Any Good Manga Out There?

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
LordYamaneko
Saith Pirate
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by LordYamaneko »

Coley Lou wrote:I like:
X
Tokyo Babylon
Chobits

CLAMP powaaaa. :D

The manga I like :

- X (fantastic)
- Fruits Basket (eerrhh... shojo, humor, friendship ; this is so beautiful :'))
- 20th Century Boys (best narrative ; an incredible thriller)

I don't read much manga, so my list is rather short. ^^
"We must hold together!"

punkabof1
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by punkabof1 »

I like Ragnorok and wild act

Wizro
Saith Pirate

Post by Wizro »

I like Hellsing (way better than the anime), Love Hina, Sgt. Frog, Chrono Crusade, No Need for Tenchi, and the All New Tenchi Muyo.

Etherest
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Etherest »

Well, no one's posted in this forum for a few days...so here's my new (short ) list...and thanks for the recommendations.
X, Hellsing, Ragnorok, Full Metal Panic, Azumunga Diaho
Okay, Hacker, listen up. I am tired of your fake assumptions! What is your problem?! Do you just like to mess with 14 year olds, who KNOW they don't lie to people at a site they consider HOME?!! PM ME NOW!

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Hello all! :)

Well, I'm a shojou nut so I've been following: Hana Yori Dango, Furuba (Fruits Basket), Girl Got Game, Hana Kimi, and Hot Gimmick. I'm finishing up my collection of Peach Girl (not sure why the divided into "Change of Heart"). I finished up Mars which is an awesome manga... I'll admit its a bit slow in some areas but the story is tremendous. The taiwanese live-action of the same name adapted from the manga is VERY good as well... I actually like the drama a bit more than the manga. I sort of had the same issue with the Hana Yori Dango live action drama (Meteor Garden), I kind of like them equally... I kind of liked some scenes more in one or the other... also, the live action drama followed the HyD manga moreso than the anime!

With all of the live action dramas being made of my favorite shojou mangas/animes I'm always on the look out... I'm still holding out for a Mars anime, but if not, at least the drama was great

Anyhow, anyone here interested in any of the titles I mentioned? I have time now to explore a bunch of titles so I'll check out some mentioned here!

Thanks and take care!

Etherest
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Etherest »

Yay...the place I linked in the first page of this forum finally has another Lunar scanlation...( First Chapter of Childhood's End...)...just in case anyone doesn't know and can't read japanese...
Okay, Hacker, listen up. I am tired of your fake assumptions! What is your problem?! Do you just like to mess with 14 year olds, who KNOW they don't lie to people at a site they consider HOME?!! PM ME NOW!

Deltath
Lann Fisherman

Post by Deltath »

I'm a CLAMP fan. If you get anything CLAMP, it will probably treat you well. Also, the art is quite lovely. I especially like Magic Knight Rayearth and X. There are a number of other great titles, though. CLAMP it!

Etherest
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Etherest »

CLAMP it I shall!...and the place I linked in the first page has part of the first chapter of Lunar Magic School translated...finally!!...too bad they didn't finish Eternal Blue though...it's been a while...

Katze
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Katze »

Well, it's hard to reccomend you something if you don't say what you're most interested in.

Sooo...

If you like shoujo:
-His and Her Circumstances (Kare Kano); (the manga is far superior to the anime and the story goes much farther. If you liked the anime, then you should definitely check out the manga.)
-DNAngel (it's pretty cute and it's interesting too. A little slow at times, but still good.)

I don't really read shoujo or particularly like it, so that's all I can reccomend for that genre lol. I was gonna say Full Moon o Sagashite, too, but you're already following that.

If you like shounen:
-Bleach (great manga)
-Full Metal Alchemist (excellent)
-Naruto (good, but not the greatest. But a lot of people love it so I'm reccomending it anyway.)

Other (I'm not sure which genres these belong too):
-The Slayers (I'd reccomend the novels over the manga, personally, but they're both good. The novels are currently being released by Tokyopop, and you can find them in the manga sections of bookstores even though they aren't manga. XD It's excellent, and if you like fantasy then you should seriously consider taking a look.)
-Chrono Crusade (very good manga.)

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

Yes! Fullmetal Alchemist is great, and the first comic volume translated in English just came out very recently.

Etherest
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Etherest »

Anything that's good really...much like the ones you've mentioned...
Also this forum could be for posting what mangas you like.

Audric
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Audric »

Yea i enjoyed the DNangel and chobits ones

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

I just started reading Chobits... it's pretty good so far. I thought it was going to be more 'fanboyish' so it took my friend watching the anime and telling me about it before I really gave it a try. Glad I finally did! :)

Darkgeohound
Nanza Bandit

Post by Darkgeohound »

I don't think anyone has said anything about Ranma 1/2. It is one of the funniest things i have ever read. The fact that he can change from guy to girl creates so many funny situations.
There is no greater purpose in life than that which we make for ourselves.

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

Darn, now I really want Fullmetal Alchemist manga... darn, why'd I have to remind myself of the complete awesomeness of FMA.

Jyd3n
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jyd3n »

My top favorite manga are:
Oh My Goddess
Love Hina
Trigun
Megatokyo
and A.I.Love You

definately hit these babies up

drumlord
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by drumlord »

GTO
Berserk
Fruits Basket

Get those and you'll never need to buy any more manga ever.
-Rich-

Inu
Burg Farmer

Post by Inu »

PrettyGirlJean wrote:.. it took my friend watching the anime and telling me about it before I really gave it a try. Glad I finally did! :)

The endings of the anime and manga are verry different..and in the manga its by far better than the anime.

Anyway iv been reading DearS ^.^ it reminds me alot of Chobits, though it is a bit kinkier at times..but still funny and cute