Hello I forgot to post this lol

New users, post your introduction to the forums here here!
Posters leaving for or returning after an extended period of time, feel free to post here as well!
VidKid369
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Hello I forgot to post this lol

Post by VidKid369 »

Hi guys! I'm sorry I forgot to post my introduction. Well I've been an RPG gamer since I was just a young kid I think my first RPG was Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, Final Fantasy II for S.N.E.S. or Breath of Fire. I really got into the- my first Lunar game back when LUNAR: Silver Star Story Complete first was released. I tried to find LUNAR THE SILVER STAR and I even traded Final Fantasy III for S.N.E.S. for it on AOL online. I didn't know I needed a Sega CD to play it lol. I listened to it just on my Discman CD player for the longest time. I finally got to play it sometime in 2012. I got to play Lunar II: Eternal Blue for Sega CD too somewhere at the same time. I'm really fond of Lunar. It's one of my favorite game series. LUNAR: Silver Star Story Complete is like my favorite RPG. Ok thanks!

Ηiro
Lostest Boy

Re: Hello I forgot to post this lol

Post by Ηiro »

Hello! I love this forum... and that's from popping in like every few years. This place feels like a small slice of home. I'm replaying Silver Star Story right now... :)

VidKid369
Red Dragon Priest

Post by VidKid369 »

Oh I replay LUNAR: Silver Star Story Complete every Christmas, Hiro, it's like tradition in my house. I'm also finally starting to write during my RPG playthroughs lol! Nothing's ever topped LUNAR: SSSC for me yet and I doubt anything else will? It's been my favorite RPG ever since I played it. I actually love it so much it's like my little obsession lmao. I actually dread having to play LUNAR 2: Eternal Blue Complete right after cause I don't want to let go of SSSC. Ughhh. But it's cool it's all good. Anything in the Lunar series is fine with me but I mainly strictly only play these two games. My Sega CD is wonky and dying on me so I'm just careful of that of course I want to play Sega CD first but these two games are more in my generation. I could always just buy another Sega CD though.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

The SegaCD games play quite well on emulator, and you can play from the game discs directly. Though I suppose optical drives are no longer standard in computers.

VidKid369
Red Dragon Priest

Post by VidKid369 »

Thanks, Alunissage, I'll keep that in mind. I have a friend that told me to just check the capacitors in my Sega CD he said that might be the problem why it just keeps dying on me when I play on it but I have absolutely no idea how to do that kind of stuff! I do have a laptop though I'll check if it still has a disc drive!! :)

Edit: Good news! I checked and it has a disc drive.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Hey welcome to the forums!

Good luck and hope you're able to play/replay it soon, whether fixing your Sega CD or via emulator.
~Kizyr (they|them)

VidKid369
Red Dragon Priest

Post by VidKid369 »

Hi, Kizyr, thanks for the warm welcome!! :)

I know I've been meaning to get back into the Lunar series and I think of course I'll fiddle with my actual Sega CD system first but if that doesn't work I guess I'll have to research for a good Sega CD emulator online.

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Welcome! Chrono Trigger is still one of my favorites (^^) I hope they remake it soon! I love Cross as well
Lotus Moon Productions
- Podcasts on Independent Music Artists & Wrestling -

https://soundcloud.com/lotusmoonproductions

VidKid369
Red Dragon Priest

Post by VidKid369 »

I know Chrono Trigger is one of my favorites too. I'm in the process of going back into my backlog and re-playing games I might've forgotten about in 15+ years since I first played them, as well as RPGs I haven't finished yet! When I get to Chrono Trigger I'll have to make sure to/I'll get all the endings. I still have it for Super Nintendo and it works perfectly.

I know I love Chrono Cross too as well!! When I was trying to get back into gaming after my life fell apart Chrono Cross was the first RPG I decided to boot up I love the start screen with the ocean and the water. I think it's a fantastic RPG. It totally brought me back to the gaming fold.