common sense is steadily phasing out

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Blue_Sycro
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Blue_Sycro »

Yeah, I'm sick of the politics and the hatred and wars and so forth...I was thinking New Zealand or Australia. But Ireland or Italy would be nice too...maybe Ibiza :wink:

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Blue_Sycro wrote:Yeah, I'm sick of the politics and the hatred and wars and so forth...I was thinking New Zealand or Australia. But Ireland or Italy would be nice too...maybe Ibiza :wink:
You want to get away from the politics and the hatred, and you think Europe is a good choice? Europe's got way more issues with tolerance than here.

Not saying that Europe is full of idiots, that's definitely not the case. But if I'm in France then I figure asking someone if they voted for Le Pen in 2002 is a valid question, so I know whether I should greet them with a bonjour or a punch to the face.

But, that's a tangent. Australia, New Zealand, Ireland (definitely Ireland...), they all got plenty of problems.

I should note that I do like Australians, since they're the only other group I've seen that makes fun of their own country as much as Americans make fun of their own. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Blue_Sycro
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Blue_Sycro »

Well, ok, I know Ireland's got issues...and Australia's pretty political now too, I know, I know. I always heard that New Zealand was pretty placid though. Which isn't to say I didn't hear wrong. Guess I'll just find a remote island and go there by myself. And maybe the internets can come too.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Eh, must me my american ignorance and all, but I always thought that Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Great Britain would have been very nices places to live than America. Though I am American all and all, I have wondered if I would find myself in the same pit of hell if I moved to a seemingly better country, kike Britain or Canada... or Australia.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Great Britain would have been very nices places to live than America.
They live and breathe football (the non-American variety). What's not to love about them?
-G1

meg
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by meg »

the only times i ever want to move out of the country are when i listen to george bush.

other than that, i am quite content to stay in the US. people don't change from country to country, it's structures and customs that do. britain has its chavs just as we have our white trash/ghetto folks. there is ignorance everywhere.

we just put ours on daytime tv, that's all.

A Real Horrorshow BAMF
Meribian Merchant

Post by A Real Horrorshow BAMF »

MaJIN_SaN wrote:Uhh… listen what you are saying…. You can’t solve your problems by running away. And obesity isn’t caused by just American radio DJ‘s, Learn some self-control, it’s not hard to run a mile each day. And we all know what kind of foods are good us. Hence common sense.
Yeah, I know that American DJs aren't the main source of obesity, but by them hosting stupidity like this, they're practically hand-feeding the problem. I'm not saying that running away will solve the problems, but living somewhere where there is common sense in abundance wouldn't hurt, either. I agree with you that people need to learn self-control(including myself), but you can't rule out the fact that people are stupid and gullible. Some doctor can come on the tv right now and say that eating your own feces will help you loose weight, and by tomorrow, feces will be on every dollar menu in every McDonalds in this country. So, by these American DJs and other media doing ignorant things like this, it's pretty much encouraging our stupidity. So maybe I was wrong by saying "It's people like the radio show hosts that make America the country with the worse obesity problem." but you have to admit, they do encourage the problem...just my opinion :?

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

A Real Horrorshow BAMF wrote: So maybe I was wrong by saying "It's people like the radio show hosts that make America the country with the worse obesity problem." but you have to admit, they do encourage the problem...just my opinion :?
No, I'd say you were pretty spot-on. It's people like that.

Dragon Master Lunar81
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Dragon Master Lunar81 »

People these days need more sleep. You don't know how many times I hear people say "my brain is tired." I say "dude, if your brain is tired, you wouldn't be alive so stop talking to me and go to bed." A lot of people do stupid things when they are tired. If you are so tired you have problems thinking then just get more sleep. That is common sense but you would be surprised how many people would rather get more things done then go and get a good nights rest.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

You'd be surprised how many people have obligations that make it difficult to get enough sleep, too. I certainly agree that people, definitely including myself, need to get more sleep, but there's quite a lot of pressure to cram more things into one's day than one can do while still spending enough time sleeping. And very often the people who are really tired aren't in a location that they can just sleep in. I actually have a folding cot near my desk at work for when I absolutely need to rest, but most people don't, and it's still not an ideal solution.

Although if you're talking in the context of people staying up late to chat (another thing I've been guilty of, though not lately) and do nothing else then yes, they should get off the comp/phone and sleep. But it's a sad fact that sometimes other things just seem more important at the time because you think you can "make up" sleep later, or on the weekend, which only works to an extent.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

I'm definitely going to have to say that i think common sense SHOULD interfere in this. Something horrible should SURELY happen if you're putting something in faster than it can leave. I've tried to force a piss several times and i must say that i drink a lot faster than i can piss. Not to mention that what i just said ignore the fact that she's also HOLDING it.

I've drank a lot of water before (trying to pass a piss test) and at half a gallon my stomach was sore and everything. I felt somewhat sick and dizzy while pissing, too. I certainly knew it'd be a horrid idea to continue and an ESPECIALLY bad idea to try to keep it in.