Japanese Webtv Show I was On ^^;

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Japanese Webtv Show I was On ^^;

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Hello all!

Well, I finally have my electricity back after a little over a week, so I'm very happy about that. I also just found out that the first segment of the Japanese Webtv Show Brian and I were on has been uploaded to the internet, so feel free to take a look, it's about 5 min long. Unfortunately, most of it isn't subtitled, so if any of you know what they're actually saying to us please let me know ^_^b

As you can tell I was pretty uncomfortable most of the time. Mainly because I really didn't know what they were saying, but also because we got very little direction about what we were suppose to do. But that's of course because it was hard to communicate back and forth. So, if I look scared or uncomfortable please try to ignore that haha ;p

http://www.odoroku.tv/vod/00000082E/index.html

If the link doesn't work for some reason please let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Take care all!

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Aw, that's cute.

Don't worry, both of y'all did fine. I think there are enough little English snippets in there for folks to be able to follow along just as well. There wasn't a lot of additional stuff being said.

If you want, I can give a rough translation of the contents? It's all colloquial speech, so it's little problem translating. That and if I run across something I don't understand, I can make stuff up. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Okay, I have NO idea what that was even about, but I really want that t-shirt with Ronald McDonald with the Japanese writing, haha.

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

The premise is to show foreigners places of interest in Akihabara. We spent all day shooting both segments. It was fun too, except for the whole part where they had me dress up as a maid... I wasn't too thrilled with that ^^; But that's in the second segment, I don't know when that will be posted though. I'm a little scared to see it lol

Kiz, if you have time and you'd like to translate it that's cool, I defintely would appreciate it ^^ You're right though, it is pretty self explanatory - I'm just overly excited about it :p haha

Erroneous
Legendary Hero

Post by Erroneous »

God woman are so short

(don't get me wrong, in comparison of you two is exactly the same height difference with me and my girl, but still)

I'll have to ask her what was going on in that show since she speaks/reads Japanense more than I can.

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

I am short at 4'11/5'0 but Brian is also 6'5" which really makes me look short too :p haha

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Ok, here's a more or less spot translation. Some parts may be iffy, and no, no on-screen directions. So you'd have to watch the video to get the context.

Akiba Happy Guide #32 "Akiba Guide for Foreigners, Part 1" 10/9/2006 (5 minutes)
The Brian couple, newlyweds who've come all the way to Japan, have chosen Akihabara for their honeymoon. To show the two of them around, Mouton will first take them to "Kotobukiya Hobby Shop", which deals in figures and anime goods! And there was some marital tension...
Anyway, at a place called "Akiba Fashion", we went to "Kamikaze Style", a store which sold Baka-T-Shirts. What t-shirt design will this couple choose!?
(Filmed on 9/9/2006)

After 6 months of being the guides for the program, who will Mouton guide next?
They'll guide a foreign married couple who don't know their way around through Akihabara, the "world's Otaku City".
Can Mouton show them what they want?

Text: I want to see! I want to go! I want to create! Ah!
Ito & Shimada: This is Akiba Happy Guide! Mouton here. Greetings.
Shimada: We won't be introducing new stores this time. Now, we'll be guides!
Ito: Through Akihabara?
Shimada: Yes. The two people we're guiding are waiting at the station
Brian: Yo
Danni: What up?
Ito: Eh?
Narrator: Today Mouton will be guides for these two, Brian and Danni. They've just gotten married and decided to come to Japan.
Shimada: [English] You are... together?
Subtitle: Going to the Akihabara stores together
Brian: [English] Sure
Subtitle: Of course
Shimada: [English] All right, let's go!

Narrator: First, Mouton will be taking these two to... this store!
Narrator: Kotobukiya is a great hobby shop in Akihabara. Besides just figures, you can also get plenty of other kinds of items. This shop also has original creations, which fans are crazy about.

Shimada: Now then, figures can be a lot of fun, right?
Ito: Yeah
Shimada: We've done this before, you remember?
Ito: Of course I remember. That day we were looking at the plastic models.
Shimada: How was it?
Ito: That time they were making tons of figures. Each individual component of the figures were made in this really thiiiin manner with--
Shimada: What are you talking about?
Narrator: Could you please explain that more clearly!?
Ito: This... these wrinkles? Wrinkles? See them?
Brian: Oh
Narrator: Appreciate the details of the clothing in the plastic models!

[everyone stares at the model's skirt]
Danni: [slap!]
Brian: ...ok
Narrator: Brian... Your wife is trying to tell you not to appreciate the models that much!

Narrator: We then take a look around more of Kotobukiya. And...

Brian: [English] Hey, look at this
Subtitle: Look at this
Brian: [English] Isn't it cute?
Subtitle: Isn't it cute?
Brian: Moe-tan
Ito: Moe-tan... So you picked out Moe-tan? Ah, you must have some effeminate tastes.
Narrator: These are the figures that Brian picked out
Subtitle: The figures that Brian picked out
Narrator: The Kotobuki-made Moe-tan figures! The kind that would decorate your TV sets
Brian: Ok
Narrator: So what were his impressions?
Brian: [English] Very good
Subtitle: Very good
Brian: [English] Thank you very much
Danni: [English] Great
Subtitle: It was great
Ito & Shimada: Ahh

Narrator: Next, our destination is... here!
Narrator: The Baka T-Shirt Shop Kamikaze-Style, where fashions from the trendy town Shimokitazawa come. The Moe T-Shirt, which has a print of the cute character Moe in Akihabara, is very popular.

Ito: Hello! Please, come on in.
Ito: There are a lot of kinds of t-shirts here, aren't there?
Ronald McDonald T-Shirt: If you're Japanese, you eat rice.
Danni: Onigiri...
Ito: Onigiri! Yes...
Ito: Oh, how is this one? ...Otaku otaku otaku
Brian: Anime
Ito: Anime, yeah
T-Shirt: Illegal Alien
Brian: [English] This is me
Narrator: Now we'll speak with the designer, Mr. Himekawa, to tell us about picking out certain aspects of the t-shirts
Caption: Owner and Designer, Shinji Himekawa
Himekawa: It's all well and good to make these, but if you're looking for a favorite, something that stands out...
Ito & Shimada: Yeah, if you have a recommendation
Himekawa: Well, you need to look for an inspiration in what you want. Pick something based just on your inspiration, and you'll be fine.
Narrator: To select a t-shirt, inspiration is vital
Brian: Thank you very much
Himekawa: You are very welcome
Narrator: And what t-shirt did they pick?
Brian: Moe!
Ito: Moe?
Brian: Moe!
Ito: Moe?
Kizyr: Moe!
Ito & Shimada: This one?
Danni: Moe.
Shimada: This is?
Ito: The kanji says Akiba Post
Narrator: The Stone couple chose these T-shirts
Caption: The T-Shirts that the Stone couple chose
Narrator: The cute character is printed on these two, too
Brian: Thank you
Himekawa: Thank you

Narrator: There's still more left to see! Next time, can Mouton show them what they want?

Caption: How was the program? Interesting? Boring?

Well, there you go. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Mog Dragonheart
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Mog Dragonheart »

PrettyGirlJean wrote:I am short at 4'11/5'0 but Brian is also 6'5" which really makes me look short too :p haha

Wow your as tall as Julie, maybe even taller! (Can I get confirmation on that!!) hahahahaha

Sophia
Lostest Boy

Post by Sophia »

Gah, Kotobukiya! I want. I WANT. If I went to that store, I'd probably tear the place apart. I've learned the hard way that figure collecting can become a disturbingly addictive hobby.

Agawa
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Agawa »

Kizyr: Moe!

Cute.

Thanks for posting the link, Jean, it looked like a lot of fun. I'm glad you had a great honeymoon.