Waitress gets $10,000 tip...

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Waitress gets $10,000 tip...

Post by GhaleonOne »

http://www.news-tribune.net/wierdnews/l ... 73915.html

This is why I get annoyed with people who say humanity is all bad, etc. I always hate it when people make stupid comments about how horrible humanity is when there's bad news, but noone ever gives much props when someone does something out of kindness like this. Kindness so often goes unnoticed, so people think everyone is out for each other. It's not always the case. This proves it.
-G1

AnimeJei
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AnimeJei »

Yeah, I read that story, very nice. One problem is the media.. they tend to focus on all the negative and there a lot of it in everyday life but there's a lot of stuff like this that happens too. Anyway, good story..there is still hope for this world :)
Image"Sample my goods!!"

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I'm glad someone in need of money actually got it. It's nice to know there are still nice people out there who want to help others.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Wow. That's amazingly close to where I grew up. In fact, the "small city 40 minutes north of Fort Wayne" is mostly likely Kendallville, the town I grew up in. And this girl is probably around my age. That's nuts.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Meh, humanity still blows. God forbid Zophar to come around ;)

Several years ago, in the late 1990s, some homeless guy walked into a Burger King here in the Springs and asked if he could get something to eat. Rather than being thrown out like most places would, a, I think, 16 or 17 year old male who was working there pulled out his wallet and paid for the guys meal himself. Several hours later the same man walked back into the Burger King... dressed in a really nice outfit. He gave the kid who paid for his meal $3,000 for expressing kindness, and gave several other employee's a little money too.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

10,000 bucks, huh? That's quite a chunk of money. There are a lot of not exactly decent people out there, but even so there's a handful of good, kind, generous, (Add however many positive adjectives you'd like to after this point, but you get what i'm saying) people out there.
phyco126 wrote:Meh, humanity still blows. God forbid Zophar to come around ;)
It is much too late to stop my arrival. For I am already here. Mwa hahahahahahahahahahaha!!! :twisted:

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

In my entire life, I have only met an extremely few people that are the true definition of what a person SHOULD be. Especially on the religious side. Kids and teens are naturally exempt, as I've seen good teens and innocent kids go bad and vice versa.

Yes, there are still good people out there, but they are constantly being punished for their good deeds. Nuns are killed. People who help the police catch a bad guy gets thrown in jail because of it. Guy who stops after hitting a child in a car to tend to her medically gets beaten to death. Charity workers get beheaded. Nice guy who works gets fired after the -Dragon Diamond- he did for the company, or when you are trying to help and be nice to someone their only thanks to you is to blame you for their troubles, threaten to sue you, or demand the manager because they want to see to it that you get fired. It's sad really.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."