Lost Song Reminded Me of Lunar

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lost Song Reminded Me of Lunar

Post by Shiva Indis »

I stumbled across this promotional image and was strongly reminded of artwork for Silver Star Harmony.

I watched a bit of it, and that planet in the sky? It appears in backgrounds in the show for some fantasy flair (to the best of my knowledge, maybe it figures into the plot at some point?) but lets just call it the Blue Star and be done with it. And the character designs are a bit throwback, which also adds to the Lunar vibe. Plus, the protagonists sing magical songs.

Lost Song is a Netflix original, which means that more critical attention has been paid to it than a middling anime like this would otherwise get. Professionals have written about this show's shortcomings so I don't have to. But since Lost Song actually tells parts of its story through song, it got me thinking about musical narrative in Lunar - and how little of it there actually is.

Lunar 3: The Musical Adventure anybody?
「まあいいけど。」

Zethus Thorne
Lann Fisherman

Re: Lost Song Reminded Me of Lunar

Post by Zethus Thorne »

I don't see the resemblance

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I see the resemblance to the main SSH artwork in that there's a fairly sharp divide between blue tones and orange tones and a lot of curvature.
lunar_wall_A_1920.jpg
lunar_wall_A_1920.jpg (1.57 MiB) Viewed 16183 times
(Wish I had a smaller version of that; sorry for the screen-stretching.)

Zethus Thorne
Lann Fisherman

Post by Zethus Thorne »

Oh. Now I have seen it.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Hey if this was 15-20 years ago a random image like that could spark another Lunar 3 rumor!

Anyone remember Blue Seed? For like two years back in the 90s that one anime (well the promo art anyway) had some folks convinced it was a teaser for an upcoming Lunar 3.
~Kizyr (they|them)