Remake again

For discussion of Magical School Lunar, for the Saturn, and its predecessor Lunar: Walking School, for the Game Gear
ShadowKnight47
Reza Thief
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Remake again

Post by ShadowKnight47 »

Okay, They should of remade this for the PS2, maybe DS.....anything really...I never got to play it....THAT SUCKS DOESN'T IT!?
I can never play without downloading a ROM for it on my comp, and I can't download anything on my mom's or dad's comp...if I could I would.....

how good was it?
Lunar is the 2nd greatest game next to FF

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Being willing to download a ROM is not something to be proud of; it doesn't establish Lunar cred or whatever it is you're trying to do. And it wouldn't work anyway; there aren't any adequate Saturn emulators. It doesn't suck any more for you than for any other Lunar fan who hasn't played it.

I've only played a little of it myself. It has some cute characters and funny situations. However, it's definitely different from the other games in the series; it's three girls going through school on an island (not Vane), not five people saving the world. The encounter rate is rather painfully high, and I can't tell you anything about the music because I don't remember it at all. I do want to get back to it someday, or more accurately start over, since I'm sure my save is history by now.

ShadowKnight47
Reza Thief

Post by ShadowKnight47 »

I never said I WAS proud of downlaoding anything...it just simply means ya don't have the system or the game..or both...I never even heard of it till now..
Lunar is the 2nd greatest game next to FF

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

ShadowKnight47 wrote:I never said I WAS proud of downlaoding anything...it just simply means ya don't have the system or the game..or both...I never even heard of it till now..
Well, L:MS is still something that's possible to obtain without a whole mess of trouble (via eBay, Yahoo, etc.), and not that expensive either. I'm not so concerned about the legal issues involved, but L:MS isn't something that seems rare enough to stretch the rules for.

Anyway, there are two main things about the game. One is that almost every aspect of it is fun: the storyline, the characters, the battles themselves, etc. Two is that the encounter rate is so horribly high that it drags the rest of the game down.

Seriously, as-is I'd give the game a 6/10 (same ranking I'd give Dragon Song). If the encounter rate were fixed, I'd rank it more like an 8/10 (same ranking I'd give Chrono Trigger). KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

ShadowKnight47 wrote:I never said I WAS proud of downlaoding anything...it just simply means ya don't have the system or the game..or both...I never even heard of it till now..
pride is an abomination anyway. :D as far as ROMs go, people seem to make up their own rules about what does and doesn't justify the download. to hell with concepts people use to condescend to one another and give them a false sense of superiority (like right and wrong). if you find a means, do whatever you want. be careful, though.