[April Fools'!] Lunar Manga to Be Released in the US!

The latest LunarNET news that shows up on the frontpage. All replies to topics here will show up as comments on the homepage. Forum rules are more strictly adhered to on these posts.
Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

[April Fools'!] Lunar Manga to Be Released in the US!

Post by Kizyr »

Yes, this is an April Fools' Day joke!
Please do not kill me. I'm going to be in hiding now.
But seriously, Lunar 2 Manga translation later this year,
only not official and in paper.

The Vane Airship Story, and Lunar 2 manga, are slated to be re-released and in English! Not only that; you'll be surprised who was asked to be the lead translator...

To start at the beginning...
Six weeks ago, LunarNET was contacted by ACDX, the Japanese publisher of the Vane Airship Story and the Lunar 2 manga. ACDX is planning on reprinting two of the Lunar manga later this year: the Vane Airship Story, and the Lunar 2 manga. And, they want to reprint English translations of both of the manga.

Here is the great part...
Noticing my translations, they've asked me to be the lead translator for both manga! And, almost as expected, they've asked G1 to set up LunarNET as the main page for the Lunar manga in North America! So, you'll see LunarNET's name on the front of all the manga volumes released stateside!

As you may know, I've already translated the Vane Airship Story manga (you can view that here)--that will only require another round of editing. But, the Lunar 2 manga is something I haven't cracked yet, so I'll be putting other things aside while I get to that. Also, as you can imagine, it was tough for me to contain my excitement--this must be how Akari Funato felt when she was originally asked to author the Vane and Childhood's End mangas.

(The reason we had to wait six weeks was because of a few negotiations with ACDX about when we could break the story--sorry for the delay.)

But there's one down side...
The down side is that, since the manga is being officially released, we'll have to take down the Vane Airship Story within another six weeks. So, if you want to read it, now is the time. We'll also need to restrict posting other translations or potentially copyrighted materials on the boards. But hey, both manga should be available in English at the end of the year, and if the sales of those two are good, we may get all five!

Tell us what you think over at the forums! And, buy the manga! KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alex_Pwns_Hiro
Red Dragon Priest

Re: Lunar Manga to Be Released in the US!

Post by Alex_Pwns_Hiro »

Awesome! Hope this is not an april fools joke. :P

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

That is amazing! Congrats, Kiz! (And if this is an April Fool's joke, you can expect me to hunt you down and make you suffer.)

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

A lot more believable this year. :)

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

The thing is, I sort of dropped a hint about this around six weeks ago, when we were first contacted.

...maybe I should've waited another day to break the story so we could've avoided this problem. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

I hope this is real! That would be such a huge step for lunar!!

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

I'll believe it when I see it. :p

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Cute.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Don't let me down (run around or desert me). yeah i've been rickrolled a bit today. If this is a prank, i'm upset and impressed. I'm on the gullible end of this, though.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

By the way, if anyone's curious... The "little hint" I dropped a while back was in response to the news post on 2-19-08,
Kizyr wrote:...it's a little bit too much work for me to do without getting paid.
Now the manga, on the other hand...
Regarding the date... We really haven't been able to pull anything off since the big Four Heroes Story several years ago. So, we don't have an incentive to do anything on April 1st since we'd just have to live up to the hype. And, the Four Heroes thing took months to plan out...

These days, all we do, if anything, are really obvious jokes--like when me and Jenner invaded the forums as the Mooninites last year. Or when I replaced G1's avatar with Ghaleon wearing Mickey Mouse ears and changed his title to "Magic Mouseketeer". ...'course he got me back for that one. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I remember the Four Heroes story. We even pulled off artwork and everything. There's no way that is beatable.

Congrats, Kizyr! It's wonderful to get to work with something you like so much that you'll even do something you hate for it (translating). Maybe if this succeeds you can convince them to branch out into more original games, where you wouldn't be translating but advising or planning. Like Lunar DS but better.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Kizyr wrote:These days, all we do, if anything, are really obvious jokes--like when me and Jenner invaded the forums as the Mooninites last year. KF
HAH! I knew it!

Though it wasn't an April thing, I did like the whole, forum take over from G1 when he went on vacation or whatever it was.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

I was wondering what the April Fools Day joke would be this year. I knew it couldn't be about a Four Heroes Story again since that was already announced this year.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Oh, here's another bit of good news!

Since Alun was basically my editor for the Vane translation, even if there are any further modifications from ACDX's editors, she'll still be credited along with the rest of us. So, G1 will be credited under marketing. I'll be credited under translating. And Alun will be credited under editing.

That's three of us being officially involved with a Lunar project! I'm waiting to hear back on whether or not they're fine with her coming in for editing the Lunar 2 script. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Another "I'll believe it when I see it," but if true totally amazingly awesome! :3

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

I have to say, Kizyr's been working on this for awhile, he was even working on translation a bit while I was down there to visit him during Meg's wedding, it's put quite a damper on the relationship! ;P

>.> He keeps asking me to dress up as Jean.

Kizyr

Re: [April Fools'!] Lunar Manga to Be Released in the US!

Post by Kizyr »

Yes this is an April Fools' Day joke.

I'm going to be in hiding for the remainder of April 2nd.

Thanks for playing you guys! KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

Wow... so I like really hate you right now. :( I figured it wasn't real but deep deep down I was so happy! You crushed my insides!

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

April Fool's day....? I'm going to go to a corner, get in the fetal position, and suck my thumb now....

Alex_Pwns_Hiro
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Alex_Pwns_Hiro »

I would have bought them :(