Lunar Character Tournament 2...

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I agree with having a one-day poll to settle the #1 and #2 of the threeway, to see if it's just a matter of the vote being split.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Gah, just VOTE FOR NALL people, that's all I ask! T^T I can't campaign right now, I'm up to my neck in school work. Wanna help me out? CAMPAIGN. I want to see him ahead of Alex and Luna the next time I check in, don't let me down!
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

scaryice
Student of Vane

Post by scaryice »

GhaleonOne wrote:Kiz, like, the first and second place go at it after the three-way? I could do a quick one-day poll to settle the matter, if that's what you mean.
You can't change the rules in the middle of the tournament. Wouldn't be fair.

Maiku
Student of Vane

Post by Maiku »

I feel bad for Alex now... :cry:

But Nall's a dragon. That's why I voted for him. Can't let another fellow dragon down. But Luna's winning and I'll still be happy if she does win.

What confuses me is that Luna and Nall went against each other before... So who won? Or wait a minute... Is this the semi-finals? To see who takes second or whatever?

Where's the bracket for this tournament? =P

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

GhaleonOne wrote:Kiz, like, the first and second place go at it after the three-way? I could do a quick one-day poll to settle the matter, if that's what you mean.
Yeah. If no one gets over 50% of the votes, then the top two go at it one-on-one. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Where's the bracket for this tournament? =P
Click the main graphic on the main page. It's the big graphic that has whichever characters are currently in the poll.
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Scary thing is that Sonic#'s post made a lot of sense.... very scary. But alas, I still voted for nall. VOTE NALL FOR ALL!

If you don't, everyone gets friendship rings. If everyone does, I take the ones I've given out away :D

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Blue_Sycro
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Blue_Sycro »

But one must remember that Luna gave up being a goddess for none other than Alex (who is losing :lol: ). Luna and Alex both die, but who lives forever?

That's right. The one and only Nallsers.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

...Ya know, I must remind you Luna appears in both games. As Old Luna hologram, in the second.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

scaryice
Student of Vane

Post by scaryice »

The fact that you're now having a runoff for this poll ruins the whole thing for me. You already have had two 3-way polls in this tournament, and there was no runoff before. Do you realize how inconsistent and unfair that is?

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Angelalex242 wrote:...Ya know, I must remind you Luna appears in both games. As Old Luna hologram, in the second.
What's your point? She still died. And without Nall, Hiro and co. wouldn't have seen the hologram to begin with. :roll:
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

scaryice wrote:The fact that you're now having a runoff for this poll ruins the whole thing for me. You already have had two 3-way polls in this tournament, and there was no runoff before. Do you realize how inconsistent and unfair that is?
Dude. Chill.

It's a bloody character tournament. It's not like we're voting on the name for Lunar Genesis. You're taking it way too seriously; if the poll is 'ruined' for you, don't vote. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I'm not sure it's really that unfair anyways. It gets the most accurate results. Granted we didn't do it for earlier rounds, but that would have killed the possibility of getting a battle royale in at the end with all the semi-finalists. Taking one day from that is fine, but taking 3-4 (however many ties we've had) wouldn't have left enough time. Plus, I announced this on the frontpage very shortly into the current poll. It's not like I saw one character was going to win, and decided to give another character a second chance or anything. If a character wins by enough of a margin (ie 50% like Kiz said) I won't even bother with a runoff, because someone ran away with it.
-G1

scaryice
Student of Vane

Post by scaryice »

GhaleonOne wrote:I'm not sure it's really that unfair anyways. It gets the most accurate results. Granted we didn't do it for earlier rounds, but that would have killed the possibility of getting a battle royale in at the end with all the semi-finalists. Taking one day from that is fine, but taking 3-4 (however many ties we've had) wouldn't have left enough time. Plus, I announced this on the frontpage very shortly into the current poll. It's not like I saw one character was going to win, and decided to give another character a second chance or anything. If a character wins by enough of a margin (ie 50% like Kiz said) I won't even bother with a runoff, because someone ran away with it.
Is runoff voting a fairer system than just taking the highest vote getter? Maybe, but that's not the issue here. It's wrong to change the rules in mid-tournament. Can you imagine the outcry if something like this happened in real life? This tournament may have little meaning, but it's the same principle.

So what if a couple of people suggested it? It's unfair because in the two previous tied matchups, you didn't have a runoff. You can't just announce midway through this poll that this time there will be one, because it's in a later round.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Why is it such a big deal if everything is 100% 'fair'? It's a character tournament. It's not real life. That's the point. You can start setting up different standards for what you think is fair or not, but it's a lot of wasted effort for something that's supposed to just be fun in the first place.

Again, if this 'ruins' the poll for you, then don't vote. You're the only one making a big deal out of this; everyone else seems to be just having fun with it. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Maiku
Student of Vane

Post by Maiku »

Thanks, G1! :mrgreen:

Also, what's the deal with friendship rings? What exactly are they? All I've been hearing is that they are apparently bad.

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

They are not bad if...(ahem)...when you vote for Nall.
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Kizyr wrote:
scaryice wrote:The fact that you're now having a runoff for this poll ruins the whole thing for me. You already have had two 3-way polls in this tournament, and there was no runoff before. Do you realize how inconsistent and unfair that is?
Dude. Chill.

It's a bloody character tournament. It's not like we're voting on the name for Lunar Genesis. You're taking it way too seriously; if the poll is 'ruined' for you, don't vote. KF
That, also, is insignificant.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

GhaleonOne wrote:I'm not sure it's really that unfair anyways. It gets the most accurate results. Granted we didn't do it for earlier rounds, but that would have killed the possibility of getting a battle royale in at the end with all the semi-finalists. Taking one day from that is fine, but taking 3-4 (however many ties we've had) wouldn't have left enough time. Plus, I announced this on the frontpage very shortly into the current poll. It's not like I saw one character was going to win, and decided to give another character a second chance or anything. If a character wins by enough of a margin (ie 50% like Kiz said) I won't even bother with a runoff, because someone ran away with it.
I think you should forget the top two poll thing and just give it to Nall. >_> He practically won the last time, and I'm too busy to properly campaign this week for him to win now. I've been performing in our senior play, working and trying to keep up with school all this week. e_e I feel cheap that I can't fit Nall into my schedule! :cry: Humor me and just let the little guy win. xD lol I know I said it before, but all I really want is to see him in the final round.
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:
Kizyr wrote:It's a bloody character tournament. It's not like we're voting on the name for Lunar Genesis. You're taking it way too seriously; if the poll is 'ruined' for you, don't vote. KF
That, also, is insignificant.
You are, again, missing the point. LunarNET ran the poll for the US name of Genesis at the request of UbiSoft, and that poll's results were indeed used in naming the game. Thus, that poll mattered. It doesn't matter what you think of the game -- which everyone knows anyway because you tediously repeat it every time the game's mentioned even in passing -- it was an important thing for the site. The character tourney is just for fun.