Official "I'm going to be a father" topic

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Official "I'm going to be a father" topic

Post by Imperial Knight »

So, my wife and I are expecting our first child this fall. Naturally, we're thrilled by the new addition to our family. We won't know whether it's a boy or a girl for a few more weeks.

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: Official "I'm going to be a father" topic

Post by Alunissage »

Awesome! Congratulations! ^_^

Is "Jurian" in the running for names? :D

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Well, we've been mostly looking at recycling names of family members and that sadly doesn't intersect much with names of Growlanser characters. It's actually kind of surprising given that we're both of German descent and the Growlanser games take place in such a Germanic setting.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Besides your avatar, Jurian mainly came to mind because the little I've gathered from the first game's artwork and strategy guide suggests that it would apply for a person of as yet unknown gender. It was the comment that you don't yet have that datum that brought it to mind. =)

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Heh, I hadn't thought of that angle.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Kaiser is a very good name, you know.
If it's a girl, might I suggest Kaiserina?

Congratulations! KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Congratulations, future dad! Dad of the future! The once and future dad. The dad expectant.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Damon
Lann Fisherman

Post by Damon »

Congratulations. And I know you've already picked an excellent name.
Former Keeper of Knowledge

Arlia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Arlia »

I pray to God every night that I won't have kids.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I...what...why would you post that on a thread by someone who is clearly very happy to have a child? I mean, I wish you the best in not having offspring if that's your preference, but it sounds rather mean to throw that in here.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Congratulations! :D
-Nobi

Arlia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Arlia »

I guess I just don't understand why this is in a video game forum. I guess I'm just kind of sad that the Lunar community is pretty much dead.

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

Arlia wrote:I guess I just don't understand why this is in a video game forum. I guess I'm just kind of sad that the Lunar community is pretty much dead.
We come together of fans of something, and we can get to know each other, and talk about our lives. New topics about little things is a good way to keep this alive, keep people around with something to talk about, not to much to say about Lunar after all these years with nothing new coming out, sure things come up once in awhile and that's good but we need other things too, kind of the whole purpose of the Almost anything goes board. People talk about music, movies, ect. and that's not video game related, so why not share some good news!

Congrats by the way! I hope you have a healthy and happy little bundle of joy! are you hoping for a specific gender? of course you'll be happy with what ever you get but some people always hope for one more then the other.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Sorry for the lateness, but congratulations! Having a baby will probably be super exciting for the two of you! I hope everything goes well! :D

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Kaiya-Sky wrote:
We come together of fans of something, and we can get to know each other, and talk about our lives. New topics about little things is a good way to keep this alive, keep people around with something to talk about, not to much to say about Lunar after all these years with nothing new coming out, sure things come up once in awhile and that's good but we need other things too, kind of the whole purpose of the Almost anything goes board. People talk about music, movies, ect. and that's not video game related, so why not share some good news!
To add to this, pretty much every forum I've ever belonged to has had a "General Discussion" board for just this purpose. Personally I wouldn't be all that interested in a forum where all the talk is about video games.
Congrats by the way! I hope you have a healthy and happy little bundle of joy! are you hoping for a specific gender? of course you'll be happy with what ever you get but some people always hope for one more then the other.
I try to remind myself of the advantages of each so that I won't be disappointed either way. For what it's worth, I'm convinced it's going to be a girl and she's convinced it's going to be a boy, but it's not like either of us have any evidence.

Arlia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Arlia »

I guess all that makes some sense. I didn't mean to be out of sorts, but to be honest with you, I just don't frequent so many forums.

Anyway... once you see the baby, you won't care what gender it is. My sister recently found out she's having her first boy after two lacey, Disney Princess loving girls, and couldn't be more excited. Evne though they already have a boat-load of girl stuff.
Babies are a handful, but when they can finally give back it to you, it's priceless.

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

When my Boyfriends mom had him, she didn't want a boy at all, she already had one daughter, and wanted another, but once she discovered how cuddly he was she just loved having a boy, and said if she was to have another kid she would have wanted another boy.

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Imperial Knight wrote:
For what it's worth, I'm convinced it's going to be a girl and she's convinced it's going to be a boy, but it's not like either of us have any evidence.
Turns out she was right; we're going to be having a boy!

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

that's exciting, have you guys started thinking names yet, or are you going to wait until closer to the end? And hows she handling the pregnancy?

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Well, just promise me you won't get nightmares of her dying in childbirth, and then hook up with a really shady guy who's a master of the dark arts.

You'll just end up on a rebreather in black armor if you do that one. ;)

(Congrats!)
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.