Big Vocal Song Lyrics Update!

The latest LunarNET news that shows up on the frontpage. All replies to topics here will show up as comments on the homepage. Forum rules are more strictly adhered to on these posts.
Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Big Vocal Song Lyrics Update!

Post by Kizyr »

We now have -all- the in-game music lyrics for the Lunar series available! Not just the English versions, but also the Japanese lyrics, romanized Japanese lyrics, and our own translations for the songs! This even includes the opening for Magical School Lunar, "Wonderful Fantasy".

Check out the "Vocal Songs Lyrics" on each of the main game pages. Or go to the direct links here:
The Silver Star (Opening Song)
Eternal Blue (Eternal Blue & Lucia's Theme)
Silver Star Story (Wings & Luna's Boat Song)
Eternal Blue Complete (Eternal Blue & Lucia's Theme)
Magical School Lunar (Wonderful Fantasy)

As an added bonus, we also added some vocal credits for those pages. Enjoy! KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Re: Big Vocal Song Lyrics Update!

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Good stuff. I think this is the first I've seen an English translation of the MS opening song. The only other one I've read before posting this is the TSS opening, and I like your translation better; I've always thought that "coquette" line was just bizarre.

Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Temzin »

Lookin' good, Kiz. Might you want to mention as well that the confusingly-renamed first credits theme in Eternal Blue is called 光と影のロンド, the Rondo of Light and Shadow? I never really understood why those were changed abroad, but hey.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

nice! though, i was hoping for all of this for all of the japanese songs.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Temzin wrote:Lookin' good, Kiz. Might you want to mention as well that the confusingly-renamed first credits theme in Eternal Blue is called 光と影のロンド, the Rondo of Light and Shadow? I never really understood why those were changed abroad, but hey.
I already listed that for the vocal songs (the Japanese and US titles for all songs). However, if you're referring to the instrumental version... that's something that'd be fitting when we get around to fixing up all the soundtracks pages. After all, many of the other themes in the games have different US-Japan titles.
Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:nice! though, i was hoping for all of this for all of the japanese songs.
Yeah later on I'd definitely like to do this for every song--including the full versions of the songs that are already in the game. Updating the Soundtrack section is one of the things on my 'to-do' list. That might take a few months before I get around to it, however, with the other things on that list.
ilovemyguitar wrote:Good stuff. I think this is the first I've seen an English translation of the MS opening song. The only other one I've read before posting this is the TSS opening, and I like your translation better; I've always thought that "coquette" line was just bizarre.
Oh the "coquette" line was the entire reason I wanted to do my own translations. I still don't understand where they were getting that from. WD's translations of all the other songs, though, was pretty much on-point.

Also, the Magical School Lunar opening is probably my second-favorite vocal song in the entire Lunar series (after "Eternal Blue"). ...it's just so happy and uplifting. Like looking at cuteoverload.com every time I hear it.

Thanks for the comments, folks. Hope you enjoy! KF
~Kizyr (they|them)