Elemental Attacks project

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the remake of Lunar 2 for Saturn/Playstation and all its translations
Angelalex242
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Elemental Attacks project

Post by Angelalex242 »

Do we have, or can we acquire, a complete list of what attacks of which element each enemy uses?

Be useful for guides when telling people whether to equip certain rings or not.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: Elemental Attacks project

Post by Alunissage »

The guides have lists of strengths and weaknesses, which might do the job. I don't really have the time right now but I'm hoping to get back to my EBC playthrough soon and I'll see what I can do. I've been keeping a little bit in my notes about the enemies, stuff like this:

Flytrapper - weak to fire, resistant to poison. Nothing to steal. Poisons when mouth flaps.
Giga Ant - resistant to elemental magic, paralyze, charm (but not poison or seal). Hits hard (70+). Nothing to steal. Slow, though -- usually go after Lucia.
Killer Wasp - weak to wind, thunder; resistant to conditions. Paralyzes.
Bloodbyrd - weak to thunder, resistant to conditions except poison. Faster than everyone but Jean. Special attack saps HP.

So my notes have generally been in the direction of attacking them, not being attacked by them. If you want to start on such a project, I'd be happy to help. I'll try to take notes in that direction going forward, but my notes doc is 136 pages so combing through it for previous info is a bit time-consuming. I need to trim more dialogue out of it, since I have separate files now for that.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Re: Elemental Attacks project

Post by Angelalex242 »

Yeah. I mostly meant things like Albino Baboon's Ice attack, the wind attack of the Wyburn, obvious flame and lightning attacks, that kind of thing. Knowing which attacks can be mitigated is important too.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.