New Novel Summary + Magic School Comics!

The latest LunarNET news that shows up on the frontpage. All replies to topics here will show up as comments on the homepage. Forum rules are more strictly adhered to on these posts.
Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

New Novel Summary + Magic School Comics!

Post by Kizyr »

We've just got some more great updates!

First, the Eternal Blue Novel, Vol. 2, now has a full summary available (the first ever). Additionally, besides the novel itself, we also have a translation of an essay at the back by Akari Funato, the illustrator for the novels and creator of the best manga series for Lunar.

Check out the novels page (link here), or go directly to the new pages here:
- Lunar: Eternal Blue, Lucia of the Blue Star - Vol. 2 - Summary
- Essay - Lunar and Me (by Akari Funato)

That's not all! Second, thanks to one of our forum members, Sadrin, we got a few of the four-panel character comics from the Magical School Lunar guide! And of course, we've translated the lot of them. You can check those out here:
- Magic School - Character Comics

Be sure to stop by the forums, and tell us what you think. Enjoy! KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: New Novel Summary + Magic School Comics!

Post by Alunissage »

I'm really glad to finally read Funato's essay. I've always been curious about her involvement with Lunar. But I think there's a typo or two:

"I had the urge to buy Lunar 1 for the Sega CD the day that it came out. So, I took up two projects. The first work I did for Lunar was a manga section to introduce all the characters, in a magazine publication. And then, while I was creating the Lunar manga, Lunar 1 was remade for the Sega Caturn, and then there was my beloved Lunar 2."

I'm pretty sure the Saturn has the same name in Japan as it does here. =) And isn't she referring to Lunar 2 in the first sentence? I guess maybe not, but it's not clear to me.

Also, those are the Lunatic Parade comics that she's referring to, right? If so, perhaps a note should be added about them mentioning that they were in the EBC guide. (We have a scanlation of the Lemina one on the site, which clearly has been here for quite a while since it's listing the author as ???. Perhaps this should be taken down and the EBC pages scanned and posted?)

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: New Novel Summary + Magic School Comics!

Post by Kizyr »

That's what I get for typing up the summary while meowing at Jenner's cat.

She's referring to Lunar 1 in the first sentence. I suppose the ambiguity there is because of the jump from talking about Lunar 1 to the projects she took for Lunar 2. Basically, just like us, she started out as a fan of the original game. And... like any fan's dream, was able to be involved in something for the subsequent game.

I'll try to clear that up and make an amendment tonight. Thanks for pointing that out.

EDIT: I also realize I sort of translated the sumo-wrestling idiom a little bit inaccurately. I'll clear that one up, too. The meaning (that explained in the brackets) is still the same, but the literal meaning of the idiom is a bit different. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)