Feature Testing

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Erroneous
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Feature Testing

Post by Erroneous »

This topic is meant to serve testing out the new features added or being added.

[spoiler]Welcome to the "What Is LUNAR?" section here at LunarNET which all newcomers to the LUNAR series should find helpful. The first LUNAR game, LUNAR: The Silver Star, was released in 1992 on the Mega CD (Sega CD here in North America) by a company named GameArts. It was developed by a group that GameArts put together by the name of Studio Alex, and consisted of key LUNAR people such as Kei Shigema as the head writer, Noriyuki Iwadare doing the sound and music, and T. Kubooka doing artwork and character designs. Originally, three stories were developed for the LUNAR series. The second story is what LUNAR: The Silver Star came to be. The first story was set in the background of LUNAR TSS and was based on the original four heroes: Dyne, Ghaleon, Lemia and Mel. This story was never made into a game, and would have taken place at least 15 years prior to the events of LUNAR TSS. The final story that was created is what LUNAR II: Eternal Blue became. Originally it was designed to be the next generation of heroes after LUNAR TSS, but when developing the game, they created a much larger timespan between the two games.[/spoiler]Notes: A good feature, tested on FireFox and IE however not for Safari

Notes: Only problem with this is that your signatures are also affected

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I like the spoiler feature, pretty tight =) Maybe that will prevent having to scroll for 6 hours past spoiler alerts, only to read in the next several posts people complaining because the game was ruined for them. :roll:

But uh, when exactly will we be getting our quick post back? *nudge nudge poke poke lick lick bribe*

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Definitely working fine so far xD

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

spoiler feature is excellent, can't wait to see it in action.

Censor Bars next? :P

Erroneous
Legendary Hero

Post by Erroneous »

Phyco, lick me again and I'll chop it right off. Quick Reply added, its beside Reply Post but there is no image for it so if you're using IE you'll see a broken X, and if you're using FireFox you'll see the words Quick Post. Either case click it and a box will open up.

Jenner wrote:spoiler feature is excellent, can't wait to see it in action.

Code: Select all

[spoiler]Text goes here[/spoiler]

Jenner wrote:Censor Bars next? :P

Eh?

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I like the quick reply like that.

And I have no clue what a censor bar is unless she means something like those warning levels on AIM, and if so, I don't want them. :P

Erroneous
Legendary Hero

Post by Erroneous »

Whenever I get the chance, I'll try using that PSD file for the logo and making a quick reply button. As for the censor bar, maybe its like the Word Censor but instead of a new world that black bars replace it?

Btw, board upgraded to phpBB2.0.14

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Insydius wrote:Whenever I get the chance, I'll try using that PSD file for the logo and making a quick reply button. As for the censor bar, maybe its like the Word Censor but instead of a new world that black bars replace it?

Btw, board upgraded to phpBB2.0.14

Actually I always liked the language filter, now that I think about it.

Have randomly generated child-friendly words starting with each letter of the alphabet (5-9 available) so every time someone curses the word is changed to something random and silly

IE:

Son of a [butterfly] I can't believe Julie is such a [strawberry]! [Frosting] Mickey gave me syphilis, that [Bunny rabbit]!!! :x

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Julie's a strawberry? That's why she's so sweet tasting! ...

And I didn't give you syphillus, Coley did. :P

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Buuuuurn. *lick's insyidius*

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Hehe, yeah, people who complain about boards with language rules don't realize how fun auto-censors can be. At the Metroid board I post on, all the words are Metroid-related, so you have people saying things like "that flickerbat piece of gunship is a real kraid to work with!" I don't even know which game flickerbats are in but it seems like the perfect censor somehow. Biscuit worked pretty well on the other board, too.

Though who can forget the auto-censoring that resulted in *s-->I'm a racist<--* ? That one confused me for days.

By the way, why is the forum so stretched out? It's wider than just that giant picture. Also, is there a way to make the spoiler tag require highlighting rather than just hovering? It's rather easy to accidentally hover.

Erroneous
Legendary Hero

Post by Erroneous »

Btw, this is a fresh installed board, all previous LNET censors "I'm a little girly man" are not up.

Alunissage wrote:By the way, why is the forum so stretched out? It's wider than just that giant picture.

Eh? The auto thumbnail should make the image fit nicely in the board without streching. Overall the site content is at 95% width on all pages excluding the header which is at 100% width.

Alunissage wrote:Also, is there a way to make the spoiler tag require highlighting rather than just hovering? It's rather easy to accidentally hover.

That was the purpose of leaving the previous spoiler tag, people (newbies & nooB's) didn't understand how it worked. Wereas this one hides it while you are reading everything else and makes it obvious that when your mouse goes over it that it pops up and goes off when the mouse is over and off the text. A button will be added to the posting page.

Ok phycs, just for you I created a button for the quick reply, though the word "fast" fit a lot better than the word quick when using the font type and font size.
---
LunarNET Discord: https://discord.gg/yzXgsSa

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Ah, I saw the button and said to myself; Fast Reply? Sweet =P Makes is seem faster XD

So yeah, no worries, it looks flippin nice and very professional. Besides, Fast reply has a nice ring to it XD

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Alunissage wrote:Hehe, yeah, people who complain about boards with language rules don't realize how fun auto-censors can be. At the Metroid board I post on, all the words are Metroid-related, so you have people saying things like "that flickerbat piece of gunship is a real kraid to work with!" I don't even know which game flickerbats are in but it seems like the perfect censor somehow. Biscuit worked pretty well on the other board, too.

We kind of took your suggestion. Now no one can talk about how much they think some son of a -Borgan- just keeps giving them -Dragon Diamond- all day. KF

Erroneous
Legendary Hero

Post by Erroneous »

New feature, expandible quote box. This feature helps viewing a topic by contracting a quote within a nice small box. No matter how long the text may be, everything is contracted including the code bbcode. This was added because of a certain psycho wannabee here.
---

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Insydius wrote:
New feature, expandible quote box. This feature helps viewing a topic by contracting a quote within a nice small box. No matter how long the text may be, everything is contracted including the code bbcode. This was added because of a certain psycho wannabee here.

I dunno that quote box here seems indefinately long, man.

HOWEVER, I'd like to point out that I've been doing The List LONG BEFORE Phyco showed up.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

I don't suppose there's a preference we can set somewhere about whether we'd like them expanded by default, is there? I'm finding myself constantly clicking expand, which kinda defeats the purpose of having it contracted in the first place.
You have taught us the pity to live.
But I will not forget the beauty of life itself.
--Hyuui Riin, Phantasy Star II
-- http://www.sabrecat.net/ --

Erroneous
Legendary Hero

Post by Erroneous »

Nope, must like all BBCodes there is no on or off switch. However I could remove this for the Quote BBCode and leave it for Code and if someone wishes to quote something that is large they can use the Code BBCode. I never seen anyone here at LunarNET in the 2 years of my stay use the code feature. Then again most people in The Arts never ask for HTML/JAVA/PHP/ASP help, just site plugging.
---

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Dingleberries and hoppypock. 

8)
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Sub Private BorgansFeast(BorgansWeight as integer)
Dim BorgansWeight As Integer
BorgansWeight = 100
Do While (BorgansWeight < 2000)
 Response.Write ("Borgan eats barbequed Fatal Hopper with Bronze Dog ribs and Dung Beetle gravy.")
 BorgansWeight=BorgansWeight+10
Loop

Response.Write ("Congratulations. You made Borgan break his weight record!")

End Sub

Last edited by GhaleonOne on Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.