Elemental Icons in Battle

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the remake of Lunar 2 for Saturn/Playstation and all its translations
DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Elemental Icons in Battle

Post by DevNall »

What do the elemental icons that sometimes appear in the bottom-right of the battle screen do/mean? I can't remember and none of the guides I've checked mention it.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Re: Elemental Icons in Battle

Post by Sonic# »

That's a field effect, which gives a bonus to damage from that element while suppressing opposing element damage. For instance, using Call Earth (a spell unlocked with the Earth Crests) will allow you to set the field effect to earth. I found more detailed information here: http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=1783.0
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time