New to the Board

New users, post your introduction to the forums here here!
Posters leaving for or returning after an extended period of time, feel free to post here as well!
Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

New to the Board

Post by Shiva Indis »

Look out, here comes someone else who likes to pretend she's smart, yet has a Final Fantasy-derived nick! :oops:

Even I think my user name is weird, because I barely qualify as a Final Fantasy fan. I mostly just like 6... and 4...

My most pertinent interests are Japanese, import gaming, and translating little-known documents related to games and anime. I run a page called the Lunar Goods Archive that is badly in need of an update. I hope to get to it soon.

BTW, I'm itching to field some Lunar Genesis spoilers. Just PM. :shock:

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Hi there! I've been wanting to 'meet' you for years, since first reading about the Lunar Goods Archive sometime in 2000. I seem to have gotten online just after all the interesting sites started fading...anyway, welcome! ^_^ The Archive has been invaluable in my search for assorted Lunar books and such, and when a chance reference in 2002 led me to search for it again I was really glad to find it.

I've been playing Genesis myself, but since my knowledge of Japanese is limited to puzzling out katakana names, it's been a little limiting. I'm the impatient sort, though.

For little-known document translating, how about those sketchbooks of Akari Funato's? ;)

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Heya Shiva! My favorite FF is 4, so ... yes, rockin'!

Hope you enjoy it here!
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Hey! A lot of us here already sort of know you. Welcome to the boards.

I'm nearing the end of Lunar: Genesis myself. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Alunissage wrote:For little-known document translating, how about those sketchbooks of Akari Funato's? ;)

I love Funato! I just netted her doujinshi for her Desert of Stars manga, and I was so excited I think my heart shipped a beat. :D

Actually, I was hunting around in some material of Funato's I have for an avatar and found something very entertaining - it seems to be a fax sheet she sent to Kubooka after the Lunar 2 remake was released on Saturn. She's complaining about the quality of the art in the anime sequences.

She's pretty harsh about it, but I share her opinion. So I'm using her little sketch of Hiro with arrows pointing at his chin that say 'indented' as an avatar.

SSSFan
Red Dragon Priest
Location: in front of my computer, above my keyboard, at the lunarnet forum, in my house etc. etc.

Post by SSSFan »

welcome to the boards! cool site. I didn't knew that one yet

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Hehehe. I was thumbing through the SSS novels last night and thinking about how different the characters come out when she can draw as herself rather than in the specific game style. I'm not familiar with any non-Lunar stuff, and sadly can't read a word beyond names, but I love looking at the pictures (heh, that sounds childish). Where'd the bit you're using as an avatar come from?

I think I remember seeing your Desert of Stars page before, but never followed up on it. I've been curious about what she does independent of other constraints, so perhaps I'll have to look it up. I'm constantly amazed at the detail. (I don't read manga or follow any other Japanese drawing outside of game-related art, so I don't have any basis to compare.)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

The avatar looks familiar to me, but from where, I have no clue.
-G1

Jyd3n
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jyd3n »

Hey i'm new as well so I wish us both luck at making friends over the web.
Good Luck and have a good year

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

Any Lunar fan is a friend of mine :P