Randomness Post!

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Rimmie
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Randomness Post!

Post by Rimmie »

I wonder how many people could POSSIBLY know where ALL of this "random" stuff is from:

1)
(After being asked to fetch someone for the upteenth time:)
“You should go and get him yourself!”
“...Aguro! ...Sorry, he's a good man, but a little unpredictable sometimes."

2)
Huzzah!!

3)
Burning in the depths of the pits of darkness, let the fires of hell take you! Let the flames become my sword and strike you down! VENOM!!

4)
This is a golem made out of a loaf of bread. You find him crusty and his wit stale. Having thought the previous sentence, you almost hope he manages to kick your ass.

5)
"Fabulous secret powers were revealed to me the day I held aloft my magic sword and said, "BY THE POWER OF GREY SKULL! I HAVE THE POWER!!!"

6)
"Either you're lying, or you're stupid!"
"I'm stupid! I'm stupid!"

Good luck. Maybe I'll make a "winner" one of my crappy sprites or something.
Pickle? I thought you said baseball card!

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Is the 5th one He-Man? That's the only one I possibly recognize.
-G1

Erroneous
Legendary Hero

Post by Erroneous »

#2 is the Professor from Futurama?

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

wow. i honestly dont know a single one of those.

Rimmie
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Rimmie »

I tried to make them as diverse as possible; as in it's really their trade-mark line, not just something anyone could randomly say.

No; #2 isn't Futurama. (I don't think I know 100% what that is anyway.)

Yes; #5 is He-Man.

...Just kind of a game..>_>

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I don't know what you're getting at with #2. It's been around since the 16th century, according to the Oxford English Dictionary, and has had innumerable sources (I can think of Wordsworth at the moment).
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

#2 has been in so many things it is impossible to know where it came from :P Huzzah is in common usage, and I'm pretty sure the prof. in Futurama has used it at least once.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

Rimmie
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Rimmie »

Hmm.. Okay, then, sorry. I've only heard it one place, but I live under a rock. I was aiming at "Doukutsu Monogatari", for those who have played that.
Since no one thinks this is fun but me;

1) is from Lufia and the Fortress of Doom, 3) is from a crazy animated japanese show called "Bastard", 4) is Kingdom Of Loathing, GhaleonOne got 5, and 6 was from Transformers.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I should have known #1. It's just been so long since I've last played Lufia that I didn't recognize it. I still don't recognize the dialouge, but I do recognize Aguro.
-G1