There's a Let's Play

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Angelalex242
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

There's a Let's Play

Post by Angelalex242 »

While I mentioned this in another thread, I figured you folks would like to know about this, in case you want to see some guy play the PS1 version of SSSC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxAvZoz ... wwxDmarJeA
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: There's a Let's Play

Post by Alunissage »

I'm probably not likely to watch it, unless I need a quick reference for something, but thanks for linking. And it's good to see you again. ^_^

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Thank you! We should come up with some threads or something so the board gets more active again.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

This board needs a common enemy to rally against. We'll either call it the Lelouch plan or the Benevolent_Ghaleon plan. Whichever seems more appropriate.

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

Oh look its HC Bailly!
I like some of his playthroughs, he's funny.
I dont like some of his ideas though, like naming a LSSSC vid "Ocarina of Time" or "Dragon Quest".
Whoever sees that without knowing Lunar will think that this is just some blatant rip off of those games off.
Dr. Agon? Go fish? I'm on a boat?
DUDE just reading these weird names can make someone not want to play the game at all!
Werefrog wrote:This board needs a common enemy to rally against
Lol a common enemy? I'd like to hear more about this but i dont want to derail the thread too much.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

We could pick a fight with a Grandia board and they could be our enemy.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Werefrog wrote:We could pick a fight with a Grandia board and they could be our enemy.
I'm ok with this. We could mock Justin's voice acting. (Though to be honest, some of the voice acting in the Japanese version -- like Sue -- was pretty bad too...) KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

Werefrog wrote:This board needs a common enemy to rally against. We'll either call it the Lelouch plan or the Benevolent_Ghaleon plan. Whichever seems more appropriate.
It needs some awesome hackers with a firm grasp of both English and Japanese to bring Lunar: Magic School to us, subtitle the videos and hopefully not lose too much of the charm in the translation process. Also we'd need them to do whatever would need to do so that the encounter rate doesn't need to be insane.

I realize it'd be a massive endeavor and we'd all have to play on emulators...but...please? Someone?

If we can't make that dream happen, maybe a lot of us could rally to get Sungha Jung to play some Lunar music? How about those of you out there who play an instrument? I find YouTube severely lacking in Lunar music.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

That'd be amazing, but I think the main limiting factor is the programming part (that's what finally enabled there to be an English version of Lunar: Walking School). Translation is important, but there are enough people around to do that aspect. And -- maybe this is just me -- but I think Japanese is easier to grasp than the weirdness that was programming for the Saturn.

That being said, there is a long-running project for translating it. I... haven't been as involved in that due to a lack of time lately thouhg... KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

The last time it was truly active for reasons unrelated to new releases of games were those contests and voting games and such. Or that time Kizyr got his Zophar on, and we had a temporary excuse to RP.

(remember this board doesn't automatically update to standard time, gotta do it yourself)