2 for Saturn/Playstation and all its translations
burn321
Lann Fisherman
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Selecting an Answer?

Post by burn321 »

So in Lunar 2 there are moments in which you can select an answer, like in the beginning when Gwynn asks about the tower. Does selecting a certain answer change the storyline at all or get a different reaction? I know there are options like "I need more time" and I'm not talking about those. I've played the game countless time but I'm still not sure if it changes
"Lucia, I know you're not feeling very well......but I need to make sure that we're straight about something. Hiro is helping you out 'cause he's a nice guy, but he's ALL mine. Got that?"- Ruby

"What...what do you mean by that? I don't understand." - Lucia

"I mean you shouldn't get too close to Hiro, because you'd be setting yourself up for a fall." - Ruby

"Now I understand. You mean that Hiro tends to trip people who get too close. I will remember to walk several paces behind him in the future." - Lucia

"No, no, no! That's not what I meant! You're too dense to be a threat to me...let's just go!" - Ruby

Nonononoki
Iluk Crackpot

Re: Selecting an Answer?

Post by Nonononoki »

I'm currently replaying Lunar 2 for the second time and as far as I can tell, there seem to be no changes in the story if you chose to select the other answer.

burn321
Lann Fisherman

Post by burn321 »

Yeah I didn't think there was, the replay value with this game isn't as grand (Though I've still replayed it a ton of times) but I wasn't sure aha
"Lucia, I know you're not feeling very well......but I need to make sure that we're straight about something. Hiro is helping you out 'cause he's a nice guy, but he's ALL mine. Got that?"- Ruby

"What...what do you mean by that? I don't understand." - Lucia

"I mean you shouldn't get too close to Hiro, because you'd be setting yourself up for a fall." - Ruby

"Now I understand. You mean that Hiro tends to trip people who get too close. I will remember to walk several paces behind him in the future." - Lucia

"No, no, no! That's not what I meant! You're too dense to be a threat to me...let's just go!" - Ruby

JonOU812
Red Dragon Priest

Post by JonOU812 »

Yeah as far as I know there isn't anything drastic that comes to mind. However, i do remember in the scene where Ronfar asks Hiro why he thinks Lucia isn't evil you get the two options. One being that she just needed help (or something like that) and the other being she's a babe. Choosing option one gives being that she needed help and then he say's to himself Probably shouldn't say that she is beyond beautiful .
So in the end basically it doesn't really mean much.
Check Out My Youtube Channel: YOUTUBE
Follow Me on Twitter: TWITTER
Watch Me Stream: TWITCH

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

In SSSC, what dialogue choice you made did occasionally affect things -- there's an item you get from the Lann mayor but only if you agreed to become an honorary citizen of Burg. And two or three other things required talking to some NPC in advance of when you'd actually get the thing. But I don't remember getting much in the way of items from NPCs in EBC, just bromides (since the more unusual things were in the various bonus dungeons). I suppose it's possible that one or more bromides might be tied to conversation choices.

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

JonOU812 wrote:Yeah as far as I know there isn't anything drastic that comes to mind. However, i do remember in the scene where Ronfar asks Hiro why he thinks Lucia isn't evil you get the two options. One being that she just needed help (or something like that) and the other being she's a babe. Choosing option one gives being that she needed help and then he say's to himself Probably shouldn't say that she is beyond beautiful .
So in the end basically it doesn't really mean much.
I don't mind when multiple choices lead to the same outcome as long as the conversation on the way there is varied up.