computer help

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

computer help

Post by exigence »

i have this jpeg file that cant be opend, renamed, deleted, or moved how do i fix it?

Grey Fox
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Grey Fox »

Have you tried to reboot the PC and then give it a try?
No ma'am...no your computer isn't broken, you are...

CatsWithMatches
Red Dragon Priest

Post by CatsWithMatches »

disclaimer and warning - I do this for a living.

My first thought is that there is a character in the filename that your OS doesn't like. What operating system are on, and what's the name of the file?

If you're on windows, and file was originally made on a mac, some uppity mac user may have put a quotation mark or something in the name of the file, which windows doesn't like.

Other than that, the file could be corrupt.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I can't help you. I once made an attempt at writting C++, and made a executible with like, 4 or 5 lines of code to see if it worked. Big mistake. It booted up, slowed my PC, and I couldn't shut it down or delete the file. Even after 20 reboots. After a couple of months I think it finally let up and allowed me to delete it. Congrats to me, I made my first computer virus =O. On accident. lol.

Hey, do you get any warning with it? If so, take a screen shot (Prnt Screen then Ctrl+V into paint, save as Jpeg, upload to photobucket or whatever, post.)

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

It the JPEG being used by another program on your computer? Sometimes you can't do anything with a file if its being used by another program. I've files that couldn't be deleted because it was being used by another program.

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

Dark_Fairy wrote:It the JPEG being used by another program on your computer? Sometimes you can't do anything with a file if its being used by another program. I've files that couldn't be deleted because it was being used by another program.
ya i finnally figured it out even after i rebooted my computer it was still in limewire then i realized it was there and got rid of it, im just gonna use google images for album art next time.

Nall.TWK
Lostest Boy

Post by Nall.TWK »

I've had similar problems before, and I was told of a program called Wholockme. If you google it, you can download it and install it. Right click on any file that you have problems with, and click WhoLockMe, and it'll tell you the program that's using it. then you close that program(or kill it in task manager). It works well, but there were times WhoLockMe wouldn't work for me. but it's a very good solution if you have that problem in the future. :)
君と私でヒューヒューあつい鼓動刻んだら可愛い猫耳つけて二人でゴロゴロしましょう♪