Been ages and ages!

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Angelalex242
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Been ages and ages!

Post by Angelalex242 »

What's up guys?
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: Been ages and ages!

Post by Alunissage »

Dude. Hey.

I've been kind of entirely focused on Lunar 1 in the past couple of years and will continue to be for the foreseeable future. Still, I hope to get back to my playthrough of EBC and do one of EB some year.

Yourself?

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Hey!!!!!!!! Welcome back!
~Kizyr (they|them)

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Lunar happened to catch my eye in the middle of all the Final Fantasy 7 Remakes and whatnot, and so it was I put my old PS1 to work, using my usual strategy of never leaving the Spire till Lucia forces the issue with Solar Bomb. That extra attack at 14 is just so useful...
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

ssdninja
Reza Thief

Post by ssdninja »

Howdy! Just in the middle of moving and continuing my EB mail in poster search. Moving a little closer to home in a field I'd much prefer to be in so I'm pretty stoked. Glad this place is still active <3 <3

Ηiro
Lostest Boy

Post by Ηiro »

Yeah, I love returning infrequently and seeing that people still love and remember this game... one of my favorite communities to be sure

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Angelalex242 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:08 am Lunar happened to catch my eye in the middle of all the Final Fantasy 7 Remakes and whatnot, and so it was I put my old PS1 to work, using my usual strategy of never leaving the Spire till Lucia forces the issue with Solar Bomb. That extra attack at 14 is just so useful...
That's such an easy way to do it, though. Good strategy, but challenge yourself (^.^) You'll be surprised at what you can do. Whenever I play LUNAR whatever game I challenge myself with little things such as trying to do battles without 3 or 4 or the whole party doesn't us MP for example. (^^)
Lotus Moon Productions
- Podcasts on Independent Music Artists & Wrestling -

https://soundcloud.com/lotusmoonproductions

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

I have always been a patient man of level grinding. It'd feel wrong to leave the spire without my extra attack.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

"Challenge" is such an individual thing. For me, it mosty takes the form of trying to see every bit of dialogue possible. In the SegaCD EB, Lucia won't let you level up past 8 in the Spire -- after that, she has a message saying that she's cast a spell to keep the monsters away, but in the NA game, she says it slightly differently on each floor. (I usually entertained myself during the grinding by trying to figure out Lucia's stats from the effects of spells cast on her, since there's no way to see them in that game.)

I admit to not being up to the challenge of the various lines associated with making big wins at the carnival, though.

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

I try to only grind levels and such if games have side quests or if i have an opportunity to "kill two birds with one stone" kinda deal.

For example; if I'm doing a side quest and i have to travel through somewhere I'll make sure I get into every battle possible. Clear the whole map while still doing the side quest.
Lotus Moon Productions
- Podcasts on Independent Music Artists & Wrestling -

https://soundcloud.com/lotusmoonproductions

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

My own "challenge" is usually doing what I can to go through evenly -- no level grinding, but no avoiding battles or underlevel challenges (which is impressive in its own right but not quite my thing). Bigger than that is just completionism -- I don't like to leave any area unexplored or especially any dialog unread/unheard.

It's actually a minor bugbear I have with story-based games now where any choice sets you down a specific path, so seeing all the content may be either impossible or may require multiple playthroughs. That said I have to enjoy those games very differently. (Not that I don't enjoy. I mean things like Undertale, Mass Effect, etc. are some of my favorites.)
~Kizyr (they|them)