Misc Changes (spoilers likely)

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Angelalex242
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Misc Changes (no major spoilers, maybe minor ones)

Post by Angelalex242 »

I wonder if they're going to put something in Vane's library about the events of Lunar:Dragon Song.

I should think in the book full of Dragonmasters, there should be mention of 'Ignatius, the Dragonmaster gone bad' and 'Jian, the Dragonmaster who stood on his head all day long.'

It would be nice if they actually bothered to tie that in for a change, so it doesn't feel so disconnected.

It'd ALSO be nice to see if Ghaleon counts Ignatius as an ancestor, either literally or metaphorically. Ignatius does look like he's Ghaleon's grandpa or something.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Ok, there's another one about Nash's past...

In the Forest of Illusion, when you camp out there before continuing to Pao, Nash is awake in the middle of the night thinking to himself: "All the while growing up in the countryside, all I ever wanted was to be in the Magic Guild."

Yep, Nash's revulsion towards people in the countryside stems from the fact that he, himself, was also born/raised there. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Are you sure that's new? For some reason it's ringing a bell. I thought the Forest of Illusion was only in Eternal Blue? God, it's been too long since I played SSS.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

It's definitely a new scene. There's a scene where Jessica tries to spark some romance with Kyle that used to be followed by Alex having a nightmare about Luna, and now this scene of Nash reflecting on his misguided desire to protect Mia is sandwiched in between. Did the creators figure they hadn't made his coming betrayal obvious enough yet? :P

Now that I think about it, I guess I always figured that Vane was Nash's hometown. (His ancestors in Airship Stories must have influenced me.) But I can't deny that a provincial background suits his character flaws very nicely.
「まあいいけど。」

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Well excuse my confusion on the added scene, but as for the Illusion Woods wasn't that only in EB?

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

I played 2 or 3 hours into Harmony to confirm that it really was new, that's all. ^_^ As for the forest, think it's actually called Lost Woods. But at any rate, it seperates Tamur from the Prairie in SSS.
「まあいいけど。」

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

So we have Weird Woods and Lost Woods in SSS/SSH, and Illusion Woods in EB/EBC.

Royce
Nanza Bandit

Post by Royce »

Is Royce still in it or is she cut?

/fanboyism

sux2bme
Nanza Bandit

Post by sux2bme »

Royce wrote:Is Royce still in it or is she cut?

/fanboyism
worry not...she's there...
Kizyr wrote:Ok, there's another one about Nash's past...

In the Forest of Illusion, when you camp out there before continuing to Pao, Nash is awake in the middle of the night thinking to himself: "All the while growing up in the countryside, all I ever wanted was to be in the Magic Guild."

Yep, Nash's revulsion towards people in the countryside stems from the fact that he, himself, was also born/raised there. KF
at first, i thought he was really from the countryside, but the SSSC game made me think otherwise cause they made it looked like he was from Vane, well explains why he hates hicks...he's a hick himself...lol

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Silver Phoenix wrote:Are you sure that's new? For some reason it's ringing a bell. I thought the Forest of Illusion was only in Eternal Blue? God, it's been too long since I played SSS.
I don't remember how they translated that forest in SSS, so I took a guess. Shiva is right; it's the forest between Tamur and Pao.

The scene and information on Nash's hometown (or home village, as it is) is completely new, though. He tries to come off as if Vane is his hometown, but this bit of information sheds some really interesting new light on him. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

They should have thrown something in about his ancestors coming from Meryod, that would really be the kicker.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Bromides are no longer bromides. Despite some pre-release info to the contrary, in-game the items are just called photos. Why, you ask? Bromide photos as a product were in decline in Japan when SSS was released, and now the term is outdated. You might say it's a bit of 90s pop culture cleanup.
「まあいいけど。」

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I always thought Bromide was a hideous word to begin with, so good riddance.

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

Silver Phoenix wrote:I always thought Bromide was a hideous word to begin with, so good riddance.
I liked the word bromide, I always thought it was kind of a weird word, but it seemed more special then just photo

fates
Red Dragon Priest

Post by fates »

The dungeon changes... I know that the layouts are different due to the changed angle, and the first dungeon seemed shorter in the demo...

but are the later dungeons still substantial size-wise?

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

I'll be surprised if Xseed follows suit with the bromide change. The word has little cultural value to English speakers in general - unless you're a chemist or a photographer or something like that you'd probably never hear it - but it is part of what makes Lunar what it is. Pleasantness as a word notwithstanding. :P

The dungeons all have different layouts and they do steadily get longer. I'd say this game has the shortest dungeons of the series overall, though.
「まあいいけど。」

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I was thinking Bromide seemed awfully chemical or like a witch's brew.

sweetdreamer
Burg Farmer

Story changes

Post by sweetdreamer »

I figured this would be a good thread to mention any plot changes or additions from SSSC. I liked the little addition with Jess cooking... And I'm not there yet, but is there stil the Plaster Mel boss? I didn't see it in the guide... There seem to be a few more Jess/Kyle scenes... Though I'm still hoping for more Nash/Mia...

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Re: Story changes

Post by Shiva Indis »

Not to the Red Dragon Cave yet, right? There are more new scenes in store for you. ^_^
「まあいいけど。」

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Re: Story changes

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Plaster Mel Boss? Is that what they called it or is that just a clever play on words?