What's this song?

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the remake of Lunar 2 for Saturn/Playstation and all its translations
Ms. Tea
Iluk Crackpot
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

What's this song?

Post by Ms. Tea »

I was looking at the music in the Saturn version of Lunar 2, and I came across this song:

For the life of me, I can't figure out what it is! It's not in the Sega CD or PS1 versions, which leads me to think it's probably not used. It's only on the second disc, and it's the second-last song (right before Rondo of Light and Shadow), so if it is used it'd be somewhere near the end of the game. I've been skimming a Japanese playthrough of the Saturn version to see if I can find it anywhere, but no luck so far. Anyone know if it's used or not?

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: What's this song?

Post by Alunissage »

I...don't think I've heard that before, though it certainly sounds Lunarian. Unless it's in the background of one of the cutscenes? Seems like the sort of thing that'd go with dragons being awakened or flashbacks about Althena or something.

On some of the drama CDs there's music that isn't in the games. Eternal Blue Prelude has one cool-sounding bit of music that is talked over for most of that track, and its beginning and end tracks also have bits that don't show up in the game. I haven't listened to the Lunatic Parade discs recently to see if there's anything like the piece you posted in them, but I recently listened to the second and third Lunatic Festa CDs and I think there are some bits that aren't in the game (in addition to extended remixes and arrangements of pieces that definitely are, I mean).

Erroneous
Legendary Hero

Re: What's this song?

Post by Erroneous »

https://downloads.khinsider.com/game-so ... 2-o057.mp3

^ link to the song itself, the only information I have on the song is from this file name

Album name: Lunar 2 - Eternal Blue (Sega Saturn)
Song name: 52_O057.mp3
---
LunarNET Discord: https://discord.gg/yzXgsSa