Lunar ONLINE?

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
MagicEmperor
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Lunar ONLINE?

Post by MagicEmperor »

A guy can only dream right... :)

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Yeah! We can all dream. This would be really neat to happen, but at the same time with how toxic the online world can be...It might end up being very bad for the beautiful universe that is LUNAR
Lotus Moon Productions
- Podcasts on Independent Music Artists & Wrestling -

https://soundcloud.com/lotusmoonproductions

AkagisWhiteComet
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AkagisWhiteComet »

Probably would never happen.

Game Arts has been kind of sitting on both LUNAR and Grandia (Grandia has had some PSN and Steam releases). At the absolute least we could eventually see some sort of digital release for past LUNAR titles that aren't mobile, but I believe that's fairly far fetched. There's also a very high chance any sort of modern title for the IP having a change in direction for character design. Toshiyuki Kubooka did not do the updated graphics work for Lunar SS Harmony as he primarily does work for Bandai's Idolm@aster series, and potential for a more open ended and accessible world (think having your character be from the beast men race, for example) could lead to having some updates and introductions to various character races and the like in the LUNAR lore. Kubooka has done monster and beast races though in the past; his work in Albert Odyssey Legend of Eldean featured 'humanized' dragon and avian character designs.

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Just in case anyone wants to see what I created over a 10 year period, I was going to upload some pictures of what I did. I haven't touched this in 3 years, but was feeling sentimental today. I'll upload some more later.
Caldor.png
Caldor.png (937.09 KiB) Viewed 30766 times
Burg1.png
Burg1.png (795.44 KiB) Viewed 30766 times
Azado.png
Azado.png (213.14 KiB) Viewed 30766 times

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Meribia.png
Meribia.png (213.76 KiB) Viewed 30757 times
Horam.png
Horam.png (210.99 KiB) Viewed 30757 times
Frotal.png
Frotal.png (313.27 KiB) Viewed 30757 times

Hirox
Student of Vane

Post by Hirox »

Crazy! I came here to post my almost annual loss to the wham challenge and started browsing around and was like man...havent heard anything on Lunar Online and browsed the old photos 2 days ago. And here you are posting these today. So neat. Wish I got a chance to try it, or new anything about coding so could have offered to help! Sure looks pretty tho. Thanks for sharing.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

I notice a lot of art there not in the original games, did you do that or where did you take it from?

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Thank you, Hirox.

DevNall, all the graphics are from Lunar, minus a few original items from myself. They are taken from all the games and thrown around in different patterns and colors.
Attachments
ZulanSpring.png
ZulanSpring.png (288.26 KiB) Viewed 30721 times
Vane Vile.png
Vane Vile.png (281.73 KiB) Viewed 30721 times
Dungeon.png
Dungeon.png (970.01 KiB) Viewed 30721 times

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Last one.
Attachments
Peyzod.png
Peyzod.png (258.75 KiB) Viewed 30719 times
Nalda.png
Nalda.png (475.85 KiB) Viewed 30719 times
Ivari.png
Ivari.png (359.13 KiB) Viewed 30719 times

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Wow, that's a really neat mix of the various games' art.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

I'd fix it so the 5 Dragon Song heroes are the 'base classes', then you 'prestige class' into the heroes of Lunar 1 and 2. Then there'd be two 'ultra prestige' classes, Dragonmasters, and 'Divines'. Divines are always female and have blue hair. Always. They come in Luna and Lucia varieties. ;)
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Thanks, Alunissage! :D

AA, that sounds like too much work.. Yuck. I exhausted myself working on that game, with only minimal assistance from people that eventually left me alone. Interesting idea, though!

Ghaleon777
Lostest Boy

Post by Ghaleon777 »

These maps are PRO work mate... sad that you wont ever release this after so much work put into it.
I dont know how it actually plays (attacks and that jazz) but from what i see, you could make it into a OFFLINE game only, with some quests to do, AI controlled enemies and bosses and so forth!

Actually you gave me an idea to do something similar since i started using another game engine that its capable of doing action RPG combat-style.

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Thank you, G777.

I'd love to work on it again, but my priorities have changed. I had at least 5 programmers commit to helping, only to give up after a few weeks. It became too much of a burden for one person.

Ghaleon777
Lostest Boy

Post by Ghaleon777 »

I understand. Something similar happened to the guy of the never released fan game "Lunar The Last Hope" after i told him that i was leaving the project.
Now i started the project again, but its hard, even thought i have EVERYTHING ripped. Inspiration for this kind of stuff comes and goes.

MagicEmperor
Student of Vane

Post by MagicEmperor »

Great work guy those pictures look awesome you should deff do something like offline quests, AI, it would be awesome.

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

A lot of excellent pics here, but when using others art for games i think you technically couldn't produce it due to certain copyrights. (Could be wrong) but either way it looks great!
Lotus Moon Productions

MagicEmperor
Student of Vane

Post by MagicEmperor »

Check this out some new Lunar game showing up on Steam also called Lunar. Looks similar if you ask me.
Attachments
LUNAR STEAM.png
LUNAR STEAM.png (923.94 KiB) Viewed 25293 times

Erroneous
Legendary Hero

Post by Erroneous »

露娜传 Luna Biography without the R in lunar?
Link https://store.steampowered.com/app/2082480/_/

Made by 艾露比工作室 Aruby's studio (Ai Ruhi Workshop) released this year in 2022.

Looks like they ripped assets from all over the place including a wallpaper from Kaguya-Sama: Love Is War!
---
LunarNET Discord: https://discord.gg/yzXgsSa

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

That doesn't look that good.... If it's based of LUNAR then it's just a sad rip off, The previous screenshots above are a lot better, but as i said a while ago... With how today's society is online...So many trolls and so many negative things...I can't see an online version of LUNAR existing in harmony. The game itself is a beautiful story mixed with magical feelings and a fantastic cast (Talking of 1 & 2 and the remakes)

I think the fact that it is a 1P game where the player can immerse themselves into the adventure by themselves adds to the magical quality. It isn't until one goes online where they are able to bond with other Players of the game, but at the same time run into people who crap all over it or crap over favorite parts of that Player...Other people just exist to troll others...Many psychological reasons why...But...It's with all online games now sadly
Lotus Moon Productions