Interesting saturday night...

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
phyco126
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Interesting saturday night...

Post by phyco126 »

Note: I copied this from my livejournal versus rewriting it all again.

So my bestfriend an I went to our first anime convention in Denver on Friday and Saturday. We were originally supposed to go on Sunday, but the poor set up and execution of the convention made us think twice otherwise. However, I had a little bit more of a good time than he did. I have pictures posted on my website, http://www.phyco126.com/pictures <--- click the anime convention denver link on the left side.

Anyway, we came home around 1:30am, but at that time we were both hungry. Using standard procedures, we executed "I buy, you fly." After being given the money, I headed out to Carls Junior, which was about 1 to 2 miles away, but it was strait down a very strait street. On the way down, I saw one cop... then two cops... then three cops all turn onto the road. Not sure were they were going, but they were going somewhere. So I finally get to the Carls Junior, I make my order, pull up, get the drinks, and then get the receipt (hand written, as their printer was down). After being given our drinks, I waited patiently for the food. By not it is around 2:00am. I look up and I see a car that parked horizontally in the middle of the road just past the intersection. I thought it was very odd, but then I began to wonder as one man jumped out of the car and stormed off towards a emergency clinic. Then another man followed him, and a third stayed in the car. First, I couldn't help but wonder if the two men were going to break into the clinic, they were first walking straight towards it and very quickly too. Then they hit the side walk, and followed that, while the car whipped into a u turn and turned right onto the main road (the straight road). I then got my food, said weird, and began to drive off.

Once I rounded the corner of Carls Junior I saw the car parked on the road below a Conoco/BP gas station, and now all three men were out of the car. I slowed down, trying to see what was going on. Then it looked as if the two men were starting to rough up the third man who got out of the car first a minute earlier. I floored the car, whipped around the Carls Junior, turned onto the side road, and hit a green light in time to turn onto the main road. I then turned again and flew up into the gas-station. I parked along the curb, and got out of my car. I stood right on the curb and looked down at the men. I was about 20 feet away and several feet higher than them. I screamed "Hey!" but they either didn't hear me or ignored me. I then screamed really loud, as authoritative as I could get "HEY!" That got one mans attention. Of course, by the time I parked it became very clear that they were both forcing the man against his will into the car. While they weren't punching him or anything, they were using A LOT of force on him.

"What's going on?!" I screamed. The one man who I had his attention didn't speak english, so he could only say "No, no, nothing, thank you, go now" "Doesn't look like nothing!" "No no..." "He doesn't look like he wants to go into the car!" "No, no, fine, thanks, go" "I don't know, do I have to call the police?!" "No, no, no police, fine, thanks, all fine, go" "I think you should let him go!" "No... no..." By now I'm wanting to call the police, but I can't... my cell phone was not only dead, but I left it my best friends apartment to recharge. I pondered about physical intervention, but if the man being forced into the car was in any real danger, I would have been better to call for help instead.

So I got into my car, and drove off, turning onto the main road, and passing the three men and their car. Of course, I grabbed as much info on the car as I could, including the license plate and make, color, and how many doors. With me gone, they got the man into the car and drove off in the same direction I was going. There was a red light and they pulled beside me, I ignored them as best I could. The light turned green, but I accelerated very slowly so they could get in front of me. This way I could get a general direction so the cops could have a clue where to look. Sure enough, they went into the same apartment complex that my friend lived in. Huh, how about that. So I walk into my friend's apartment and set the food down, and asked him that if he saw what I saw, what would he do. He replied Call the police. I borrowed his cell phone and did just that.

What an interesting night. I'm seriously hoping that it was just a misunderstanding that that maybe they had a damned good reason for forcing the guy into the car (maybe he was going to kill his girlfriend?) Still, I would rather call the cops on two guys trying to keep their friend out of jail than not and have two guys kill the poor guy.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Alex_Pwns_Hiro
Red Dragon Priest

Re: Interesting saturday night...

Post by Alex_Pwns_Hiro »

Good job phyco. I hate it when people see stuff like that and are too scared to do anything about it, so they just walk away from the situation.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I honestly came close to doing it, but then I remembered what I learned in Psycology that no one will help, and I just couldn't bare to be apart of that group. Sure enough, several people passed, no one helped or called the Police.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

how awkward would it have been if they recognized you when you got to you friends apartment, or worse if they lived next door to him.