Yo.

New users, post your introduction to the forums here here!
Posters leaving for or returning after an extended period of time, feel free to post here as well!
Angelalex242
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Yo.

Post by Angelalex242 »

I'm new.

You'll find that I enjoy complex philosophical discussions, and I love Lucia. (The Goddess, not the DS one)

And reading too deeply into games to try and figure out things that likely never even occured to the developers.

Audric
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Audric »

Welcome To The LN Forums

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Welcome to the boards :)

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

Welcome to the MB. Don't forget to ask Phyco for one of his awesome friendship rings (But not the ticking variety).

And as far as trying to figure things out that don't occur to the dev'rs, what material do you suppose is Vincent's coffin made out of in FF7? It looks like wood, but sounds like metal...

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Sorry, but my rings only come in ticking when activated :P

SSSFan
Red Dragon Priest
Location: in front of my computer, above my keyboard, at the lunarnet forum, in my house etc. etc.

Post by SSSFan »

that comes in handy. when you sell them to someone you hate you can activate them. wow, you must REALLY hate me then :shock:
anyway, welcome to the boards, angelalex242!

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

No, I give them to everyone. It all started many many many many many seconds ago....

Errr, so anyway. Angel, you must really like Lucia eh?

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

I've been arguing for her lately, haven't I?

But yes. <3

Anyways.

It's odd.

I dunno if anybody's heard of MUSHes before (or MUCKs, or MUXes).

But for some reason, Lucia's the only female character I'm willing to play online. Still not sure why, but that's just how it is.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I've heard of MUSHes! I should probably check into the one I was involved with. Hmmm.

Welcome!
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Yeah, I've heard of them. Intresting, I just RP my own characters :P Except only on game games, not word based RPGs.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Results of my in depth statistical research on Lucia

Post by Angelalex242 »

Here's her level 99 Blue Spire list...

Atomic Burn (Single, Lucia's Painful magic) Thunder Blow (Zone, Lucia's Loud Magic), Plasma Rain (All, No description), Atomic Burn (Special, personal radius, this is what I used to call Atomic Blow.)

Heal Litany, Power Charge, Magic Barrier, Blue Star Prayer, Solar Bomb (otherwise known as Black Dragon Grief)

Even cursed (funnily enough) she still has the following...before Ronfar even bothers healing her...

Napalm Shot (Lucia's Assault Magic)
Heal Litany, Power Charge, Magic Barrier, Blue Star Prayer.

Around level 24 or so, she gets Lightning Bomb (Lucia's Deadly Magic).
Around level 27 or so, she gets Plasma Rain (Lucia's Powerful Magic)
Around level 35 or so, she regains Thunder Blow (Lucia's Loud Magic)
Around level 40 or so, she regains Plasma Rain (No comment)
Around level 43 or so, she regains Atomic Burn (Lucia's Painful Magic)
Around level 48 or so, she regains Atomic Burn (No comment, functions like Jean's Aura attack, normally called Atomic Blow)
She never regains Solar Bomb. Losing that spell seems to be the only permanent effect Zophar's curse has.

Lucia's Level 99 Stats are as follows. You can only see them in an equipment shop by buying an item and placing the item cursor over her picture. Unfortunately, you can't do this in the Blue Spire, so you have to find out the hard way...by killing lots and lots of Chiros. Still, except for losing Solar Bomb, she does, in fact, recover completely from Zophar's curse at level 99.

But here they are, with comparisons:

HP:777 (Same as Lemina)
MP:--- (Divine:Infinite)
Attack:125 (Same as Lemina...she doesn't hit things.)
Attacks:1 (Same as Lemina, again, she doesn't hit things.)
Defense:348 (Divine:Without equipment, Hiro only has 220 defense...and Lucia has no equipment. This is higher then Ronfar (322), Jean (329), and Lemina (297) with their best pre epilogue eq. It is not higher then Hiro's however, at 357. Lucia's defense NEKKID is almost as good as Hiro's in full armor. Not bad, Lucia...)
Agility:200 (Same as Hiro...not bad, for a spellcaster)
Speed:150 (Same as Lemina...well, Lucia's a spellcaster too. And SLOW. At least Lemina can equip twin Chiro crests...and she generally should, too.)
Wisdom:250 (Same as Lemina...apparently, Lucia doesn't exceed mortals with her offense. And Lemina exceeds Lucia with her equipment. Aura Robe+Gorgon Doll+2 Magic Eye crests=292)
MagicDef:305 (Divine:Nobody matches this, even with equipment)
Range:30 (Better then Ronfar and Lemina, Worse then Hiro and Jean.)
Luck:29 (Divine:Nobody matches this)

Overall:Lucia exceeds mortals overall. She is slow, which is her only weak point. But her lack of physical strength is compensated for by infinite MP.

This is my reference sheet, so to speak, for further Lucia arguments :D
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Are you sure she never attacks? I've certainly see her march up to an enemy and slap it for 1 damage, but I don't remember which game. It could be both of them. Just very low probability.

Talking about her equipped or not equipped is probably completely moot, as you can't change what she's wearing. She essentially has permanent armor, so comparing her to Hiro with and without equipment is silly and proves nothing. Likewise with magic defense. Though actually, for a good comparison you should list her starting stats, from the first time you can view them.

The only particularly interesting stat is the infinite MP, though that's actually not that interesting inherently.

Her having spells when cursed is academic. Why expect the programmers to do both a pre-uncursed set and a post-uncursed set when all they need to do is make her only battle move Defend?

The duplicate spell names sound like typos, though since they're undoubtedly not intended to be seen it doesn't matter much. I take it Plasma Rain (comment) morphs into Plasma Rain (no comment).

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

I've never seen it happen, and if I level her to 99, you'd think I'd have seen it once.

Must be EB only.

Yes, it's permanent armor, but one of those permanent equipments after the carnival is a simple hairband. And the defense for THAT is known, but because it never changes, she's gaining like...7-8 points of defense per level.

Yes, Plasma Rain comment morphs into Plasma Rain no comment.

In fact, if you're overleveled at lower levels...say, in the 30s-40s...Lucia actually has MORE defense then Hiro in armor. At levels 14-20, putting Lucia in front of the party before Zulan is all around wise. She has the defense to shrug off hits, and she only attacks if she GETS hit. So you win all around for NOT protecting her.

In the beginning, she has the stats listed above...they're the same as Hiro or Lemina depending, but her magic defense starts at like...90. And Hiro's lucky if he has 30.

Magic Defense is signifcant cause even if you put two barrier rings on Lemina, she still doesn't catch up to Lucia.

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

phyco126 wrote:No, I give them to everyone. It all started many many many many many seconds ago....

Errr, so anyway. Angel, you must really like Lucia eh?

Didn't those friendship rings used to be nuclear bombs?
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, I believe the physically attacking Lucia was EB only. I could be wrong, but I don't recall her doing it when I replayed EBC recently. I do, however, recall her doing it in the past, so I'm thinking it likely was only an EB thing.
-G1