Church of Lucia

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the remake of Lunar 2 for Saturn/Playstation and all its translations
Angelalex242
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Church of Lucia

Post by Angelalex242 »

Suppose word finally got out around Lunar that Althena was dead and Lucia basically took over the job.

How would the priesthood change? If it changes at all?
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: Church of Lucia

Post by Kizyr »

Didn't half of that basically happen in EB? I mean, with the revelation of Althena being a fake, the priests went from being hierarchical to being, well, a less-organized religious order, more similar to what it was in SSS perhaps.

Since Althena isn't exactly gone, just she's not a human nor will ever be reborn again, the priesthood and religion itself would probably go back to being closer to an animist sort of faith, albeit still with the focus on Althena (like it was in TSS). The only rub is where you're asking what'd happen if Lucia "took over the job" -- not sure how that'd be interpreted, especially since Lucia isn't the sort to go around actively doing things in the world, so I feel like she wouldn't really be noticed or regarded as a divine being. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Re: Church of Lucia

Post by Angelalex242 »

Well, she is taking over the job, just not on Lunar. There's a Blue Star several orders of magnitude bigger then Lunar (ya know, relative size of earth vs. size of the moon...) that Lucia has to revive.

As for Althena, Luna flat out says it in the hologram. "The goddess Althena does not exist any longer." So yeah. If word got around about that, well, not much point praying to a non existent entity. At least Lucia is still there and doing SOMETHING, even if it's only on the Blue Star. So no, they're not going to see any more miracles out of her (other then perhaps word spreading about Neo Vane landing gently and Raculi getting Zophar's blood removed), but they'll have legends that she's basically 'preparing their new world for them.'
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.