Lunar on PSP

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Werefrog
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Werefrog »

Nah... I was referring to making one for the PC. I didn't transition very well. That last sentence was meant to be a contiuation from the sentence about Bleem! (which was an emulator for the PC... perhaps the first PS emulator). The last sentence probably should have just been in parenthesis since it was just a side thought. Sony sued the makers of Bleem! because Sony said it was taking money from them. The makers of Bleem! argued that Sony would still have software sales. In the case of the PS3 (since they are losiing money with each console) all Sony has is software sales.

I shouldn't assume that everyone remembers Bleem! Here's the link to an archive of<a href=http://web.archive.org/web/200105150825 ... bleem.com/> Bleem!'s site.</a>

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I remember bleem!. I still don't understand why all the platform game companies just don't make their own ROMs and Emulators and put them up for sale. As long as they arn't retarded about it like the the music industry, I'm sure they could make a lot of money (especially from old titles.)

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

I don't understand why all companies don't put all their old games up for sale through the digital medium. Well... I do. But that doesn't mean I like it. :evil: It would cost money to build such an infrastructure. Although it would cost money in the short run, it would make money in the long run. However, most companies aren't willing to take that risk.

RPGMan
Red Dragon Priest

Post by RPGMan »

With the Bleem! thing do you download the ps games? or put them in your comp? Yeah I second it that game systems should sell roms and what not. I would sooo buy a ps 1 with castlevania symphony of nigt, bof 3 and 4 and all the ff and lunar games I can get lol. And snes =D lol. The companies think that people wont buy the old systems, because kids nowadays are getting smashed in the face with graphics better than real life they want nothign else lol.

lost_f0n_drive
Lostest Boy

Post by lost_f0n_drive »

I dunno, with the playstation 3 network adding playstation titles to its playstation store on a fairly regular basis, I wonder if I won't see official roms of those games added eventually.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

ps 1 with castlevania symphony of nigt
Get it on the 360. They're releasing (or released?) an udpated version of it on XBox Live Arcade.
-G1

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

GhaleonOne wrote:
ps 1 with castlevania symphony of nigt
Get it on the 360. They're releasing (or released?) an udpated version of it on XBox Live Arcade.
Define "updated."

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=7574

Specifically hi-definition capability. To see a game that nice in HD will be awesome. It's apparently already out. I never actually beat the game on the PS1. Maybe I'll finally do that now.
-G1

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

It's nice that they include two versions, an updated and an original. This way purists won't pitch a fit. :-P

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Symphony of the Night is awesome. My second Castlevania I played and one of my very favorites. If I had an Xbox 360 and broadband/dsl/cable modem (I hate having dial up >.>) then I would download it.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

I thought we couldn't discuss illegal emulation here....

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Nobody was. We were discussing using an emulator to play games that we already own legally.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

unless the law has changed, you guys had better be beating it within 24 hours so they can be deleted in time. lol. :P

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

To my understanding, making copies or getting roms of the games you own is still illegal. At least, that's what Nintendo says.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

phyco126 wrote:To my understanding, making copies or getting roms of the games you own is still illegal. At least, that's what Nintendo says.
The 24-hour law is something of a myth. Doesn't really matter, though, since it's irrelevant to this thread. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

phyco126 wrote:To my understanding, making copies or getting roms of the games you own is still illegal. At least, that's what Nintendo says.
I don't care if it's illegal or not. If I own something I should be able to put it into whatever medium I want for my own personal use. If I have a DVD, I should be able to put it into iTune format for my use on a video iPod (according to a friend of mine, it's illegal to even talk about doing that). I should not, however, be able to put it on the Internet for the use of other people.

However, I should not be surprised be surprised that Nintendo would say that. I mean... Nintendo is the king of reselling the same game.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Right, that part of Nintendo's statement is incorrect. It is legal to make a backup copy for your own use of software you own. Nintendo's stance is that since they will replace defective games, there is no need for you to make a backup.

And yes, that 24-hour thing is completely false. It's just a tool to assist in rationalization.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Werefrog wrote:
I don't care if it's illegal or not. If I own something I should be able to put it into whatever medium I want for my own personal use. If I have a DVD, I should be able to put it into iTune format for my use on a video iPod (according to a friend of mine, it's illegal to even talk about doing that). I should not, however, be able to put it on the Internet for the use of other people.
I agree 100% to be honest. If I own it, I can do whatever the heck I want with it basically, so long as it doesn't affect another's well being (so no one brings up "so you are saying if you own a car you have a right to run people over and drive recklessly????" :P HAH! No need for a lawyer to draft that up XD.